Page 165 of 343 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

  1. #3281

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Hate to one up you, but $40, and now selling my English ones for likely the same price. Free upgrade! :D
    Lemme lemme upgrade ya! I also got mine signed by Argyle this weekend. Speaking of retarded prices, I almost pulled the trigger on $30 a piece Korean Boros Reckoners a few weeks back and just got 4 for $60. Time to jangle my Didgeridoo again.

  2. #3282
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,133

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Lemme lemme upgrade ya! I also got mine signed by Argyle this weekend. Speaking of retarded prices, I almost pulled the trigger on $30 a piece Korean Boros Reckoners a few weeks back and just got 4 for $60. Time to jangle my Didgeridoo again.
    Steve Argyle is a whore when it comes to doing shows. I've seen him at like 3 GP's so far. He's trying to compete with Rob Alexander for the "most signed cards" category.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

  3. #3283
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Holy Shit! LEDs at 100?! I thought they would go up. On the floor saturday when I finished my set, everybody and their fucking mothers were looking for them. Knew I wouldnt feel to bad trading a V Clique at 40 value for one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  4. #3284
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Damn I forgot to get my foil Soul's Ransom signed this weekend by Argyle... Also I love it when an artist for a highly played card comes to town. Everybody was playing with signed DRS and Lili's, just like since Tierese Nielson (sp?) came to charlotte everyone in the area has signed Forces and Rest in Pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  5. #3285

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Is there a site where I can see the cards that massivly jump or that plummet? I always seem to be the last to know.

  6. #3286
    Member
    Oiolosse's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2010
    Location

    Houston,texas
    Posts

    387

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    yeah, this LED shit is annoying. I need 2 LED and one volcanic and TES is built. Now the LEDs are almost as pricey as a blue dual, wtf.

  7. #3287
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    6,997

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Oiolosse View Post
    yeah, this LED shit is annoying. I need 2 LED and one volcanic and TES is built. Now the LEDs are almost as pricey as a blue dual, wtf.
    Because TES-ANT is on a popularity high due to SCG's performances. As soon as players realize that it's not a pickup-play-deck, but hard to perform well with Storm, LED's will return to the market and it will drop below 80$ soon
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

    Join us at Facebook!

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

    Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

  8. #3288
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2011
    Location

    Italy
    Posts

    780

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I am going to counter bitch about non-increasing prices. EX-EX+ Revised Tundras in Europe were €75 last year around this time. Now they are going for even lower, you can get NM ones for €70-€72. I have three extra ones which I'm looking to get rid of for some other stuff I need but while everything else is skyrocketing my blue duals are sitting on their fat asses. Wtf?

  9. #3289
    Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    kiblast's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Somewhere in Europe.
    Posts

    1,232

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Because TES-ANT is on a popularity high due to SCG's performances. As soon as players realize that it's not a pickup-play-deck, but hard to perform well with Storm, LED's will return to the market and it will drop below 80$ soon
    Well, while this is completely true for the majority of the players, I also think that if you drop 250 eur on a set of Led, you start playing the shit out of them until you become good at storming. Lots of good storm players basically play only storm combo decks, and they keep their Leds. Even if only 1 out of 20 sold playsets goes to someone who's willing to play combo extensively, that's another set which is going to be vaulted in someone's legacy kernel, and not going to be available for a long time. Consider as well the card is widely recognized as a pillar of the format.

    Considering the Eu market, I don't think Leds will consistently drop below 50 each anytime soon. (Unless an incredibly powerful anti storm card is printed.)
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

  10. #3290
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    6,997

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Depends much on the mindset of the players to either a) Play the shit out of their investment, b) keep the "staple" and move to the next flavor of the month with another investment or c) Cash in the staple for the next flavor of the weak

    Storm is an archetype which really needs some dedication and sure isn't for the broad spectrum of the players and LED is a narrow card so players can at least HOPE for it to drop again unlike FoW.

    Europe's market in Term of LED is special because Storm is insanly popular here for years. I played 3 tournaments without Tendrils in the last 4 years i believe lol
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

    Join us at Facebook!

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

    Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

  11. #3291

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Thoughts on foil Zendikar Fetches (50-80 €)vs foil Onslaught Shocklands (25-50 €)? Are these gonna be the "Modern Black border Duals"?

  12. #3292
    Member

    Join Date

    Oct 2011
    Location

    Denmark
    Posts

    445

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    there are no shocklands in onslaught, and they are not part of modern...

  13. #3293

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phelix View Post
    there are no shocklands in onslaught, and they are not part of modern...
    Sorry, I meant Ravnica Shocklands

  14. #3294
    itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Julian23's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Location

    Munich / Germany
    Posts

    3,141

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phelix View Post
    there are no shocklands in onslaught, and they are not part of modern...
    Richard Garfield says there are. BOOM!

    While the original Ravnica ones are more expensive (at least last time I checked), I don't ever see them coming close to FBB Duals in Legacy. Modern as a format doesn't (yet) have a huge and dedicated playerbase unlike Legacy. You will always have people that are "Legacy only" or "T2 Wannabes" but as of now, I have hardly ever come across someone who would label himself a truely dedicated Modern player.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

  15. #3295
    Win or lose, it begins with...
    Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts

    2,184

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Because TES-ANT is on a popularity high due to SCG's performances. As soon as players realize that it's not a pickup-play-deck, but hard to perform well with Storm, LED's will return to the market and it will drop below 80$ soon
    Is this really true though? I don't follow the market super closely, but I do see cards that skyrocket in value overnight, then just sit at that value FOREVER (unless it gets banned, there is a massive reprinting of that card, or it's obsoleted by a vastly superior new card). Once a card's value climbs, especially a proven tournament quality card, it rarely drops back down.

  16. #3296
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    6,997

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I doubt a jump from 25-30€ to now ~60 within a few months is something I would take as an example for this scenario you described, which does happen. I guess/hope it's more like Aluren which got a popularity boost/Price explosion twice within the last 6 years and dropped back twice as well
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

    Join us at Facebook!

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

    Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

  17. #3297
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Just thought id point out some price stuff on SCG...

    Jace TMS $150 Up $30
    Force of Will NM $100 Up $20
    Lion's Eye Diamond $100 Up $20
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  18. #3298
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    6,997

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    SCG buys FOIL Jaces for >400€
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

    Join us at Facebook!

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

    Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

  19. #3299
    Win or lose, it begins with...
    Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts

    2,184

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I guess/hope it's more like Aluren which got a popularity boost/Price explosion twice within the last 6 years and dropped back twice as well
    But it never dropped back to pre-increase levels. In 2009, it was $5, end of 2012/beginning of 2013 at $20, and today it's at $12. $12 is obviously better than $20, but still worse than $5. My point is that once a card's price increase, it will almost never see it's pre-increase price again (unless bannings, massive reprints, etc occur).

  20. #3300
    Member
    joemauer's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2011
    Location

    Louisiana
    Posts

    683

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    LEDs get played in pretty much every combo deck in Legacy with the exception of Show and Tell decks and High Tide decks.

    But this is probably the culprit for LEDs jump: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...e-Rogue-Hermit

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)