Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

  1. #1
    Member
    Dxfiler's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2006
    Location

    www.dhgri.com
    Posts

    554

    8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    Hi :-)

    Not wanting to rest on my laurels, I'm immediately scheduling another Legacy tourney hot on the heels of my 4 Foil Goyf Tourney. More info on that here: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...d-Pawtucket-RI

    Here is August's Sunday Legacy:

    Note: Event Reg 11:00-11:50 /w Noon Start. Forgot to put the start time on another flyer :p


    There will also be a standard tourney for From the Vault the preceding day on Sat August 28th



    We'll see you hopefully for our FTV: tournaments the Last Week of August. Thanks =D
    Last edited by Dxfiler; 07-30-2010 at 04:59 AM.

  2. #2
    RawR Bitch
    rockout's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Norwich, CT
    Posts

    1,273

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    I have a FTV relics already preordered but I would not mind winning another. In.
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

  3. #3

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    Time Police are there. We might not make the next event =/ our decks got banned and matt's selling his for a car...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    On a more constructive note: Anything can be funny, even if it is about rape.
    TIME POLICE

  4. #4
    Member
    Dxfiler's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2006
    Location

    www.dhgri.com
    Posts

    554

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    Quote Originally Posted by honestabe View Post
    Time Police are there. We might not make the next event =/ our decks got banned and matt's selling his for a car...
    So... does that mean you're actually not there and just spamming my thread... again? :p

  5. #5
    Member
    technogeek5000's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2006
    Location

    Shelton, CT
    Posts

    855

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    Will be there with a +1.
    Call me Ishmael

  6. #6
    Member
    Dxfiler's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2006
    Location

    www.dhgri.com
    Posts

    554

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    Coming off my Foil Goyf tourney I'm looking forward to this event very much. I have alot of prizes lined up for it, including some extra From the Vault. Hoping for a big turnout, because I can give away more that way =D

    As this event approaches I'll have more updates, but I just wanted to post in here since it's been a while.

    Thanks!

    - Dave

  7. #7
    Refuses to play dual lands
    Joe_C's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Terryville, CT
    Posts

    452

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    I say yes at the moment. I should be able to make it. Set aside a prize for me Dave. Everyone pack gloom sb! Joes coming to town again!!!!
    TEAM AWESOME

    Well, at least we smell better

  8. #8

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    I'm in with two friends

  9. #9

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    If old ghastbark loans me the cards, im in
    Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    On a more constructive note: Anything can be funny, even if it is about rape.
    TIME POLICE

  10. #10
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2004
    Location

    connecticut
    Posts

    71

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    I will definitely try to be there, and I know Alex will likely be there as well.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

  11. #11
    Awesome Member
    sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2008
    Location

    Brookline, MA
    Posts

    631

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    It was looking like I might not be able to make it, but I'll be there for this. Looking forward to heading back to DHG.
    awesome

  12. #12
    RawR Bitch
    rockout's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Norwich, CT
    Posts

    1,273

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    Looks like we'll be out in force once again.
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

  13. #13
    Team Street Wraith
    Rod Of Ruin's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2009
    Location

    Elite Cow Tipping Rhode Island
    Posts

    21

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    I plan on going. Hopefully I'll be well rested & avoid retarded player errors.
    "A step in 1 direction is 2 steps away from another."

  14. #14
    Member
    Dxfiler's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2006
    Location

    www.dhgri.com
    Posts

    554

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    Flyer adjustment: I decided to give out top 8 prizes to this whether I get 30 players or not. Let's just say the 5th-8th prizes will be be from the vault themed ;)

    I also am changing the 9th-12th prizes so that they will be given out at 35 or more players. I will payout to top 16 at 40 or more players.

    This prize model has been adapted after my fnm's, which are free this month and have been tipping the scales at 40+ people so if you're in the area anytime this month on Fridays you should come! /end shameless plug :p

    Also I've decided to immediately book another Legacy in September to follow up on this tourney and it's a doozy. 4 Underground, 4 Volc, 4 Bayou and 4 badlands are the headliners for that one and more info on it can be seen here: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...d-%29&p=481301

    Special source promotion: Anyone who attends both Die Hard Games August and September Legacy tourneys will receive $5 store credit!

    Very excited to have these tournaments lined up as I'm always thankful for the support the legacy community has shown my store.

    Thanks as always for the support and hope to see you.

    - Dave
    Last edited by Dxfiler; 08-28-2010 at 02:04 PM.

  15. #15
    Member

    Join Date

    Dec 2008
    Location

    Cambridge, MA//Dartmouth, MA
    Posts

    24

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    Hey guys,

    I was wondering if anyone could possibly give me a ride to this event? I remember sunshine driving me to one of these last year and stacker driving me back (thanks guys!) from the Boston area. I became really busy afterwards and couldn't play very often, but I'd like to make this. Thanks!

  16. #16
    Member
    from Cairo's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    RI
    Posts

    1,093

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    I'm in a similar position to Concallesco. If anyone from the Boston area is headed down and with extra room and wants to split up gas costs, please shoot me a PM. Thanks.

  17. #17
    Member
    Dxfiler's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2006
    Location

    www.dhgri.com
    Posts

    554

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    This tournament is Sunday and I'm immensely looking forward to it. Alot of people telling me they will make it.

    i've yet to hear if last DHG Sunday Legacy's champion Eddie Dunning will make an appearance, but he's a man of few words.

    We'll see who shows. The prizes are very strong and FTV is in high demand (and short supply :p).

    I will have side tourneys for a box as 8 man pods. Only $10 entry single elim can do legacy or standard.

    Hope to see you there. Thanks for the interest as always.

    - Dave

  18. #18
    Member
    say no to scurvy's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2010
    Location

    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts

    139

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    Hey dave, this is the guy who got there a hour late last tourney cause of work, appreciate what you did to accommodate me. Same thing might happen tomorrow again cause of work, hope you can do the same thing again for me if I make it.

  19. #19
    Member
    Dxfiler's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2006
    Location

    www.dhgri.com
    Posts

    554

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    Quote Originally Posted by say no to scurvy View Post
    Hey dave, this is the guy who got there a hour late last tourney cause of work, appreciate what you did to accommodate me. Same thing might happen tomorrow again cause of work, hope you can do the same thing again for me if I make it.
    Hi again :)

    Same thing I said last time: I can't promise i'll be able to get you in if you're late, but I'll always do what I can within reason. I strongly encourage showing up on time or as close to it as possible, because that's the best way to avoid penalties, but chances are good if you show up you'll be able to get in.

    Thanks again for the interest.

    - Dave

  20. #20
    Member
    Dxfiler's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2006
    Location

    www.dhgri.com
    Posts

    554

    Re: 8/29 DHG Sunday Legacy! 4 Tundra/4 Tropical Island/From the Vault: Relics!

    Tourney went smoothly. 23 people. A little lower than I hoped for but everyone seemed to have a good time and I paid out to top 8.

    Finals was two DHG legacy regulars splitting in John Kubilis and Sam Wang.

    I'll have pics and top 8 decklists up soon. Haven't slept in a little while (2 and a half days :p) so time to do that.

    But thanks to all who showed and hopefully see you guys on 9/19 for this tourney:
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Free-Food-%29

    Don't forget $5 store credit to anyone who attended this tourney and also shows to that tourney ;)

    Thanks to all who come and hopefully to those who didn't see you September 19th.

    - Dave

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)