I also concur with Factory being awesome against Merfolk (if you can manage not to play Islands). I also like Intuition quite abit, because finding Tabernacle (and Loam) is so important. I have gone back to the old 4 Intuition, 3-4 Factory, no white list.
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...291#post553291
Here's my report for 9th place at the SCG Louisville Open with 43lands.
Thanks for the report. I'm really surprised Dark Confidant was not helpful to you! In my experience, it's always been a pretty excellent response to the grave hate that inevitably gets sided in game 2/3.
I still like Enlightened Tutor, and am surprised people like Intuition against Merfolk; trying to resolve 2, 3-mana spells without dying seems miserable right now, especially when one may need to use Academy Ruins post-Intuition.
My goal for this weekend is to win game 1 by milling someone. (At GP Providence)
Level 2 Judge
Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA
Mchainmail ends up taking down a grinder last night, I think he'll be hard pressed not to make day 2.
Update: 6-0 with 3 byes, beating UR burn, Storm combo, and Bant
Last edited by Tammit67; 05-28-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Matt Bevenour in real life
He's on to day 2. 7-2 record losing to junk and that scoop
Matt Bevenour in real life
Originally Posted by AngryPheldagrif
He owns 2 tabernacle, so I don't think it was a money issue. Are you really not running Tabernacle, Mike?
Matt Bevenour in real life
Congrats Mike! good luck today as well.
@mchainmail: Mana Maze? For what?
He top 32'd, taking away $400.
Mana maze was there originally to deal with High tide combo, he was probably too lazy to replace it.
Matt Bevenour in real life
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)