On stone...it's still needleable and cost 3 (cool) but it requires an "expensive" activation and protection (for fate counters)... maybe smokestack could be a good choice on this point...
The activation costs are steep, but the dire situations Lands encounters aren't usually of the do-or-die variety, but encountering certain permanents, you need to deal with (BtB, Moons, Walkers, Progenitus). You often have alot of time fatecountering your relevant permanents while your opponent is reluctant to commit anything more to the board.
Plus, Stone lets you win matches against Dragon Stompy, which is hilarious.
Seismic Assault might be hilarious vs Dragon Stompy, but requires them to have Moon and sucks in every other matchup, plus it cannot kill Blood Moon (although that should not matter, since it kills every guy they play and eventually them).
To add serious content: I would second the suggestion to sideboard Pithing Needles, which also help against Survival. I still haven't had the chance to test Oracle of Mul-Daya in my sideboard. Has anyone experience with this? Is it better than Crucible (since it is completely graveyard independent) or worse (since it cannot actually recur Wastelands or Chasm)?
I have tested Seismic Assault VS decks that play moons and i find that its not really worth the sb space. smoke stack riftstone portal and recurring engineered explosives at 3 is how id go about wining that MU. Pithing needles might be good VS survival , but I think for the most part those decks are very mana hungry and we are very good at mana denial. Also Crucible is WAYYY better then Oracle of Mul Daya it can be dredged away and then played the folowing turn with academy ruins also helps us not lose to extirpate..
L4W
I haven't been playing it very much recently; at an 18 man local event, there were about 5 decks running Extirpate, and 5 decks running duals. The local meta just isn't developed enough.
My decklist is posted a couple pages ago. I board into 3 Smokestack 3 Crucible for sheer power in G2/3; Smokestack is so incredible against blue decks.
Level 2 Judge
Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA
Just thinking out of the box ... Is it possible to incorporate Koth since his emblem is transforming mountains to pingers? Although you'd have to put in Taiga, Stomping Ground, Rootbound Crag. Hoping to hear your opinions on getting Koth in.
Koth man, what?
Shoot, I'd rather have Nicol Bolas. We ramp to 8 mana easily, sometimes we run red black and blue. He kills Jace, their basics AND he dodges counterbalance! Holy balls, dude.
I mean, cruel ultimatum...chchchyeaaaa. It's also scientifically proven that resolving Nicol Bolas during a competitive legacy event causes the caster's penis to grow a good two or three inches.
Rules to take into account when considering new cards for this deck:
a) Is it a land?
b) Is it an aritfact?
c) Do you want to run 3 or 4 copies of it?
If your answer is "no" to each of these questions, chances are you shouldn't play the card.
The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
1. Discuss the unbanning ofLand TaxEarthcraft.
2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
4. Stifle Standstill.
5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).
Yeah people need to get off the bandwagon on Koth, he isn't nearly good enough to be played in legacy seeing as the easiest way to abuse him is counterproductive because mountains can't get him out very fast without card disadvantage. That is why when I added painterstone to lands during my last tournament it worked out fine because it didn't change the overall core of the deck it just changed some of the weaker cards for ones that are more universal and can help improve certain matchups and help play around certain hate cards. I suppose if you want to abuse koth in lands you could play some version that uses blood moon to make all your lands mountains but that like I said is counterproductive because it shuts off your other cards. The only real deck that could abuse koth is something like dragon stompy but by dropping him that quickly you won't have a lot of mountains for any of his abilities thus making him underwhelming and strictly worse than some other 3-4 mana red card.
Could anybody give some sideboarding guidelines for oracle of mul daya? Does it really worth?
Siding Oracle should be about the same as sideboarding Crucible (as it probably takes those slots, anyway): if you want to dodge graveyard hate, especially Extirpate. So this should be a card that comes in almost always (at least I almost always side Crucible, but I also face Extirpate almost every round).
That being said, Oracle is way clunkier than Crucible and you are screwed, if they didn't board out their removal.
The maindeck is so tight but the sideboard is evern tighter so I'm currently trying Crucible of Worlds in the main replacing 1 Intuition and 1 Manabond freeing up 1 maindeck slot.
The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
1. Discuss the unbanning ofLand TaxEarthcraft.
2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
4. Stifle Standstill.
5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).
I do not start with MD Crucible because obviously no one has graveyard hate G1. I guess you can make the argument, that you should win your G1s anyway... and I guess that's kind of valid. Then I would follow Julian23's suggestion - which I might also try out, actually.
@Julian: What has replaced your Crucibles in the now freed sideboard slots?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)