Page 155 of 343 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

  1. #3081
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,133

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    In an odd twist of fate, Land Tax is now cheaper than it was pre-unban, for the BB versions.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

  2. #3082
    A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    TheAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2006
    Location

    Carbondale, IL
    Posts

    564

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Not all that surprising, really, since the card is woefully outclassed by...well, almost everything viable in the format.

    Going back to Judge foil Mazes, I don't get it. I mean, I am a foil guy, but I vastly prefer original Mazes, because they don't look like dogshit. I am fine with the post-8th card frame, but the Maze art just looks...meh. I love the original art. It boggles my mind that Maze is as much as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

  3. #3083
    Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    ivanpei's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts

    1,202

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Overmaster is gonna catch on. Some smart ass busted it out in Sneak show this morning. Makes me wonder why no one is already playing the card. Even in that new show and tell deck, it's being played. He should have a some copies md though.

    It's better than misdirection because it's not card disadvantage. Also you have to counter it because if you don't you might lose to show and tell. Even if you just bluff, unlike chant, it cycles! It's also fantastic against aggro compared to misd because it cycles. I see it as a 3 off md replacing misdirection.

  4. #3084
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,133

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    WOo nothing like a run on $0.50 cards. This is going to be the most exciting penny millionaire run I've ever seen.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

  5. #3085
    Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    ivanpei's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts

    1,202

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Nothing wrong with giving you guys a headsup. It's a really playable card that's currently at 50 cents. Saving a few dollars isn't something to scoff at. If it busts out and becomes really expensive, it's better to get it earlier. I've been testing it replacing misdirection and I like what I see so far.

  6. #3086
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,133

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanpei View Post
    Nothing wrong with giving you guys a headsup. It's a really playable card that's currently at 50 cents. Saving a few dollars isn't something to scoff at. If it busts out and becomes really expensive, it's better to get it earlier. I've been testing it replacing misdirection and I like what I see so far.
    Sadly, the shipping on a playset(s) is still more than the cost of the cards. Even on the run on this card back in 2006, it maxxed out at $1. I don't think this is going anywhere but flat.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

  7. #3087
    Member
    Offler's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2009
    Location

    Bratislava, Slovak republic
    Posts

    674

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    That reminds me someone who was selling Show and tell 4 years ago? I wanted single copy for my collection. He replied that its not worth sending due higher shipping costs...

    Then I got one from some blue thrash cards in a manner "take it its useless". 50 cents at that time. Eldrazi came - 12 dollars. Omniscience came - 50...

    I dont believe I will be penny milionaire, but this and few cards in my collection earned me my monthly salary...

  8. #3088
    The green Ancestral
    ESG's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2010
    Location

    Seattle, WA
    Posts

    1,322

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanpei View Post
    Overmaster is gonna catch on. Some smart ass busted it out in Sneak show this morning. Makes me wonder why no one is already playing the card.
    I played this card once upon a time. It sees almost no play because red blasts are almost always better. Overmaster's power has inched up slightly now that that Show and Tell continues to grow more powerful due to the more "ZOMG I win!" cards that WOTC continues to print. It's debatable whether Overmaster or a blast would be better in the same slot.

  9. #3089
    Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    ivanpei's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts

    1,202

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    I played this card once upon a time. It sees almost no play because red blasts are almost always better. Overmaster's power has inched up slightly now that that Show and Tell continues to grow more powerful due to the more "ZOMG I win!" cards that WOTC continues to print. It's debatable whether Overmaster or a blast would be better in the same slot.
    You can't main REB. Anyway discussion is going on the Sneak Attack forum. We'll see how it pans out on future SCG opens.

  10. #3090

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    What do guys think of "from the vault" and "duel decks"?


    Do they destroy card prices, esp the "from the vault" series?

    I mean this new one that comes out from the vault realms

    Most of the cards in the set will easily beat 35 dollars at today's prices. Maze, ancient tomb and Urborg alone are worth more than 35 dollars.

    Is Wizards of the Coast stealing money from collectors. I mean what's the point of collecting if they just reprint a whole bunch of good cards. I can see wizards reprinting cards to equal 35 dollars, but they seem to be destroying the value of cards when they print 70 dollars worth of cards for 35 dollars.

  11. #3091
    Member

    Join Date

    Dec 2011
    Location

    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts

    473

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonwisdom View Post
    What do guys think of "from the vault" and "duel decks"?


    Do they destroy card prices, esp the "from the vault" series?

    I mean this new one that comes out from the vault realms

    Most of the cards in the set will easily beat 35 dollars at today's prices. Maze, ancient tomb and Urborg alone are worth more than 35 dollars.

    Is Wizards of the Coast stealing money from collectors. I mean what's the point of collecting if they just reprint a whole bunch of good cards. I can see wizards reprinting cards to equal 35 dollars, but they seem to be destroying the value of cards when they print 70 dollars worth of cards for 35 dollars.
    These are extremely limited print run. If you check ebay, you'll also see they sell for far more than $35 (or even $70 for that matter).

  12. #3092
    bruizar
    Guest

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    After testing, took a position in artificer's intuition. I think the time is right for this card. I posted some stuff in the ub planes walker stax thread, and have played with it for a while now. The card is seriously good, because it does a lot of things and locks out the opponent. It's a bit like counterbalance, except that counterbalance can't get engineered explosives and academy ruins to deal with resolved threats.

    This card can only get better through time but I think there is already a shell out there that can use it.

    @ivanpie: had my foil over masters for a year now but bought some extra just in case

  13. #3093
    Clergyman of Cool
    lordofthepit's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2009
    Location

    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm
    Posts

    1,954

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I went ahead and picked up another Karakas. Broke my wallet.

  14. #3094
    We are lost. We can never go home.
    Einherjer's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2011
    Location

    Noricum
    Posts

    1,475

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    I went ahead and picked up another Karakas. Broke my wallet.
    When I read this I was like...pff another ranter...

    Then I checked the prices!!!

    50-60 Euro for an Italian one and 80-100 for an english one? FUCK IT!

    Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

  15. #3095
    Clergyman of Cool
    lordofthepit's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2009
    Location

    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm
    Posts

    1,954

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Philipp802 View Post
    When I read this I was like...pff another ranter...

    Then I checked the prices!!!

    50-60 Euro for an Italian one and 80-100 for an english one? FUCK IT!

    Greetings
    So less than two hours after I complete my playset of Karakas and whine here, we have a judge promo: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attac...7&d=1348044681

    I can't complain about that though. We needed a reprint badly.

  16. #3096
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    Italy
    Posts

    780

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I thought Karakas was a tower, now it turned into a mosque.




  17. #3097
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2010
    Location

    MNL
    Posts

    322

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Is it confirmed? That was spoiled a while back and they said it's fake.

  18. #3098
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    Italy
    Posts

    780

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I sure hope so man, I dislike the art with a passion.

  19. #3099
    Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    ivanpei's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts

    1,202

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    After testing, took a position in artificer's intuition. I think the time is right for this card. I posted some stuff in the ub planes walker stax thread, and have played with it for a while now. The card is seriously good, because it does a lot of things and locks out the opponent. It's a bit like counterbalance, except that counterbalance can't get engineered explosives and academy ruins to deal with resolved threats.

    This card can only get better through time but I think there is already a shell out there that can use it.

    @ivanpie: had my foil over masters for a year now but bought some extra just in case
    4 Foil overmaster for about 100 USD on our favourite auction site. Sold out everywhere else. Normal ones about 5 USD.

    Pretty good considered it started at 50 cents for non foil and 2 dollars for foil like month ago... Hope you guys grabbed yours.

    :)

  20. #3100
    That's not my play, I'm just choosing to reveal it
    lochlan's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2011
    Location

    Portland, OR.
    Posts

    221

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanpei View Post
    4 Foil overmaster for about 100 USD on our favourite auction site.
    I wish I'd bought some foils so I could unload them now. Overmaster was definitely undervalued, but I the current market is clearly just fueled by speculation. At SCG Portland the sales booth had a stack of minty ones for $3 each, most unsold by the time they packed up. Omniscience/Burning Wish hasn't crushed everything like it was supposed to, and consequently I think we'll see prices fall over the next several months.

    I mean, the price of Overmaster is currently comparable with Ichorid, another Torment rare that sees FAR more play, and usually as a playset.

    These days it seems like once an obscure rare has a good showing a single time, speculators buy up everything and the price shoots up. It's what happened with Academy Rector--although that card probably will stay up because it's on the Reserved List.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)