Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74

Thread: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

  1. #41

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    Wait, he deleted the story? Lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

    My MOTL sale list

  2. #42
    Kicker of Elves
    Wereodile's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2008
    Location

    Kingston Ont. Canada
    Posts

    169

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Wait, he deleted the story? Lame.
    Double lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Dredge is like a woman's period: Once a week every month, its fury engulfs everything, and then it hides for the rest of the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
    Should rename this thread to [SCD] Misguided Rage.

  3. #43

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    deleting the story isn't helping his side...


    anyway, Nihil's TJC theory sounds partially correct in this case.

  4. #44

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    I read through this whole thread and feel really bad for missing the opening post.

    Could you please be so kind and re-post it so that the rest of us who came a little late to join in on the making fun of you can enjoy the amusement in it's pure golden roflmao-ness?

    That's what a real man (and his friends) would do anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Race War View Post
    <Carnage> fuck idiot learn education

  5. #45
    Legacy Inept

    Join Date

    Oct 2005
    Location

    France
    Posts

    1,956

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    I've read the OP. And from what I remember, it was not interesting. However, I would not take the defense of the dumb. I would not come to the conclusion that Majikal is a jerk neither. Just that he has overreacted by threatening the guy, and that even at home he overreacted by telling us this story.

  6. #46
    Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Phoenix Ignition's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2008
    Location

    Minneapolis MN
    Posts

    2,287

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    Honestly he did us a favor by deleting the opener. It was a wall of text like 4 drawn-out paragraphs long.

    Jist of it is he was annoyed by a normal bad-at-rules magic player and he flips out and then after the tournament or whatever it was he waits outside with his friends to, I quote "jumped him in the parking lot" and told him to never come back.

  7. #47
    GOB: The Gathering
    mujadaddy's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2007
    Posts

    960

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    Quote Originally Posted by mossivo1986 View Post
    Maj you really should refrain from beating off 24 year olds.
    Isn't language amazing?

  8. #48

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    and there was something about telling the dude not to spill his stupidity all over his cards or something like that after the counterbalance comment.

  9. #49
    Has anyone seen my pants?
    DownSyndromeKarl's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2009
    Location

    Towanda, PA
    Posts

    523

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    man, the hypocracy flows like wine in this thread. i'm durnk alreedy.

    haha, you know what'd make this thread more entertaining? If Majikal or whatever his name is, goes back and deletes all his posts, so in six months, someone new stumbles onto this thread and is like "wtf, every here is an asshole"...idk, I'm enjoying the "your mom/+1" comebacks in this thread, and i hope it continues.
    Skizzik No Kicker. Like a true retard.

    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenC View Post
    Honestly, I wonder if I just decided to play the format with the most whiney players or if every format is like this.

  10. #50

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Wait, he deleted the story? Lame.
    What a babby

  11. #51
    Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Parcher's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    DuPont Circle
    Posts

    1,520

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    I think tuff guys are sexy. Majikal can jump me in the parking lot anytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

  12. #52
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    haha, you know what'd make this thread more entertaining? If Majikal or whatever his name is, goes back and deletes all his posts, so in six months, someone new stumbles onto this thread and is like "wtf, every here is an asshole"
    That's pretty much already the reaction you lot get, isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    Jist of it is he was annoyed by a normal bad-at-rules magic player and he flips out and then after the tournament or whatever it was he waits outside with his friends to, I quote "jumped him in the parking lot" and told him to never come back.
    Wow, your reading skills need help. Even without the story in the first post you can easily piece together that we told him not to come back because he was trying to rip people off, Jack's fantastical make-believe scenario aside.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    I think tuff guys are sexy. Majikal can jump me in the parking lot anytime.
    I actually lol'd. Well played, sir.

  13. #53
    (' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    TheInfamousBearAssassin's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2004
    Location

    Northern Virginia
    Posts

    6,709

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    I'm always amused when someone's attempt to hold another up for public mockery backfires.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

  14. #54

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    Jist of it is he was annoyed by a normal bad-at-rules magic player
    Yeah, I'm not buying that. If the guy was just ignorant of card prices, you would expect him to propose trades that were to his detriment about as often as those to his advantage. Instead, every single trade he wanted to do was grossly in his favor.

    The idea that he was just innocently trying to trade his uncommons for Baneslayers stretches credibility beyond the breaking point, Jack's sudden big-hearted-ness notwithstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

    My MOTL sale list

  15. #55
    Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Phoenix Ignition's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2008
    Location

    Minneapolis MN
    Posts

    2,287

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Yeah, I'm not buying that. If the guy was just ignorant of card prices, you would expect him to propose trades that were to his detriment about as often as those to his advantage. Instead, every single trade he wanted to do was grossly in his favor.

    The idea that he was just innocently trying to trade his uncommons for Baneslayers stretches credibility beyond the breaking point, Jack's sudden big-hearted-ness notwithstanding.
    And I'm not buying that he knew what he was doing. If I remember correctly he was screwing himself in a deal by arguing that counterbalance was a terrible card, while wanting to trade it.

    About the baneslayer... no one anywhere is going to agree to a trade of #Uncommons for 1 Rare, and no little kid is going to believe that. If he was trying to rip people off he could easily come up with a better scam than that, and I'm assuming he's just retarded.

    Which believe it or not does not mean he needs to get jumped in the parking lot.

  16. #56
    (' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    TheInfamousBearAssassin's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2004
    Location

    Northern Virginia
    Posts

    6,709

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Yeah, I'm not buying that. If the guy was just ignorant of card prices, you would expect him to propose trades that were to his detriment about as often as those to his advantage. Instead, every single trade he wanted to do was grossly in his favor.
    Yeeeeeah. Maybe you're from happy care bear land where everyone trades for honor and communal spirit, but back in reality even new players are trading to make a profit. Valuing what you have more than what the other person has in a trade is a completely normal human reaction.

    Proposing trades that are in your favor isn't actually a crime. I can't believe I'm having to explain this shit to purportedly grown-ass adults.

    The idea that he was just innocently trying to trade his uncommons for Baneslayers stretches credibility beyond the breaking point, Jack's sudden big-hearted-ness notwithstanding.
    Ignoring your attempted ad hominems and the fact that proposing trades in your favor isn't actually in any way immoral, everything this player did and said indicated that he knew nothing about this game. That was, in fact, Majikal's complaint; that he was a noob. To simultaneously complain of his noobdom while insisting he knew what he was doing is to demonstrate a truly impressive level of double think.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

  17. #57
    Member
    TorpidNinja's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2004
    Location

    New Hampshire
    Posts

    363

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    So, is anyone commenting in this thread witness to the event or are we all going based off the story that majikal deleted?

  18. #58
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Ignoring your attempted ad hominems and the fact that proposing trades in your favor isn't actually in any way immoral, everything this player did and said indicated that he knew nothing about this game. That was, in fact, Majikal's complaint; that he was a noob. To simultaneously complain of his noobdom while insisting he knew what he was doing is to demonstrate a truly impressive level of double think.
    Just because he's a noob as far as the rules of the game go doesn't mean that he doesn't know the value of the cards or how to rip people off (or at least try).

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    And I'm not buying that he knew what he was doing. If I remember correctly he was screwing himself in a deal by arguing that counterbalance was a terrible card, while wanting to trade it.
    No, they were my Counterbalances. He commented on them whilst thumbing through my box of uncommons. The only way this screwed the deal was by exacerbating the general asshattery of his card-valuing system. Undervalue my cards + spout bullshit = I don't want to trade with you anymore.

  19. #59

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    Quote Originally Posted by TorpidNinja View Post
    So, is anyone commenting in this thread witness to the event or are we all going based off the story that majikal deleted?
    not really. I didn't read about baneslayers anywhere, it was about an akroma.

    of course, majikal says people will just come here and be able to piece together the story, but if he didn't delete the story, there wouldn't be a need for people to comment on incomplete information. if he was so sure that he did the right thing, he would've kept his story up. but I guess he's only a man when he can jump us on the parking lot with his friends and threaten to kick our asses.


    I agree with IBA, if this guy didn't know much about magic, he wouldn't know the real value of cards, for his benefit or not. I know when I was a noob I made some pretty good deals without realizing it.


    and you know, if he didn't know how counterbalance worked, instead of just telling him not to lek stupidity all over your cards or however you put it, you could've just asked him "why?" and then corrected him with actual rules knowledge. you could easily pwn him right there and actually increase his knowledge of the game rather than being an arrogant prick.

    btw, his 2 uncommons for a rare thing is ridiculous, but I know I had a similar concept. like some uncommons that I wanted for one rare I didn't care for. I eventually realized this wasn't a good system, but I stopped trading by then, so meh.

  20. #60
    Hella fuckin' balls to the wall awesome
    beastman's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2008
    Location

    Maryland
    Posts

    877

    Re: Beating Your Head Against A Wall IRL

    Jack Elgin, do you see what you did? You condemned this guy by flexing your e-peen and saying he was uncool, and now everyone is riding your banana.


    This was not an example of the OP being a dick. Half of you calling him an asshole didn't even read the first post, so you can fuck off. The rest of you are jumping on the motherfucking bandwagon, "everyone else says he's a dick, I guess thats what I think". If you had read the god damn post, it was obvious that the guy was a scumbag trying to scam everyone.


    Fuck I'm in a bad mood.....
    Team Unicorn: We're horny...get it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ewokslayer View Post
    You might want to go to a hospital. It appears you cracked your head open.

    You are leaking stupid all over the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    I masturbated on that picture of your cat.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)