Page 290 of 957 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390790 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 19128

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

  1. #5781

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    This is my contribution to this thread. Also my first post as I've been lurking here for quite som time.


    P1000577.jpg

  2. #5782

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Yeah nice lands deck. I like the foil maze's personally and the price tag proves it (only 120 a pop). Not to mention the art is a lot better IMO.

    Yeah with lands you just prey on aggro and especially control. Combo is a lost cause with that deck lol unless you dedicate a ton of your SB to the MU then it's winnable.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

  3. #5783

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Oh, I hate the deck. It's a total beast against anything Aggro, but you lose to combo. Playing against it is almost as bad as playing against Stax, except worse, since you can counter so little.

    -Matt
    Since when do you counter anything?

    I had my deck basically that pimp, and then sold most of it, because the deck is unplayable with the amount of Misstep in the format. (And Meddling Mage, to be fair)
    Level 2 Judge
    Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA

  4. #5784

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    I am planning to acquire some nice Underground Seas (x2), but am naive on matters of early Magic cards as far as Pimp is concerned.

    Relative to this point what, if any, are the reasons to prefer Beta over Alpha? I fairly sure that Alpha is rarer in terms of print run, but I almost alway see people trying to track down Beta versions of cards. Is this simply due to scarcity or is there another reason for this trend?

    Thank you!

  5. #5785

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Beta cut is usually preferred over an Alpha cut because Alpha corners are too rounded and don't blend with the rest of the cards in the deck.

  6. #5786
    Salt of the earth

    Join Date

    May 2009
    Location

    Canada
    Posts

    4,685

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Also, you usually just refer to Alpha/Beta versions of cards as "Beta," as there's more of them/they're cut like normal. Many people don't care or prefer Alpha or Beta or Beta over Alpha, some hate Alpha, and some hate Beta.

    I personally prefer Beta, but I don't hate Alpha. If I can pick it up for the right price, A/B is fine.

    @ Mchainmail

    Against 43 Lands, you have less card that you can counter (assuming you're the opponent, and you're playing Blue) as opposed to playing Stax. Stax gets blown out by the all-in turn 1 Trinishpere which get's FOW'd, then you Wasteland their Tomb. :P

    -Matt

  7. #5787

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by comeback View Post
    Dears, it seems Mark Tedin was in Sicily a couple of days ago and I suppose that he passed a lot of time with some of the PIMP guys that live there, I kwno this is just a Legacy Pimp thread but I want to share with you the best Tedin alteration ever seen...



    I can just be gelous...
    offer 400$ on that necro...

  8. #5788
    Site Contributor
    Esper3k's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2008
    Location

    Houston, TX
    Posts

    2,057

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by Fossil4182 View Post
    I am planning to acquire some nice Underground Seas (x2), but am naive on matters of early Magic cards as far as Pimp is concerned.

    Relative to this point what, if any, are the reasons to prefer Beta over Alpha? I fairly sure that Alpha is rarer in terms of print run, but I almost alway see people trying to track down Beta versions of cards. Is this simply due to scarcity or is there another reason for this trend?

    Thank you!
    Yeah, as others have said, Beta is when the shape of the card first became the current shape.

    Alpha cards had more rounded corners than Betas and thus could conceivably be considered marked cards. Really though, as long as you're playing in sleeves (and if you're not with Alpha/Beta...), you're ok, but that's why Betas are more coveted than Alphas (although again, there's not a huge price difference if at all on most cards).

  9. #5789

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    In Vintage, when it comes to Power 9 cards, it doesn't really matter if they're mixed Alpha/Beta, no one really cares as long as they're black bordered it's pimp.

    For dual lands/legacy staples though I would always prefer a Beta over an Alpha.

  10. #5790

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
    Great style but it would be perfect with a bb Volcanic, non foil Goyfs and the 4th German Sword

    Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    In Vintage, when it comes to Power 9 cards, it doesn't really matter if they're mixed Alpha/Beta, no one really cares as long as they're black bordered it's pimp.
    I do. Especially mixed sets of Moxen suck.

    Anyway there is only around 1/3 of Alpha compared to Beta so I would always stick to them as long the pricing is the same.

  11. #5791

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    So you find mixing Alpha/Beta moxen not OK, but mixing Alpha with mostly non-Alpha in legacy as OK?

  12. #5792

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    So you find mixing Alpha/Beta moxen not OK, but mixing Alpha with mostly non-Alpha legacy as OK?
    I never said that ... but yeah. Problem ?

  13. #5793

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    There was a negative stigma towards Alpha cards originally because they were not legal for tournament play because of the rounded corners. Even after they changed the rule allowing you to play them in sleeves that negative stigma lingered and Alpha cards were generally worth less than Beta. That has slowly changed and now Alpha is generally worth more than Beta due to the lower print run.

    There is an argument to make perhaps that since Alpha was banned for tournament play during a time when people didn't play with sleeves that Alpha cards are in better condition as a whole and thus mint Beta could be more rare, or just as rare as mint Alpha. I have no way to substantiate that claim but I'd be interested in hearing from collectors if they have noticed that anecdotally.

    I just picked up a Beta Lotus last week. Would have preferred alpha but BB lotuses are getting more and more difficult to find and I was happy with the price and condition of the one I got and went for it.

    Dan Bock is hording power cards and trying to corner the market from what I hear. He only posts the shittiest ones on ebay and asks insane prices for them. It's actually starting to affect the price of BB power. Has anyone else noticed this? Check out his auctions....

    Personally I prefer Alpha and kind of like the rounded corners, but both are pimp and there is no problem with mixing A/B in the same deck. My Type 1 deck has both and unless you look at the card closely you don't even notice different corners.

  14. #5794
    Signed cards collector

    Join Date

    Feb 2011
    Location

    Switzerland - Mountains, Chocolate and cheese not Volvo...
    Posts

    274

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Ass. View Post
    Dan Bock is hording power cards and trying to corner the market from what I hear. He only posts the shittiest ones on ebay and asks insane prices for them. It's actually starting to affect the price of BB power. Has anyone else noticed this? Check out his auctions....
    Never liked the guy. Hoarding power is stupid
    Signed card collector

    Current signed cards count (18.04.15):
    Diff. signed cards: 16'088
    Artist alters: 753
    Beta Project: 1866/2853
    Grand Total signed cards: 39'584

    Highlights (18.04.15):
    Alpha/Beta/UNL/RV/AN/AQ/LG/DK/FE/HL/IA/AL/ST/LO/MO: 100% signed
    All my signed sets on one page
    Some of my incomplete signed sets on one page
    Me@WOTC

  15. #5795
    Site Contributor
    Esper3k's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2008
    Location

    Houston, TX
    Posts

    2,057

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Yeah, I will never buy from that guy's eBay store even if he's got the lowest price (this pretty much never happens though).

    The most frustrating thing for me is all of his auctions allow you to make an offer... but he'll never come down more than a couple cents on any particular auction. Annoying. I've had him send me snarky messages back saying "I know how much stuff is worth" and such when I've put in an offer maybe a dollar lower than the lowest BIN listed.

  16. #5796
    Don't Tell Stacy
    RaNDoMxGeSTuReS's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Sioux City, IA
    Posts

    720

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    @Dan Bock:

    Yeah, the guy sucks. I ordered 3 Vendilion Cliques from him at $9.99 a piece weeks before the price jumped. He never responded to my messages even though the package was marked as shipped and had a tracking number. Ebay ended up refunding my money. He has a huge trail of negative feedback sharing the same story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

  17. #5797

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    I find it interesting that SCG will sell Beta Seas in MP condition that are in as good or possibly a little worse condition than the cards on eBay, but is only asking $900. SP are only $1,000. ABU and Dan Bock are asking at least $200 to $300 more on some of these cards in relatively the same condition.

    I'm not trying to rep out for SCG by any means, but I do find the market difference really interesting.

    (part of the discovery process when researching this stuff)

    In a somewhat related topic, the aforementioned discussion has shifted toward retail prices. What would you all perceive the street value of a Beta Sea to be worth?

  18. #5798
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2004
    Location

    Clifton Park, NY
    Posts

    2,690

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    All due respect though, it's Dan Bock. The man drives a black Lotus and has so much of that stuff it's not even funny. In all my interactions with him his stuff might be a bit on the higher end but it's all as described and the shipping/turn around times are very prompt. Get what you pay for, I suppose.
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

    You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

  19. #5799
    Signed cards collector

    Join Date

    Feb 2011
    Location

    Switzerland - Mountains, Chocolate and cheese not Volvo...
    Posts

    274

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Here are some of my favorites:

    Signed Book Jace


    Double signed Serra Elemental (altered by Amy)


    My signed Maze playset with a maze above the cards:
    Signed card collector

    Current signed cards count (18.04.15):
    Diff. signed cards: 16'088
    Artist alters: 753
    Beta Project: 1866/2853
    Grand Total signed cards: 39'584

    Highlights (18.04.15):
    Alpha/Beta/UNL/RV/AN/AQ/LG/DK/FE/HL/IA/AL/ST/LO/MO: 100% signed
    All my signed sets on one page
    Some of my incomplete signed sets on one page
    Me@WOTC

  20. #5800
    Just call me Dick.
    Richard Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2011
    Location

    Your mom's house.
    Posts

    2,105

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    All due respect though, it's Dan Bock. The man drives a black Lotus and has so much of that stuff it's not even funny. In all my interactions with him his stuff might be a bit on the higher end but it's all as described and the shipping/turn around times are very prompt. Get what you pay for, I suppose.
    Do you think he bought a black Lotus just so he can say he drives a Black Lotus?
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

    "Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)