Page 166 of 343 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

  1. #3301
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Most Rougue Hermit Decks dont even run LED do they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  2. #3302

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    SCG buys FOIL Jaces for >400€
    This explains why someone wanted to buy my playset on MCM. Good thing I rejected it. You can watch the beauties played in Strasbourgh =)

  3. #3303
    Clergyman of Cool
    lordofthepit's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2009
    Location

    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm
    Posts

    1,954

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joemauer View Post
    LEDs get played in pretty much every combo deck in Legacy with the exception of Show and Tell decks and High Tide decks.

    But this is probably the culprit for LEDs jump: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...e-Rogue-Hermit
    Reanimator, Tin Fins, Elves, Aluren, Painter (although occasionally as a 1-of), and Breakfast all don't run LED.

    Also, I doubt that anyone who didn't already own LEDs previously is acquiring them for Rogue Hermit, since its a Tier 3 deck at best. I mean, you can play it, but it's susceptible to so much hate. Moreover, it's pretty much a budget deck that doesn't even benefit much (if at all) from LED.

  4. #3304

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    It's all Cook's fault. Blame him!

  5. #3305
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I Blame (and thank) him. #PushBBEOut!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  6. #3306
    Member
    joemauer's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2011
    Location

    Louisiana
    Posts

    683

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    Reanimator, Tin Fins, Elves, Aluren, Painter (although occasionally as a 1-of), and Breakfast all don't run LED.

    Also, I doubt that anyone who didn't already own LEDs previously is acquiring them for Rogue Hermit, since its a Tier 3 deck at best. I mean, you can play it, but it's susceptible to so much hate. Moreover, it's pretty much a budget deck that doesn't even benefit much (if at all) from LED.
    I was being sarcastic about the Rogue Hermit.

    Reanimator and Tin Fins play Show and Tell.
    Elves is more of an aggro combo deck, not your typical combo deck.
    Breakfast is dead.
    And I didn't know there was a competitive Aluren deck.

    TES/ANT/TnT/ and Doomsday all use a playset of LEDs. ANT is off and on a DTB.
    Good versions of dredge use LED which is off and on a DTB.
    Belcher which can tear up the perfect meta uses LEDs.

    If you want to play a combo deck that can win on turn one then Lion's Eye Diamond helps.

    Unless you are playing Elves(which isn't even a full on combo deck), you want Lion's Eye Diamond or Show and Tell to play combo in Legacy.

  7. #3307

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Just thought id point out some price stuff on SCG...

    Jace TMS $150 Up $30
    Force of Will NM $100 Up $20
    Lion's Eye Diamond $100 Up $20
    They offered me $80 on my extra English Jace when I was trading in crappy English cards at SCGATL ... I was confused and the price seemed really high. Then I realized that they are trying to sell him for an insane amount.

  8. #3308

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    They offered me $80 on my extra English Jace when I was trading in crappy English cards at SCGATL ... I was confused and the price seemed really high. Then I realized that they are trying to sell him for an insane amount.
    I read that as particularly english -> it made me think of a jace drinking tea with a giant mustache.


    I don't even remember him being as high as 120 to be honest, I remember him being at 80-90.
    Was he just creeping up this whole time? Or did something happen to make him surge?
    ^Has bromance with Brainstorm

  9. #3309
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wirrsturm View Post
    I read that as particularly english -> it made me think of a jace drinking tea with a giant mustache.


    I don't even remember him being as high as 120 to be honest, I remember him being at 80-90.
    Was he just creeping up this whole time? Or did something happen to make him surge?
    I think it was part of SCG's annual price hike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  10. #3310

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Legacy GP coming up in a few days, and everyone is buying cards in the last minutes. Of course it makes sense to raise prices.

  11. #3311
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    legacy GP Overseas sure. But Still not a reason to raise the prices imo here
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  12. #3312
    The Illusionist
    Viridia's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2012
    Location

    Netherlands
    Posts

    220

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Soooo, someone bought ALL the Cloudstone Curio on MKM :P

    https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/Cloud....c1p13333.prod

    Speculators at work i suppose?

  13. #3313
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,133

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Almost certainly, but that's to be expected with Beck//Call revitalizing Combo Elves in Modern.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

  14. #3314
    The Illusionist
    Viridia's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2012
    Location

    Netherlands
    Posts

    220

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Yeah, i'd be seriously amused if the deck fails to perform tho, especially after everyone taking a run at the pieces :)

  15. #3315
    Clergyman of Cool
    lordofthepit's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2009
    Location

    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm
    Posts

    1,954

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridia View Post
    Yeah, i'd be seriously amused if the deck fails to perform tho, especially after everyone taking a run at the pieces :)
    Cloudstone Curio is going up almost exclusively due to Modern demand, and that player base is very used to disappointment.

  16. #3316
    Salt of the earth

    Join Date

    May 2009
    Location

    Canada
    Posts

    4,685

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Yes, they know they're playing an inferior format.

    -Matt

  17. #3317

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I think the Lion's Eye Diamonds and Jaces will end up staying close to the new SGC price point. The people who own those cards are dedicated Storm or Control players. These players are unlikely to cash in at this price point. I mean who really sells off Jaces or LED's unless they are leaving the format.

  18. #3318
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,133

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GradStudentGuy View Post
    I think the Lion's Eye Diamonds and Jaces will end up staying close to the new SGC price point. The people who own those cards are dedicated Storm or Control players. These players are unlikely to cash in at this price point. I mean who really sells off Jaces or LED's unless they are leaving the format.
    The people who bought them at 50 after he got banned and stashed them away until they returned to their pre-ban prices. Looks like they've even exceeded that by now.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

  19. #3319
    hai 2 u
    zulander's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Location

    SoCal - Anaheim
    Posts

    1,688

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    There's like zero chance they're ever gonna reprint Jace right? Seems like you should get them before they hit $200?
    #mtgfinance follow on twitter: @mtgStaples


    Quote Originally Posted by OBFREELY
    You should all immediately fire emails at the DCI requesting the banning of Tarmogoyf and Golgari Grave-Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not compelled to address your non-argument based simply on the fact that you're obviously borderline retarded.
    Team Brown & Team Unicorn. Does that make me a Brown Unicorn?

  20. #3320
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    6,997

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GradStudentGuy View Post
    I think the Lion's Eye Diamonds and Jaces will end up staying close to the new SGC price point. The people who own those cards are dedicated Storm or Control players. These players are unlikely to cash in at this price point. I mean who really sells off Jaces or LED's unless they are leaving the format.
    I sold 4 FOIL Jaces to SCG yesterday ^^
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

    Join us at Facebook!

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

    Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)