Page 55 of 134 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2665

Thread: [Deck] 43 Lands

  1. #1081


    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Location

    São Paulo - Brazil
    Posts

    222

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbwire View Post
    That's the problem, Glacial Chasm can be blown up by a tutored wasteland from a KotR, and Ensnaring B can be taken out by a QPride Mage. Both of which are easy for the NO Bant deck to tutor for with GSZ or just have in hand due to the # in the deck. Every game I've played against it I've been unsuccessful in defending long term agaisnt a Progen on the field.
    NO Bant with Wasteland? Really?

  2. #1082
    Member
    fdiv_bug's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2009
    Location

    Durham, NC, USA
    Posts

    72

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    NO Bant with Wasteland? Really?
    I've seen them as one- or two-of's in lists running Knight of the Reliquary. Doesn't destabilize the manabase too terribly, and it can be tutored up as needed to solve problems.

  3. #1083


    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Location

    São Paulo - Brazil
    Posts

    222

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by fdiv_bug View Post
    I've seen them as one- or two-of's in lists running Knight of the Reliquary. Doesn't destabilize the manabase too terribly, and it can be tutored up as needed to solve problems.
    Fine, but you can always recur it later. You only lose when they had NO + 2 Wastes, no?

  4. #1084
    Member
    fdiv_bug's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2009
    Location

    Durham, NC, USA
    Posts

    72

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Fine, but you can always recur it later. You only lose when they had NO + 2 Wastes, no?
    Pretty much, yes. They Naturally Order into Progenitus, pass turn. I drop a Glacial Chasm, pass turn. They waste it, swing for 10. I recur it. They waste it again. I sob uncontrollably and flip a table while shouting about how no one understands me and then running out of the room. At least, I think that's how it went...

    Admittedly the frequency of this happening is skewed by my local meta, where damn near every single deck runs at least 2 Wasteland.

  5. #1085


    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Location

    São Paulo - Brazil
    Posts

    222

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by fdiv_bug View Post
    Pretty much, yes. They Naturally Order into Progenitus, pass turn. I drop a Glacial Chasm, pass turn. They waste it, swing for 10. I recur it. They waste it again. I sob uncontrollably and flip a table while shouting about how no one understands me and then running out of the room. At least, I think that's how it went...

    Admittedly the frequency of this happening is skewed by my local meta, where damn near every single deck runs at least 2 Wasteland.
    Fine, drop Zuran Orb and survive one more turn. (And hope no one plays the 3rd Waste)

  6. #1086
    Member

    Join Date

    Dec 2010
    Location

    Charlotte
    Posts

    8

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Fine, drop Zuran Orb and survive one more turn. (And hope no one plays the 3rd Waste)
    Every situation has answers....the fact I'm trying to get advice on is our consistantcy to land them versus NOBants consistantcy to destroy them. That might work.....but odds of having it when you need it are slim and they're pretty consistant to drop that pro everything SOB T3-T4 since we have no way of countering. I'm seeing a Dim tunnel for Lands :(
    Did you ask me if that spell could resolve?????

    -Team HRW-
    High Roll Wins

  7. #1087
    The green Ancestral
    ESG's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2010
    Location

    Seattle, WA
    Posts

    1,322

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbwire View Post
    After testing most all the options that have been presented in this thread, I can only wonder if Lands is a playable archetype anymore. I really want to continue playing this deck, at least one more time at SCG charlotte, but I can't find a build that can compete quick enough with the way the current meta is going. (
    Lands and its cousins can be built to beat pretty much any deck; however, the true challenge is finding the build that has the best shot at a given tournament. If you run a version with Burning Wish, that can provide more answers to Progenitus. Meekstone is decent, too, forcing them to be able to answer it and bridge. Pithing Needle on Qasali Pridemage or Wasteland buys you time. Or Cursed Totem, as fdiv_bug mentioned. If it's a situation where you've stopped Progenitus but are likely to see your opponent break down the door before you've set up Creeping Tar Pit, Worm Harvest might provide a faster kill. Extract could be a hot, proactive choice for that matchup. Any Circle of Protection will stop Progenitus (I favor Red, since that also shuts down Price of Progress.)

  8. #1088
    A king should never sit easy upon the Iron Throne
    TheKingslayer's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2008
    Location

    Columbia, Missouri
    Posts

    141

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    I run a a more Eternal Gardenesque build, but I'm taking notes off of this thread as well.

    ...Gaddock Teeg?

    Of course, he has to be dropped before Natural Order, but he also stops Tendrils...
    Rest in peace, Grandpa Morphling.

    Nemeses Slain:4

  9. #1089

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    there is a new good card in the new set!! http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attac...7&d=1303185738
    try it vs progenitus!! :D what do u think about it??

  10. #1090

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by kjeldoran View Post
    there is a new good card in the new set!! http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attac...7&d=1303185738
    try it vs progenitus!! :D what do u think about it??
    http://magiccards.info/sh/en/127.html

  11. #1091
    Dying to my own cards

    Join Date

    Apr 2011
    Location

    Ft Bragg
    Posts

    84

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingslayer View Post
    I run a a more Eternal Gardenesque build, but I'm taking notes off of this thread as well.

    ...Gaddock Teeg?

    Of course, he has to be dropped before Natural Order, but he also stops Tendrils...
    I'm not familiar with Eternal Garden but I do have some thoughts on Teeg. He is good against Tendrils builds, not so much against High Tide. The problem is that he shuts off EE recursion which is game breaking against just about every deck that isn't Tendrils. I think I'd usually rather recur EE or play Smokestack than stop most things at 4. SB space is already tight and unless you have some way to get him out of your yard, which is likely going to be too late anyway, he'll probably get dredged and be of no use anyway.

  12. #1092

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Davetradint View Post
    I think you should not be so dismissive. Unlike Ensnaring Bridge, which Bant can remove using Krosan Grip or Qasali Pridemage, Phyrexian Metamorph is removal because of the legend rule, and it's just as tutorable and recurrable in this deck.

    On an unrelated note, we should think more carefully about New Phyrexia cards. For one, I think Surgical Extraction is better than Extirpate in the board, especially in the Enlightened Tutor version of this deck, where mana is not plentiful and we're stretched over four colors post board. Extirpate is generally not used against decks which have access to countermagic. It shines against Storm and decks that run Wasteland, and for these decks, the assurance that one can always cast Surgical Extraction no matter what may be worth two life.

    I think that, despite the hype, this deck wants no part of Mental Misstep.

  13. #1093

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Can lands be played without Tabernacle? I might sound a little bit cheap but i feel that they are not worth their massive pricetag.....


    Also i would like to know how competative lands are in the current metagame and how hard is the deck really to play?

  14. #1094

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by krogen View Post

    Also i would like to know how competative lands are in the current metagame and how hard is the deck really to play?
    f*cking mental misstep will down this deck....

  15. #1095
    Member
    Wanderlust's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    Boulder, CO
    Posts

    259

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    f*cking mental misstep will down this deck....
    Yeah I'm also worried about Mental Misstep. For the deck to continue to be viable, it has to be able to function knowing it will be significantly less common to resolve Exploration/Manabond. How do we adapt?

  16. #1096

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Yeah I'm also worried about Mental Misstep. For the deck to continue to be viable, it has to be able to function knowing it will be significantly less common to resolve Exploration/Manabond. How do we adapt?
    Wait for other people to create a meta and then try to adapt to it?
    Level 2 Judge
    Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA

  17. #1097
    Member
    rocketrae21's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2008
    Location

    Wilkes Barre
    Posts

    472
    Check out my Articles

  18. #1098
    A king should never sit easy upon the Iron Throne
    TheKingslayer's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2008
    Location

    Columbia, Missouri
    Posts

    141

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    It's so strange to witness the convergent evolution that has occurred between this deck and eternal garden builds. Has anyone ever attempted a more "stompyesque" build of the lands variants? (This is in reference to chalice of the void and trinisphere.) It seems it would serve as a means to set the pace of the game on our clock, all the while punishing low mana curves while rendering MM nearly useless. Of course, we would be forced to sacrifice some of the most powerful pieces in our board- crop rotation, enlightened tutor, exploration, manabond. I believe a build of this sort would function well to reduce anxieties in a meta full of MM. Intuition fits the curve well, and crop rotation could be replaced with knight of the reliquary. While not very synergistic with tabernacle, Azusa, lost but seeking lies outside of the 1mc range. I also understand that exploration serves a powerful role in leading tempo via land placement...


    Is anyone tempted to pick this up and run with it?
    Rest in peace, Grandpa Morphling.

    Nemeses Slain:4

  19. #1099
    The green Ancestral
    ESG's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2010
    Location

    Seattle, WA
    Posts

    1,322

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingslayer View Post
    It's so strange to witness the convergent evolution that has occurred between this deck and eternal garden builds. Has anyone ever attempted a more "stompyesque" build of the lands variants? (This is in reference to chalice of the void and trinisphere.) It seems it would serve as a means to set the pace of the game on our clock, all the while punishing low mana curves while rendering MM nearly useless. Of course, we would be forced to sacrifice some of the most powerful pieces in our board- crop rotation, enlightened tutor, exploration, manabond.
    I have tried that in the past, yes. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have tons of storm combo in your meta. If Mental Misstep ends up slowing the format down, Knight of the Reliquary might find a home in this deck or a cousin of it. I really have to say, though, that just because Mental Misstep will soon exist does not mean that we need to ditch all our 1cc spells. Also, if you have to choose between Chalice and Exploration, it's Exploration every time.

  20. #1100
    A king should never sit easy upon the Iron Throne
    TheKingslayer's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2008
    Location

    Columbia, Missouri
    Posts

    141

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    I tried it and it was awful.

    I just suggest trying to power through MM and use tutors to advantage. Can lands get no love?
    Rest in peace, Grandpa Morphling.

    Nemeses Slain:4

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)