Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 692

Thread: [Conflux] Set Discussion (formerly spoilers)

  1. #561
    Member

    Join Date

    Nov 2005
    Location

    Germany
    Posts

    46

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by georgjorge View Post
    Since they can untap before their next upkeep, I think they only take three even IF they're tapped out (with blue being the most common color by far).
    They don't get priority in their untapp step :).
    "My opponent has just played his 5th Platinum Angel. Does he lose the game?"

    Quote Originally Posted by radley View Post
    LOL, i've just read all my PMs, i already got infractions. How many infractions do i have to get to be banned?

  2. #562

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Knight is also kinda awesome with Tithe. You sac a land, respond with Tithe to get some 2 lands into your hand, get wasteland into play with the knight's ability, and then play your duals or plains that you got with Tithe so you can keep using the knight's ability. Definitely danger of cool things realm, but it seems so abusable, with the "any land" clause on it.

  3. #563
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,533

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Cheap Goyf & friends solution?

    Controlled Instincts
    Enchantment - Aura (uncommon)
    Enchant Red or Green creature
    Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.

    Sure, the target needs to be tapped first, but at least it only costs 1 mana.

  4. #564
    Site Contributor
    ScatmanX's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2008
    Posts

    761

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    I guess that decks with Blue will prefer Mind Harness (and maybe Submerge) then this.

  5. #565
    snooPING AS usual, I see.
    Mordel's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    CANADUH
    Posts

    476

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    The knight is the only creature in the set that I actually am excited about fucing around with. The exalted pseudo-bop druid may be rad for 1.x and standard, but I don't give a fuck about either of those formats anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    With Crucible, you have a deck full of high-quality cocaine powder ready to be snorted from 20-year-old Kylie Minogue's ass. Play fucking four.
    -It could be about four of anything and I would agree.

  6. #566
    Not going to give it up for a shoe you made out of a dog....
    Lifeless's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2007
    Posts

    116

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Now, as a non-Standard player, will it make sense to play a shitty deck built to beat Faeries at this point, or simply keep on playing Faeries and fighting hate?
    That's the million dollar question. I'm going to say red gets such a huge boost from Volcanic Fallout and Banefire that it's on top for a bit followed by a resurgence of 3-5CC. I think Fallout owns the format at present, but not actually answering Bitterblossum could make it fall short.
    Quote Originally Posted by sasa_batora View Post
    <you> Wrath destroys it. Moreover it cannot fly over Moat.
    <Palyer> omg you are retadr

  7. #567
    Chief Head Chief of the Department of Redundancy Department
    b4r0n's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2005
    Location

    Massachusetts
    Posts

    198

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    That's the million dollar question. I'm going to say red gets such a huge boost from Volcanic Fallout and Banefire that it's on top for a bit followed by a resurgence of 3-5CC. I think Fallout owns the format at present, but not actually answering Bitterblossum could make it fall short.
    I'd agree that red is going to be a bit better. However, if you build a deck to beat Faeries, chances are you're going to lose to Cruel Control. So the format remains a rock-paper-scissors metagame, albeit with Faeries slightly more manageable than before.

    EDIT: Spoiler is complete. Of note:

    Wretched Banquet
    Sorcery (Common)
    Destroy target creature with the least power or tied for least power.

    Is that playable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    And make no mistake, a Hulk Flash dominated metagame is shit on a plate. Sure, it made for an interesting GP and possibly even attracted a few curious newcomers who wondered "I wonder what it's like to eat shit?" or "I wonder what it's like to make other people eat shit?" That's all fine and dandy, but I'll be glad to say "Good riddance!" to Flash when I wake up tomorrow.

  8. #568

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Nice!

    Wretched Banquet plays great with Innocent Blood in creatureless pox!

    Just beat down with Idols and Factories, and maybe Totems while you kill all of their creatures. Solid plan against aggro control.

    Even better, it fits in better than Innocent Blood in Tombstalker pox.

  9. #569
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,533

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by b4r0n View Post
    Wretched Banquet
    Sorcery (Common)
    Destroy target creature with the least power or tied for least power.
    Quick question: What happens if the creature with the lowest power has Shroud?

    E.g. a Mongoose and a 4/5 Tarmogoyf are the only creatures in play - you can't target the Mongoose, but the Goyf isn't the creature with the least power. Can't you play this spell due to a lack of legal targets?

  10. #570

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Quick question: What happens if the creature with the lowest power has Shroud?

    E.g. a Mongoose and a 4/5 Tarmogoyf are the only creatures in play - you can't target the Mongoose, but the Goyf isn't the creature with the least power. Can't you play this spell due to a lack of legal targets?
    Nope, you can't.

    Seems worse than Edict or Innocent Blood, especially considering it's a sorcery.

  11. #571

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by b4r0n View Post
    I'd agree that red is going to be a bit better. However, if you build a deck to beat Faeries, chances are you're going to lose to Cruel Control. So the format remains a rock-paper-scissors metagame, albeit with Faeries slightly more manageable than before.

    EDIT: Spoiler is complete. Of note:

    Wretched Banquet
    Sorcery (Common)
    Destroy target creature with the least power or tied for least power.

    Is that playable?
    Handy potential solution to Tombstalker or Dreadnought, at any rate.

  12. #572

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Super dissapointed with this set, good thing wizards said this 5 color bullshit is done after this set. So the only possible good cards are these

    Celestial purge (sideboards
    Martial coup (mono white control
    Path to exile (its good, but how good?

    Controlled instincts (quick tempo boost, no upkeep cost, sideboards
    Esperzoa (good, but only with the right artifacts

    Nyxathid (some kind of raven's crime deck, or pox rack, possibly with tombstalkers

    Banefire (most likely wont get played in legacy
    Volcanic fallout (most likely only in standard and extended

    Noble hierarch (dont see this being played in legacy, birds dont even see that much play in legacy, and the decks birds are played in, need to tap for red and black

    Progenitus (maybe some natural order build with survival, oath builds in vintage

    Knight of the reliquary (probably the most playable card in the set legacy wise, GW terrageddon, maybe aggro loam, GW midrange, possibly some rock builds featuring white

    Ancient ziggurat (some kind of heavy creature deck

    I dont think i missed anything, and thats really sad, haha

  13. #573
    Member
    Jade's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2006
    Location

    Switzerland
    Posts

    65

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    I'm quite disappointed by this set too. I don't like it flavorwise, I don't like the very low powerlevel and I don't like these unplayable rares, which are only there to help some bad players to steal some games in limited. I'm just very unhappy about the fact that nearly every card in this set has to be valued by its playability in casual and limited, because they are utter crap in every possible constructed format.

    On the other hand limited seems okay for the most part and there are some casual goodies I get excited about new sets quite easy, but conflux just makes me /whine.
    More cheese = more holes ; More holes = less cheese ; More cheese = less cheese

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico Bohny feat. Ovid
    Two-Headed Giant is similar to sex - if your partner is bad you need a good hand...

  14. #574
    Look, it's a picture of Daze!
    georgjorge's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2007
    Location

    Vienna, Austria
    Posts

    560

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Banquet is playable. As Captain_Hammer mentioned, at least as good as Blood in semi-creatureless decks, but also if you run 'Stalkers, Nyxathids, or some of that stuff.

    As I said before, 12-13 cards out of 145 is not bad for Legacy.

    I also wouldn't give up on Rakka Mar yet (maybe not in Dragon Stompy though).
    georgjorge
    Geistreich sind schon die anderen.

  15. #575

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Lapse of Certainty - the white Memory Lapse for 2W - is something I'm still thinking about. I don't know if it's good enough to have an impact on the format or not, but I know a lot of White-based strategies (Quinn, D&T) should at least consider looking at it.

    If it had cost 1W like it should have, then I'd be a lot more certain of it eventually making an impact, but it is a semi-hard counter for white. Which is kinda new and important. Pushes Angel Stompy maybe? Not sure. Just get the feeling it's being underrated and forgotten about.

  16. #576
    Eremobates inyoanus
    Solpugid's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2006
    Location

    Corvallis, OR
    Posts

    200

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    There are quite a few cards in this set that, while not overwhelmingly powerful, can be built around to create fun and reasonably competetive decks (even if those decks aren't in Legacy). There are also a few cards that are playable in a small number of decks, but aren't going to make an impact outside of them. I'd much rather that than more goyf bullshit. Less complaining, please.

  17. #577

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Parasitic Strix- Aluren/Reveillark loop win card.
    Salvage Slasher
    Hellspark Elemental - Will, at minimum, see testing in Burn.

  18. #578

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Salvage Slasher
    What deck wants Slasher? One toughness and the lack of evasion make it unplayable even in Limited.

  19. #579
    Mega Shark VS. Giant Octopus!
    bowvamp's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2009
    Posts

    344

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Perhaps Affinity? If Affinity ever runs really good removal, slasher would work quite nicely... otherwise it'll just end up getting blocked and dying
    feefox: each card in hand!!!!
    ridicolous
    only fortune

  20. #580

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by bowvamp View Post
    Perhaps Affinity? If Affinity ever runs really good removal, slasher would work quite nicely... otherwise it'll just end up getting blocked and dying
    Probably not. Slasher is worse than Ravager and doesn't have the whole "I'm gonna randomly burn you out with Disciple" thing going for it. It also requires you to run a lot of removal, which slows the deck down into an aggro-control deck, a role that Threshold is almost certainly better at (at least, Thresh is less easily hate-able).

    As it is, I'm leery about increasing the number of colored cards in Affinity because the deck's mana is pretty bad (12 of your slots in a build have to be artifact lands, leaving you 4-5 lands to reflect the color composition of your deck).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)