I played against a 3 color infect deck recently that tore me down like mike tyson vs. glass joe with inkmoth nexus + invigorate. Wasteland would have been a game changer in that match. Has anyone thought about running condescend in the sideboard instead of spell pierce/flusterstorm?
"It is not to be thought that the life of darkness is sunk in misery and lost as if in sorrowing. There is no sorrowing. For sorrow is a thing swallowed up in death. And death and dying are the very life of the darkness."
Wait for them to pump their creature and in response burn it off the table. Or, Counter their invigorate. No offense intended, but if they just played better than you, it could cause you to lose, but also saying "I lost to this, halp!" without giving the list you lost with is hard to help.
Belcher
Delver
Dredge
When your heart won't beat, your eyes go black
There's a light in the tunnel and you can't turn back
Your friends can't save you, your family's gone
You're waiting on your judgment at the foot of the throne
Will you beg for some mercy? Will you cop some pleas?
Will you stand on your own or get down on your knees?
Will your angels release you from where demons dwell?
Will you make it into Heaven or go right back to Hell?
Only time will tell
There are some Turbo-Infect decks that will rip your face off on turn 2 for the win.
Turn one Glistener Elf
Turn 2, +4 pump from things like Giant Growth, Mutagenic growth, etc and then a Berzerk to double it when it hits you.
If you don't have a spell ready, or if your only on T1 and used your mana for a Delver or a Goblin Guide then you just lost game 1.
You should be a little better prepared for game 2-3 though and things like Wasteland to use on an Inkmoth Nexus or any other man-land for that matter are not a bad idea. Oh and one more reason that I actually do run 3x Wasteland (md).
PS here is the type of Turbo-Infect deck that I am talking about.
Deck List
12 Creatures
4 x Ichorclaw Myr
4 x Blighted Agent
4 x Glistener Elf
30 Spells/etc
4 x Invigorate
4 x Might of Old Krosa
4 x Lotus Petal
4 x Brainstorm
4 x Force of Will
4 x Berserk
3 x Daze
3 x Unstable Mutation
18 Land
2 x Flooded Strand
1 x Forest
4 x Inkmoth Nexus
1 x Island
4 x Misty Rainforest
4 x Tropical Island
2 x Verdant Catacombs
Sideboard
3 x Pithing Needle
3 x Tormod's Crypt
3 x Autumn's Veil
3 x Seeds of Innocence
3 x Apostle's Blessing
It is a rogue deck; but it can steal wins from people and every now and then it does rear it's ugly head. I don't think it will win any events as it gets hammered on pretty good in some match-ups. But you actually should be able to play around it if you look it over and think about what is actually inportant for him to use and not lose.
I hope that helps.
I lost 1-2 on a round of a tournament i played with U/R delver last week to this type of deck too....
first game I won so quickly I diin't even know what he was playing...
second game exactly the opposite, he wins like turn 2...
game 3 i mull and see NOTHING, die horribly poisoned :(
I have taken stock Burn and splashed Blue for Delver/Brainstorm. It's tough to get feedback on the Burn thread, as many are opposed to a splash and on this thread, as many are opposed to too much burn. I appreciate any feedback you may have on my version.
//Creatures
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Goblin Guide
4 Grim Lavamancer
//Burn
4 Chain Lightning
4 Fireblast
4 Lava Spike
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Rift Bolt
4 Price of Progress
//Splash
4 Brainstorm
1 Daze (Up in the air over this 60th slot... Snapcaster, Flame Rift, Wasteland even Phantasmal Bear)
//Mana (19)
12 Sac Lands
3 Mountain
4 Volcanic Island
//Sideboard
5 Pyroblast/REB
3 Searing Blaze
3 Smash to Smithereens
1 Spell Pierce
3 Submerge
Faerie Macabre
Mountain
Wasteland
I'm looking for a solid strategy against Ugr Thres. I like Submerge w/ REB backup in response to a fetch. Stifle/Wasteland is tough, thinking about an extra Mountain or even Wasteland retaliation.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Echoing Truth is a must in the board imo. It's only a matter of time before we start seeing Leyline of Sanctity or other type effects to stop all the burn that has become more popular.
Leyline stops Burn, Storm, Belcher, some sac removal, targeted discard. I'm sure there are more that I am missing.
Adding the bounce to the board helps make sure that we don't just auto scoop to these cards.
EDIT: I would also like to see a basic island in there as well.
I didn't make that post crying about how the big bad infect deck beat me up, halp.
how do i anecdotal?
"It is not to be thought that the life of darkness is sunk in misery and lost as if in sorrowing. There is no sorrowing. For sorrow is a thing swallowed up in death. And death and dying are the very life of the darkness."
"It is not to be thought that the life of darkness is sunk in misery and lost as if in sorrowing. There is no sorrowing. For sorrow is a thing swallowed up in death. And death and dying are the very life of the darkness."
I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel
"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."
@richard
sup blood meridian sig bro
"It is not to be thought that the life of darkness is sunk in misery and lost as if in sorrowing. There is no sorrowing. For sorrow is a thing swallowed up in death. And death and dying are the very life of the darkness."
I play a similar deck and have the same problem. how do you deal with ugr thresh? mongrel is a serious problem for this deck.
I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel
"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."
All i gots to do is discard 2 f00l.
Put Sudden Shock in your sideboard, foo.
Hey everyone. Recently built this deck and I wanted everyone to know that I just made Top 8 of a 54 person Legacy tournament with UR Delver. My exact list and a tournament report should be up later tonight, but it may take a little longer than I plan. Ill just post my list and a quick review of my matches.
Creatures
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Goblin Guide
3 Grim Lavamancer
3 Snapcaster Mage
Spells
4 Brainstorm
4 Chain Lightning
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Force of Will
3 Ponder
3 Price of Progress
3 Spell Snare
2 Daze
2 Fireblast
Lands
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Volcanic Island
3 Arid Mesa
3 Misty Rainforest
2 Island
2 Mountain
Sideboard:
3 Pyroblast
3 Submerge
3 Sulfuric Vortex
3 Surgical Extraction
2 Smash to Smithereens
1 Force of Will
Round 1 vs Mono U Forgemaster - 2-0
Round 2 vs Stoneforge Affinity - 2-0
Round 3 vs Team America - 2-0
Round 4 vs UWg Stoneblade - 1-2
Round 5 vs Bant Aggro - 2-0
Round 6 vs Reanimator - 2-1
I was in first at the end of swiss.
Top 8 vs Merfolk with Stifle and Standstill - 1-2
Biggest thing was that I never had a Delver flip against Merfolk. I would've won G3 for about 3 turns if Delver ever flipped.
Changes:
-1 Volcanic Island
+1 Island
Thats all I would change. The deck played very well and I misplayed against the Stoneblade list and probably should've won the game, but I cant do math so whatever.
nice job, dude.
"It is not to be thought that the life of darkness is sunk in misery and lost as if in sorrowing. There is no sorrowing. For sorrow is a thing swallowed up in death. And death and dying are the very life of the darkness."
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)