No
Yes
If LED is such a overpowered card, why wouldn't a deck of 60 LED be the best deck ever?
Just a tip: Drago will continue to make these non-nonsensical "arguments" where he proposes ridiculous straw man questions trying to trick you into some stupid answer until you give up and ignore him, at which time he will claim victory. You can save yourself a lot of hassle by ignoring him now.
for fuck's sake, give up on talking sense into the radicals in this argument. I know it's equally worthless for me to make this post but c'mon. Drago has been in here for over a month doing this. It's a waste of time, some people irrationally hate blue and interaction, some people only are willing to play magic if they can play specific cards.
We'll know in 26 hours.
For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
And found I was for endurance made
I keep saying this, but this is wizards fault. If more cards like Gatekeeper of Malakir or Phyrexian Obliterator were printed, meaning, cards of a single color that have good abilities and exhaustive cost were printed, then we'd have more reason. But no, they print cards in multicolor that are better than their monocolor brethren, like Qasali Pridemage vs. Viridian Zealot, when pridemage is actually easier to cast and is miles better.
I doubt Jace would be as much played if he costed... But in decks that could cast him, he wouldn't be less strong. Then we'd have a reason to at least play a deck with less colors.
If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.
Zerk Thread -- Really, fun deck! ^^
For the longest time we had Goblins that could go mono-red and Merfolk, but the former is not viable at all in the meta and the latter is slowly becoming less viable, what with Blade Control decks having good ways to fighting Merfolk and Maverick being able to easily crush fish. It is slowly getting to the point where trying to make a mono-colored deck in Legacy puts you at an disadvantage over multi-colored decks. Not by a small amount either: you are put at a seriously huge disadvantage by going one color.
There truly is no reason to go mono-colored at this point. Merfolk is the last bastion of worthwhile mono-colored decks.
A top 8? Yes.
I'm not being not-serious. There are other reasons to go monocolored, too; Moon effects, BTB, and of course Wasteland and Stifle. Tribal decks often have no particular reason to go outside of their primary color and it is in fact a (albeit small) sacrifice of consistency to do so.
I mean even Merfolk I think would be more viable at this point going white, but there are, in fact, some reasons still to go monocolor. Certainly most decks should not be, however.
For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
And found I was for endurance made
Good monocolor decks:
Elf combo
Imperial Painter
Merfolk
Stax
Burn/Sligh
Pox
Death and Taxes
MUC
Goblins
High Tide/Spiral Tide
What strawman did I use? I asked if Scrying Sheets was even seen in a top 8/16 in the last couple years. When someone suggest X card is a reason to go mono-colored, it should also be a card that is actually a viable reason to go mono-colored.
Had he said wasteland in merfolk it would have been a better counterpoint, but why should Merfolk be the only viable mono-colored deck? Yeah, you'll see some burn and spiral tide, but when 90% of the most played decks are two or more colors, that should prove the point that mono-colored strategies are not as viable as multi-colored decks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efficie...ket_hypothesis
Someday, maybe someone will be able to explain to you that what is played is not materially equivalent to what is good.
For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
And found I was for endurance made
Are you honestly suggesting that Scrying Sheets is a good card in legacy?
In a monocolored non-blue control deck it could be pretty good with Sensei's Divining Top (and/or Scroll Rack). Wether such a deck is good is a different discussion![]()
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.
I think that if I was playing a monocolored non-blue control deck I would rather be playing Karakas and Mangara of Corondor.
Since when is Death and Taxes a control deck?Aggro/Control I can live with, but the deck requires some sort of fast pace where Scrying Sheets are too slow to generate card advantage.
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)