Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 144

Thread: Bad behavior

  1. #41
    Plays green decks
    Jak's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2006
    Location

    Portland
    Posts

    2,184

    Re: Bad behavior

    Seems like you did the right thing. I mean, you were assaulted and you are still showing how amazing people can be by trying to return the deck to the dude. Props to you Magic Fanatic.

  2. #42

    Re: Bad behavior

    if some asshole threw his deck at me he'd have to fight me to get it back. Fuck trying to give it back!

  3. #43

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by true story View Post
    if some asshole threw his deck at me he'd have to fight me to get it back. Fuck trying to give it back!
    yup!


    Trying to trade into power!!!
    Hit me up if you have any unlimited power that isn't creased. Maybe we can make a deal.

  4. #44
    You meet the nicest people on a Honda
    Obfuscate Freely's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2003
    Location

    Fredericksburg, Va
    Posts

    1,411

    Re: Bad behavior

    Ectoplasm had it right. It really is internet toughguy in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9
    I can show up whenever I vomit off my hangover and get rid of the passed out females who's naked bodies will be sprawled out all over my condo. Oh wait, I'm engaged. FUCK.

    Well in that case I can be there at like 2 then, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheBestEver View Post
    I built my car with my bare hands. It has 32 engines and 17 gas pedals so I can go extra-turbo fast. I sold it for a million dollars and then stole it from the guy using my super computer that can hack into any car in the world as long as I built it. Now I speed down the highway listening to Bruce Springsteen at max volume and flipping off other drivers.

    What are regrets?

  5. #45

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate Freely View Post
    Ectoplasm had it right. It really is internet toughguy in here.
    And more so, MWS.

    Most underdeveloped players who just go on here or there for kicks really could care less about what places like The Source and such are trying to accomplish. It's unfortunate that a game which implies a certain level of intellect can breed so much angst and tough-talk. Half of the tough-talkers are mainly in their tweens and think their shit don't stink; which also inflames egos. Which in turn, can lead to decks with wings.

  6. #46
    Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Dan Turner's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2008
    Location

    Arkansas
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: Bad behavior

    Dude may have been a complete douche but how do we know that his dog didn't just die or his girlfriend left. I believe everyone is entitled to an off day here and there. That is why i would give his deck back.
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

  7. #47

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Fanatic View Post
    Dude may have been a complete douche but how do we know that his dog didn't just die or his girlfriend left. I believe everyone is entitled to an off day here and there. That is why i would give his deck back.
    Only thing you can do is leave your name/address at the store, and perhaps something on Craig's List and tell a few other people to spread the word. Other than that, after a month or two screw him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    Inciting memories of the old gamer's guild...

    Matt Cole losing to Gary playing Kobold Combo (after clamp), picking up his deck and throwing it across the room.... Next week, didn't even play Gary, threw the deck anyways.

    Certain unnamed individuals threatening minors with a knife because his buddies binder got stolen. Incidentally, the person being threatened didn't touch the binder or know what the fuck was going on, except the knife in his face.

    I was told I was going to get my tires slashed for beating anti-red white weenie (silver knights, sofi's, cop reds, exalted angel) with lackey-less vial goblins for a box of Betrayers one day.... That was good times.
    Ya, the problem though is whenever some people don't really care about consequences like my cousin when they are threatened. My cousin was like 16at the time and 6'ish. A guy threatened him after my cousin told him to be quiet, so my cousin just kicked him in the crotch with his steel toed boots and yelled, "Don't touch my purse!" The guy was in pain and puked, after that we didn't have much trouble out of the man.

  8. #48
    Goblin Piledriver
    Ectoplasm's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2008
    Location

    Netherlands
    Posts

    462

    Re: Bad behavior

    Good god I'd like to know in what kind of ghetto you people play magic :D
    Are there known cases of people pulling out weapons during tournaments?
    Hello friend.

  9. #49
    Everybody Row
    Fons's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2007
    Location

    Peck, MI
    Posts

    208

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Fanatic View Post
    Dude may have been a complete douche but how do we know that his dog didn't just die or his girlfriend left. I believe everyone is entitled to an off day here and there. That is why i would give his deck back.
    Your being nice and all but your wrong about this, even if his girlfriend died he had no reason to take his frustration out on you. Sounds to me like another player who shouldn't be playing the game, so think of it as doing him a favor if he can't play because he doesn't have a deck anymore he won't have such high stress levels. Your helping him live longer.

  10. #50
    Awesome Member
    sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2008
    Location

    Brookline, MA
    Posts

    631

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Ectoplasm View Post
    Good god I'd like to know in what kind of ghetto you people play magic :D
    Are there known cases of people pulling out weapons during tournaments?
    I can't say anything about weapons but I have seen grown men (maybe low 40s) blow up and throw cards at thirteen year olds. I remember one particular incident, where the kid was admittedly being pretty obnoxious, that ended with the guy chasing the kid around the table and out of the store.

  11. #51

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Ectoplasm View Post
    Good god I'd like to know in what kind of ghetto you people play magic :D
    Are there known cases of people pulling out weapons during tournaments?
    Not since Jap Foils wife took his knives! LOL!

  12. #52
    Hold on! I have a 12/12
    Van Phanel's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany
    Posts

    401

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Ectoplasm View Post
    Are there known cases of people pulling out weapons during tournaments?
    I'm considering it. I guess, just putting a huge knfe on the table will make your opponent play less focused.

    Of course it might backfire...

  13. #53

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate Freely View Post
    Ectoplasm had it right. It really is internet toughguy in here.
    No offense but I'm far from an internet tough guy I'm the same guy in person and anybody who knows me in real life and the source will tell you I don't just talk shit if I say it on here I'll tell you to your face. If a somebody throws a deck at me we're fighting. True story.

  14. #54
    Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Dan Turner's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2008
    Location

    Arkansas
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Phanel View Post
    I'm considering it. I guess, just putting a huge knfe on the table will make your opponent play less focused.

    Of course it might backfire...

    Just wear a holstered .357 i did once when I lived in MO and had a carry permit.

    people are hesitant to even come up to you to trade.
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

  15. #55
    Goblin Piledriver
    Ectoplasm's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2008
    Location

    Netherlands
    Posts

    462

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Fanatic View Post
    Just wear a holstered .357 i did once when I lived in MO and had a carry permit.

    people are hesitant to even come up to you to trade.
    Hahaha if this is true it's wonderful Dark Ritual babeh
    Hello friend.

  16. #56
    Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Dan Turner's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2008
    Location

    Arkansas
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Ectoplasm View Post
    Hahaha if this is true it's wonderful Dark Ritual babeh
    well the whole story was I was working as a guard at a factory and I didn't want to leave my gun in the car when I went to FNM. it was only that one time after that I brought my lockbox with me and just locked it in the trunk
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

  17. #57
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Nihil Credo's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E
    Posts

    4,702

    Re: Bad behavior

    I'm reminded of someone's signature, can't remember if it was here or on SCG:

    "Swamp, Dark Ritual, ..."
    "If you say 'Hypnotic Specter' I'm going to punch you in the face."
    "... mana burn for 3, go."
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

  18. #58
    Not Banned
    THEchubbymuffin's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Portland, OR
    Posts

    218

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    I'm reminded of someone's signature, can't remember if it was here or on SCG:

    "Swamp, Dark Ritual, ..."
    "If you say 'Hypnotic Specter' I'm going to punch you in the face."
    "... mana burn for 3, go."
    I've seen it here somewhere. Unfortunately M10 will change the quote. Fuck M10.

  19. #59

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by true story View Post
    No offense but I'm far from an internet tough guy I'm the same guy in person and anybody who knows me in real life and the source will tell you I don't just talk shit if I say it on here I'll tell you to your face. If a somebody throws a deck at me we're fighting. True story.
    yup!


    Trying to trade into power!!!
    Hit me up if you have any unlimited power that isn't creased. Maybe we can make a deal.

  20. #60

    Re: Bad behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Fanatic View Post
    Dude may have been a complete douche but how do we know that his dog didn't just die or his girlfriend left.
    Or even the opposite. Who knows ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)