Page 85 of 134 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2665

Thread: [Deck] 43 Lands

  1. #1681
    When the Hell did we get Ice Cream?
    OneBigSquirrelGod's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2008
    Location

    NE Ohio
    Posts

    118

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Anen View Post
    Thalia is "useless" against creatures decks, which already are our best matchups.
    X2 - agreed
    [SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]

  2. #1682
    Site Contributor
    Jay_Gatz's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2010
    Posts

    181

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    I'm still having trouble deciding between thalia, krosan grip and trinisphere for my sideboard

  3. #1683

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Gatz View Post
    I'm still having trouble deciding between thalia, krosan grip and trinisphere for my sideboard
    I would say Thalia. Thalia gives you a clock which is better against combo than 3sphere, k-grip gets rid of problem stuff like blood moon which isn't too common anymore that Thalia doesn't; otherwise they're both good against Countertop with K-Grip being somewhat decent against blade variants while Thalia is amazing there.

  4. #1684
    Site Contributor
    Jay_Gatz's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2010
    Posts

    181

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Played with thalia to a 3-0 finish in my weekly tournament last night. It was definitely better against miracles than I expected and it helped me steal a win against storm, I'm sold.

  5. #1685
    Member
    TheStorm's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2012
    Location

    Boulder, CO
    Posts

    1

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    As it is clear from my posts that I am still learning this deck, would it be possible for people posting tournament/game reports to include both:
    a) deck list in the post
    b) How you sided for each match (both # of cards in and out)

    I think that this kind of information would help me tremendously, Thanks!

  6. #1686
    When the Hell did we get Ice Cream?
    OneBigSquirrelGod's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2008
    Location

    NE Ohio
    Posts

    118

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStorm View Post
    As it is clear from my posts that I am still learning this deck, would it be possible for people posting tournament/game reports to include both:
    a) deck list in the post
    b) How you sided for each match (both # of cards in and out)

    I think that this kind of information would help me tremendously, Thanks!
    Artifacts
    1 Crucible Of Worlds
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Mox Diamond
    1 Oblivion Stone
    1 Zuran Orb

    Enchantments
    4 Exploration
    2 Manabond
    1 Sylvan Library

    Instants
    3 Intuition
    1 Enlightened Tutor

    Sorceries
    4 Life from the Loam
    1 Raven's Crime

    Lands
    2 Bayou
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Creeping Tar Pit
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Maze of Ith
    1 Misty Rainforest
    4 Rishadan Port
    1 Savannah
    3 Tolaria West
    2 Tranquil Thicket
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Wooded Foothills

    Legendary Lands
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Karakas
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

    Sideboard:
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Cursed Totem
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Oblivion Stone
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Dark Confidant
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

    This Deck list is all over the place, I understand - Please dont question the singleton Enlightened Tutor :). What I did last night, just for you!

    BUG 2-0

    IN:
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Confidant
    1 Explosives
    1 Ensnaring Bridge

    OUT:
    3 Intuition
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Raven's Crime
    2 Manabond
    1 Sylvan Library
    2 Tranquil Thicket

    RUG 2-0
    IN:
    4 Chalice
    3 Thalia
    1 Explosives

    OUT:
    3 Intuition
    2 Manabond
    1 E. Tutor
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Tranquil Thicket

    Trainwreck 2-0

    Dont think it matters, but:
    IN:
    1 Oblivion Stone
    3 Thalia
    4 Confidant

    OUT:
    4 Maze of Ith
    1 Tabernacle
    2 Manabond
    1 Raven's Crime

    RUG 1-1-1

    IN:
    4 Chalice
    3 Thalia
    1 Explosives

    OUT:
    3 Intuition
    2 Manabond
    1 E. Tutor
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Tranquil Thicket

    Junk - 2-0

    IN:
    1 Oblivion Stone
    1 Explosives
    4 Dark Confidant
    1 Cursed Totem

    OUT:
    3 Intuition
    2 Manabond
    1 Raven's Crime
    1 Enlightened Tutor

    Little Message - Intuition and Manabond always come out, unless Im playing against Dredge or Goblins. Intuition is too against those decks, and you dont have a lot of time to assemble the lock pieces you need, so Intuition stays in often.
    [SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]

  7. #1687
    Member
    TheStorm's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2012
    Location

    Boulder, CO
    Posts

    1

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Thanks for that, I played my brew last night (though less 1 witness for 1 sylvan library MD, SB was:
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Chalice of the Void
    1 Sylvok Replica
    1 Ghostly Prison
    1 COP:R
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben).

    I faced
    R1: RUG Delver (2-1)
    SB IN
    3x Bob
    3x Chalice of the Void
    3x Thalia
    1x Explosives

    OUT
    3x Intuition
    3x Enlightened
    1x Cursed Totem
    1x Witness
    1x Sylvan Library
    1x thicket

    R2: Know & Tell (0-2)
    He uses Academy Rector+Cabal Therapy to get omniscience, so even though I had enlightened/top in G1, I was not able to tutor bridge and Know in Tell it in. He also has Cavern of Souls to get around counters (even if I could have landed a Chalice @ 4)

    SB IN
    3x Thalia
    3x Bob
    1x Sylvok Replica
    1x ghostly prison

    OUT
    1x Eternal Witness
    1x Sylvan Library
    1x Riftstone Portal
    3x Intuition
    1x Cursed Totem
    1x Explosives

    R3 ANT (0-2)
    Here I lose the dice roll and he T1's me. G2 I open with Waste, tolaria, fetch, 2 other land, needle, EE. I keep (in hindsight very loose) because I want to needle LED. of course he not only has 2 petals, but the probe to see EE and combo around it on T2. I probably should have aggro-mulled to chalice to set at 0? ///Feel free to advise///

    SB In
    3x Chalice
    3x Bob
    3x Thalia
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Explosives

    OUT
    3x Intuition
    1x Witness
    1x Top
    1x Sylvan Library
    1x Bojuka
    1x Rifstone
    1x Cursed Totem
    1x Glacial Chasm
    1x Ensnaring Bridge

    R4: Sligh (2-0)
    I was not familiar with this build, saw 3x cursed scroll and a goblin guide G1. G2 I see lavamancer & price, though orb T1 plus exploration/loam put a stop to that stuff.

    SB In
    3x Thalia
    1x Explosives
    1x Needle
    1x Sylvok Replica

    Out
    3x Intuition
    1x Cursed Totem
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Witness

    ________
    Comments:
    1) Again, I faced 50% combo (and lost to both). The more I play, the more I realize that the bulk of my LGS is combo (Ive also faced Burn/Doomsday/other Show and Tell/other ANT/TES). I know that lands has a rough matchup with these decks. Is raven's crime that good against a T1/T2 thrashing? Other than winning the die roll and somehow surviving G1, and placing a T1 chalice in G2/3 are there other options to combating these "unfair" decks?
    2) Witness is SB out in every matchup. Perhaps I dont need this security blanket (too slow?). I will trim for something better (and trim stronghold for perhaps a 4th maze)
    3) As the bulk of my meta is combo, Cursed Totem came out in every match. I think that it will be moved to SB. Does this mean that I should trim back my Enlightened Tutors?
    4) Im siding in so many cards each round, I worry that I am pushing the deck away from it's focus.

  8. #1688
    itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Julian23's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Location

    Munich / Germany
    Posts

    3,141

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

  9. #1689
    Member
    TheStorm's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2012
    Location

    Boulder, CO
    Posts

    1

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Wow, neither of us realized that. Props to running a Japanese needle that neither could read. The "threat" did not stop him but a turn in any case.
    Perhaps I'll need to replace needle with Pithing Beetle (aka revoker). Then I have a needle that can hit mana abilities + attack.

  10. #1690

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by OneBigSquirrelGod View Post
    Artifacts
    1 Crucible Of Worlds
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Mox Diamond
    1 Oblivion Stone
    1 Zuran Orb

    Enchantments
    4 Exploration
    2 Manabond
    1 Sylvan Library

    Instants
    3 Intuition
    1 Enlightened Tutor

    Sorceries
    4 Life from the Loam
    1 Raven's Crime

    Lands
    2 Bayou
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Creeping Tar Pit
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Maze of Ith
    1 Misty Rainforest
    4 Rishadan Port
    1 Savannah
    3 Tolaria West
    2 Tranquil Thicket
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Wooded Foothills

    Legendary Lands
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Karakas
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

    Sideboard:
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Cursed Totem
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Oblivion Stone
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Dark Confidant
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

    This Deck list is all over the place, I understand - Please dont question the singleton Enlightened Tutor :). What I did last night, just for you!

    BUG 2-0

    IN:
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Confidant
    1 Explosives
    1 Ensnaring Bridge

    OUT:
    3 Intuition
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Raven's Crime
    2 Manabond
    1 Sylvan Library
    2 Tranquil Thicket

    RUG 2-0
    IN:
    4 Chalice
    3 Thalia
    1 Explosives

    OUT:
    3 Intuition
    2 Manabond
    1 E. Tutor
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Tranquil Thicket

    Trainwreck 2-0

    Dont think it matters, but:
    IN:
    1 Oblivion Stone
    3 Thalia
    4 Confidant

    OUT:
    4 Maze of Ith
    1 Tabernacle
    2 Manabond
    1 Raven's Crime

    RUG 1-1-1

    IN:
    4 Chalice
    3 Thalia
    1 Explosives

    OUT:
    3 Intuition
    2 Manabond
    1 E. Tutor
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Tranquil Thicket

    Junk - 2-0

    IN:
    1 Oblivion Stone
    1 Explosives
    4 Dark Confidant
    1 Cursed Totem

    OUT:
    3 Intuition
    2 Manabond
    1 Raven's Crime
    1 Enlightened Tutor

    Little Message - Intuition and Manabond always come out, unless Im playing against Dredge or Goblins. Intuition is too against those decks, and you dont have a lot of time to assemble the lock pieces you need, so Intuition stays in often.
    I agree with everything but Thalia against RUG. Its good when you can make sure it stays in play without eating a bolt, to do so you've usually wrecked their manabase beyond recovery and have a chalice, making the 1 additional mana they pay for spells they couldn't cast anyway a bit pointless. When it's bad they pay 2 for a bolt and Thalia did nothing, and against rug you need all of your spells to have a somewhat immediate impact on the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    You should probably include this somewhere in your signature.

  11. #1691
    When the Hell did we get Ice Cream?
    OneBigSquirrelGod's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2008
    Location

    NE Ohio
    Posts

    118

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by cuthbertthecat View Post
    I agree with everything but Thalia against RUG. Its good when you can make sure it stays in play without eating a bolt, to do so you've usually wrecked their manabase beyond recovery and have a chalice, making the 1 additional mana they pay for spells they couldn't cast anyway a bit pointless. When it's bad they pay 2 for a bolt and Thalia did nothing, and against rug you need all of your spells to have a somewhat immediate impact on the game.



    You should probably include this somewhere in your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStorm View Post
    Thanks for that, I played my brew last night (though less 1 witness for 1 sylvan library MD, SB was:
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Chalice of the Void
    1 Sylvok Replica
    1 Ghostly Prison
    1 COP:R
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben).

    I faced
    R1: RUG Delver (2-1)
    SB IN
    3x Bob
    3x Chalice of the Void
    3x Thalia
    1x Explosives

    OUT
    3x Intuition
    3x Enlightened
    1x Cursed Totem
    1x Witness
    1x Sylvan Library
    1x thicket

    R2: Know & Tell (0-2)
    He uses Academy Rector+Cabal Therapy to get omniscience, so even though I had enlightened/top in G1, I was not able to tutor bridge and Know in Tell it in. He also has Cavern of Souls to get around counters (even if I could have landed a Chalice @ 4)

    SB IN
    3x Thalia
    3x Bob
    1x Sylvok Replica
    1x ghostly prison

    OUT
    1x Eternal Witness
    1x Sylvan Library
    1x Riftstone Portal
    3x Intuition
    1x Cursed Totem
    1x Explosives

    R3 ANT (0-2)
    Here I lose the dice roll and he T1's me. G2 I open with Waste, tolaria, fetch, 2 other land, needle, EE. I keep (in hindsight very loose) because I want to needle LED. of course he not only has 2 petals, but the probe to see EE and combo around it on T2. I probably should have aggro-mulled to chalice to set at 0? ///Feel free to advise///

    SB In
    3x Chalice
    3x Bob
    3x Thalia
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Explosives

    OUT
    3x Intuition
    1x Witness
    1x Top
    1x Sylvan Library
    1x Bojuka
    1x Rifstone
    1x Cursed Totem
    1x Glacial Chasm
    1x Ensnaring Bridge

    R4: Sligh (2-0)
    I was not familiar with this build, saw 3x cursed scroll and a goblin guide G1. G2 I see lavamancer & price, though orb T1 plus exploration/loam put a stop to that stuff.

    SB In
    3x Thalia
    1x Explosives
    1x Needle
    1x Sylvok Replica

    Out
    3x Intuition
    1x Cursed Totem
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Witness

    ________
    Comments:
    1) Again, I faced 50% combo (and lost to both). The more I play, the more I realize that the bulk of my LGS is combo (Ive also faced Burn/Doomsday/other Show and Tell/other ANT/TES). I know that lands has a rough matchup with these decks. Is raven's crime that good against a T1/T2 thrashing? Other than winning the die roll and somehow surviving G1, and placing a T1 chalice in G2/3 are there other options to combating these "unfair" decks?
    2) Witness is SB out in every matchup. Perhaps I dont need this security blanket (too slow?). I will trim for something better (and trim stronghold for perhaps a 4th maze)
    3) As the bulk of my meta is combo, Cursed Totem came out in every match. I think that it will be moved to SB. Does this mean that I should trim back my Enlightened Tutors?
    4) Im siding in so many cards each round, I worry that I am pushing the deck away from it's focus.
    [SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]

  12. #1692
    When the Hell did we get Ice Cream?
    OneBigSquirrelGod's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2008
    Location

    NE Ohio
    Posts

    118

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStorm View Post
    Comments:
    1) Again, I faced 50% combo (and lost to both). The more I play, the more I realize that the bulk of my LGS is combo (Ive also faced Burn/Doomsday/other Show and Tell/other ANT/TES). I know that lands has a rough matchup with these decks. Is raven's crime that good against a T1/T2 thrashing? Other than winning the die roll and somehow surviving G1, and placing a T1 chalice in G2/3 are there other options to combating these "unfair" decks?
    2) Witness is SB out in every matchup. Perhaps I dont need this security blanket (too slow?). I will trim for something better (and trim stronghold for perhaps a 4th maze)
    3) As the bulk of my meta is combo, Cursed Totem came out in every match. I think that it will be moved to SB. Does this mean that I should trim back my Enlightened Tutors?
    4) Im siding in so many cards each round, I worry that I am pushing the deck away from it's focus.
    1. I've went over Ravens crime several times in the past 88 pages. Read it. The deck is very bad against combo. I wouldn't play it in that metagame(lol). But if you have to(which we all want to), throw main board combo hate in. You have Zuran Orb for burn, you have explosives for just about everything, Crucible for the tier 2 retarded decks (like Junk, Trainwreck), O Stone for massive removal. Why not play a Trinisphere Mainboard, and a Chalice Mainboard, just as long as its not a Maindeck creature, you'll be fine. But I would run Crime. It's really freakin good against non aggressive creature/planes walker decks.

    2. Cut the witness. It is too slow, and too cute. 4 mazes has always been the right number for me.

    3. Unless you go Ravens Crime, don't cut any Enlightened Tutors. They will be good 99% of the time.

    4. I win game one about 95% of the time. The only type of edge they have against us (non-combo) is graveyard hate. The intuitions come out, and Bob comes in. So they side out removal, for gy hate, and Confidant ends up doing almost the same thing Loam does. It accelerates your card advantage, and keeps your head above water. Your graveyard will be attacked. And that will kill you unless you can accel. I mentioned above I beat Junk 2-0. I beat (all cast in order): Thalia, Gaddock Teeg, Scaveging Ooze, Qasali Pridemage, Maelstrom Pulse, surgical extraction on Loam, Liliana the Veil, Scavaging Ooze, Knight of the Reliquary, Bojuka Bog, Confidant, Confidant, Tarmogoyf, dryad arbor. I cast Loam once The whole game. You can fight anything... You just have to have a game plan. The deck functions differently after side owed. You just need to learn the functionality of it.
    [SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]

  13. #1693
    Member
    movingtonewao's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Singapore, Singapore City
    Posts

    305

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by OneBigSquirrelGod View Post
    1. I've went over Ravens crime several times in the past 88 pages. Read it.
    thats harsh...I think he read but perhaps he wants to know something specific, like how will raven's crime make specific matchups more favourable vs running something like say enlightened tutor. Also need to factor in raven's crime needing the appropriate manabase to support.

  14. #1694
    Dread Returned
    Fizzeler's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Maryland
    Posts

    199

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    So I am working on building this deck and wondered is it worth running one Taiga to run REB in the board in place of 2 confidants?
    Currently Playing:
    Dredge, The Rock, Lands, Spiral Tide, Affinity

  15. #1695

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzeler View Post
    So I am working on building this deck and wondered is it worth running one Taiga to run REB in the board in place of 2 confidants?
    Easily answered. No.
    Dark Confidant is 4 of in your side. Preferably 8 of in side if it was possible.

  16. #1696
    Explorer
    XdeckX's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2009
    Location

    The Netherlands
    Posts

    18

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Played Lands for the first time ever in a tournament. I ran a Raven's crime heavy build (like the one that won a SCG tourney)
    I didn't expect to do awesome and just wanted to try it for a change (I usually play NicFit)
    Easily won against fish
    Lost to belcher in 2 really closes and crazy games
    Drew against some monoblack hate/aggrodeck
    Lost to Dredge
    Drew against High Tide.

    I forced belcher to go all in on his turn 1 after starting with Ravens Crime. He had nothing in play but belcher. Of course he rips the needed LED.
    Game 2 he made 14 goblins on turn 1. I take 14 and manage to get Tabernacle in play. Take 3 hits from 1 remaining goblin (he had a Taiga) while getting chalice @ 0 and 1 into play. I find a waste and make a Trinisphere. I take forever to find a wincondition and when my opponent is @5 he goes Spirit Guide, Spirit Guide, Spirit Guide, Seething Song, Seething Song, Seething Song, Belcher, Kill you. I was looking for my Chasm for a couple of turns but couldnt find any (never found a Loam in that game either)

    Monoblack was quite fun. I won game 1 quite easily. Game to I had stuff locked up but he managed to drain thought my Chasm with Kalastria Highborn :/ No time to play game 3.

    The dredge player was really aweful (he couldnt make out how to stack the Bridge triggers after me blocking his Ichorid with Factory but the booze might have been an issue... he was really drunk already at 2PM :P) Eventually I just got overwhelmed eventhough I removed 3 bridges. Couldnt find any of my 8/9 outs I still had left.

    High Tide was quite fun. He managed to fizzle in game 1 after which I raped his hand with Ravens Crime. I casually beat him with Tar Pits.
    Game 2 he takes forever but gets there. we have 5 minuted before we go to additional turns. Im never going to make it... but he couldnt do it either. Amusing game with a really nice opponent.

    I'm still unsure if I want to remove the Ravens Crimes from the main. They were really awesome all day (but it helps if you face combo 2x) I want to try Thalia in the side but currently the manabase doesnt support it with a high black requirement for Raven's Crime.

    All in all its a really fun deck to play and will probably remain my goto deck when I dont feel like playing NicFit.

  17. #1697
    When the Hell did we get Ice Cream?
    OneBigSquirrelGod's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2008
    Location

    NE Ohio
    Posts

    118

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by XdeckX View Post
    Played Lands for the first time ever in a tournament. I ran a Raven's crime heavy build (like the one that won a SCG tourney)
    I didn't expect to do awesome and just wanted to try it for a change (I usually play NicFit)
    Easily won against fish
    Lost to belcher in 2 really closes and crazy games
    Drew against some monoblack hate/aggrodeck
    Lost to Dredge
    Drew against High Tide.

    I forced belcher to go all in on his turn 1 after starting with Ravens Crime. He had nothing in play but belcher. Of course he rips the needed LED.
    Game 2 he made 14 goblins on turn 1. I take 14 and manage to get Tabernacle in play. Take 3 hits from 1 remaining goblin (he had a Taiga) while getting chalice @ 0 and 1 into play. I find a waste and make a Trinisphere. I take forever to find a wincondition and when my opponent is @5 he goes Spirit Guide, Spirit Guide, Spirit Guide, Seething Song, Seething Song, Seething Song, Belcher, Kill you. I was looking for my Chasm for a couple of turns but couldnt find any (never found a Loam in that game either)

    Monoblack was quite fun. I won game 1 quite easily. Game to I had stuff locked up but he managed to drain thought my Chasm with Kalastria Highborn :/ No time to play game 3.

    The dredge player was really aweful (he couldnt make out how to stack the Bridge triggers after me blocking his Ichorid with Factory but the booze might have been an issue... he was really drunk already at 2PM :P) Eventually I just got overwhelmed eventhough I removed 3 bridges. Couldnt find any of my 8/9 outs I still had left.

    High Tide was quite fun. He managed to fizzle in game 1 after which I raped his hand with Ravens Crime. I casually beat him with Tar Pits.
    Game 2 he takes forever but gets there. we have 5 minuted before we go to additional turns. Im never going to make it... but he couldnt do it either. Amusing game with a really nice opponent.

    I'm still unsure if I want to remove the Ravens Crimes from the main. They were really awesome all day (but it helps if you face combo 2x) I want to try Thalia in the side but currently the manabase doesnt support it with a high black requirement for Raven's Crime.

    All in all its a really fun deck to play and will probably remain my goto deck when I dont feel like playing NicFit.
    You can run a savannah, and Thalia in the board. Take a thicket out, and keep the Crimes. That's what I am currently doing
    [SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]

  18. #1698

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by TraxDaMax View Post
    Easily answered. No.
    Dark Confidant is 4 of in your side. Preferably 8 of in side if it was possible.
    Actually, after typing this having 8 would probably clog up the board too much, and it almost is possible to play 8 I guess if you consider Dark Tutelage.

    Has anybody actually ever tried Dark Tutelage, perhaps as a one of to get with E.Tutor?

  19. #1699

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by XdeckX View Post
    High Tide was quite fun. He managed to fizzle in game 1 after which I raped his hand with Ravens Crime. I casually beat him with Tar Pits.
    Game 2 he takes forever but gets there. we have 5 minuted before we go to additional turns. Im never going to make it... but he couldnt do it either. Amusing game with a really nice opponent.

    I'm still unsure if I want to remove the Ravens Crimes from the main. They were really awesome all day (but it helps if you face combo 2x) I want to try Thalia in the side but currently the manabase doesnt support it with a high black requirement for Raven's Crime.
    I am your High Tide opponent :)
    It was indeed an amusing game & I met a nice opponent too.

    Raven's crime was good against me in the first game because I gave you a new hand with Time Spiral (TS). I do not know how efficient it would be without this. My guess is too slow, but I may be wrong.

    Sorry for game 2... I played the deck for the first time IRL & I was quite slow.

    If I remember correctly, you played chalice of the void at 1 in game 2... but it shuts down the raven's crime plan. I can see a little conflict here, even though chalice is very good against me.

    TW

  20. #1700
    When the Hell did we get Ice Cream?
    OneBigSquirrelGod's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2008
    Location

    NE Ohio
    Posts

    118

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by TiMeWaLk View Post
    I am your High Tide opponent :)
    It was indeed an amusing game & I met a nice opponent too.

    Raven's crime was good against me in the first game because I gave you a new hand with Time Spiral (TS). I do not know how efficient it would be without this. My guess is too slow, but I may be wrong.

    Sorry for game 2... I played the deck for the first time IRL & I was quite slow.

    If I remember correctly, you played chalice of the void at 1 in game 2... but it shuts down the raven's crime plan. I can see a little conflict here, even though chalice is very good against me.

    TW
    If you can gain enough of a land advantage, you can blow your own chalice up with explosives at the end of turn, then ravens crime their hand away, the recast another one. I have done this once.... Thalia is super good though. Chalice at 3 is good too, since it shuts off Cunning Wish. I guess you run into the problem of them trying to go off on your turn though....
    [SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)