your gameplan vs them should be chalice to beat extirpate/surgical
they probably only have 1/2 bogs. (probably 1). after that, its your whole deck vs their Lilly. seems winnable. their discard and removal is irrelevant.
sideboarding our confidants increases threats. all we need to do, is make sure lilly doesnt ulti more than once a game.
smokestack also helps here, since it attacks all sides of their gameplan without using the yard. and your stone/explosives all kill their key stuff. its even better that their clock is quite slow.
Yes, chalice is necessary. But the problem is that the first game takes forever. So If you lose the first game, you have to be very proactive to win the second one because they can just stall the game like we do. But I'll try Smokestack for sure (its one of my favorite card :P). Seems like a good plan. Also, I tried SDT in the main. I think i prefer it over the Sylvan Library because of Academy Ruins. It can also dig faster if you can't afford the life loss of Library.
If for instance I am playing Bobby Kovacs list from the scg opens, what exactly am I looking to board in during the Omni tell matchup? I have been boarding in 2 krosan grip, 3 trinisphere. I have been taking out 3 intuition,and 2 manabond. Is this strategy correct? or should I be boarding in more? I also tried cursed totem, but don't know if shutting off griselbrands draw is worth the slot?
It's much worse for them to see a loam from us, we get to turn the extra lands into onboard advantage, which just wrecks their plan. Also, if you cant stop liliana from ulting, just hold onto some green sources. the piles will probably be green sources-other cards, so getting to keep other cards and then loaming back more green sources is just insane. After board, just bring in bobs and try not to get them extirpated.
Siding in Cursed Totem is totall worth siding in IMO. aze of Ith is a dead card X3 (save one for the Griselbrand). Tabernacle is awful in the MU, Bojua Bog is Bad, Manabond is bad, Intuition is alright to keep it since it can find you 3 Trinispheres. So Do something like
-3 Maze of Ith
-1 Tabernacle
-2 Manabond
-2 Explosives
-1 Bojuka Bog
-1 Zuran Orb
-1 Tranquil Thicket
+4 Dark Confidant
+3 Trinisphere
+2 Krosan Grip
+1 Cursed Totem
+1 Ensnaring Bridge
It is a lot, but the tranformation is so powerful, you won't regret siding it all in. I don's seem to ever cast Trinisphere against them, I just let it sit in my hand. It is easy to deal with Omniscience, because Trinisphere is the best answer to that card (hands down). Ive seem Thalia and Labrotory/Rule of Law beaten several times. This is a matchup where Bob+Crime=a total blowout.
Lands in the top 16 of New Orleans (91 people, but still, great job Jody Keith!). He lost to RUG Delver by an insane hand (because RUG can have them), and Chi's Miracles, which won the tourney.
[SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]
I think that bobby is a steelpulse player witha very cold mind...winning with just 2 tar pits takes so long...off course lands itself is a slow kill but this is almost an extreme. Black give us Worn Harvest to short the subject.
GC.
(don't know if this a compliment or something else)
Lands is a control deck. You don't play short, sweet games. You obtain position of the board, and then you execute. The deck can win fast, which I have. I used to sideboard Worm Harvest. Didn't fit my play style, being so steelpulsive... If I wanted to win fast, I would play Goblins... Adding more kill mechanics to the main takes away from the control. I play 2 Tarpits. Others run 1 Tarpit and 1 Mishra's Factory. Phelix ran a Worm Harvest, Colonnade, Factory, and Harvest. The European Metagame had a lot more combo, which you would need to have a faster kill.
[SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]
I played lands in scg nola to a 10th place, very close to bobby's list except minus a manabond plus a sylvan. For note this is wrong in that I wanted it to power dredge with life game one. Problem os game ones the manabonds are better with loam game one, although it does play well as a 5th bob in post boarded matches
Also I played a second cursed totem in the board for mav, which really was bc i thought I needed a crutch for the match. It csme in handy vs my rd2 opponents board or knight pridmage double heirarch deathrite savannah. Go figure. In matchups I went 2-0 vs miracles, 2-0 vs. mav splash black, 2-0 vs. esperblade, 2-0 vs. dredge, took the wrong line and lost to rug in 3 (sickest draws) 2-1 vs. rug then bc there were more 13pts than 15pts I had to play for top 8 vs. miraclez that eventually won the whole thing. In hindsight I should have tried to play loam into a countertop based on how few 2s miracles actually play. As far as the tarpits, 2 is three right number. After taking that beating vs. chi ho's postboard geist makes me want to play a factory to block or even attack a jace, but really double blue is harder to come by if you do. Great deck, excited to keep playing it, and special thanks to mr. Bobby for the tips.
[SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]
sorry to go a little bit off topic, but what is 'steel pulse'? I tried google and i found some metal band.
You are right if you assume that you will always win game one. Otherwise you loose because there is no time for the second one.
@steel pulse: sorry, english is not my native language. What I mean with this is that bobby takes always right decisions through time. It means in spanish: pulso de acero o pulso firme.
GC
You are right if you assume that you will always win game one. Otherwise you loose because there is no time for the second one.
@steel pulse: sorry, english is not my native language. What I mean with this is that bobby takes always right decision through time. It means in spanish: pulso de acero o pulso firme.
GC
RTR really gave people toys to wreck us with. Deathrite Shaman and Rest in Peace are both really annoying. the shamans in BUG are happily chewing up my LFTLs in G1.
Rest in peace is a good sideboard card. Shaman is almost irrelevant. his ability works only once a turn, and he doesnt have haste. should be reasonably easy to play around.
Locally my meta has switched a bit to more combo, and thats bad :)
last 3 turnies:
3-0-2 (standard version)
4-0 (beat storm combo twice, and sneakshow) (e-tutor build)
2-3 (1-1 vs storm combo) (e-tutor build)
Wow beating combo twice! Can you tell us how were those matches?
im guessing he had early chalice into trinisphere. that helps.
regarding shaman. No it is not easy to play around.
He eats up life from the loam anytime as he pleases.
If you use cursed totem, he has abrupt decay for it since he's in BG colours.
Wonder if anybody has a solution. EE is one, but that doesn't take away the fact that shaman is annoying.
I was chatting with cuthbertcat over facebook some time ago and he suggested a singleton dark tutelage in the maindeck. You can tutor for it via Etutor.
that way you don't lose your entire card advantage engine G1 just because someone got his shaman online and you're staring at those life from the loams in your hand.
I have been using Dark Tutelage for quite some time, and in a e.tutor build it's just too good.
I think for Shaman we need to try and get either d.tutelage up, or make sure to have a cycle land in hand before playing loam.
Also, we run Academy Ruins. Why are you scared to lose an artifact?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)