Page 168 of 343 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

  1. #3341
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAardvark View Post
    I would hazard a guess that Worldwake was among the most opened second sets ever, honestly. People were looking to win the Jace lottery, and it made them buy boxes/packs for ridiculous markups and crack them in hopes of finding Jace.
    It only started being opened so much after it went out of print. World wake got shorted a print run because initial sales were so low.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

  2. #3342

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    So Tabernacles are now $500 and Underground Seas are $200 on SCG. Legacy is getting very expressive for new players.

  3. #3343
    Site Contributor
    Esper3k's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2008
    Location

    Houston, TX
    Posts

    2,057

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GradStudentGuy View Post
    So Tabernacles are now $500 and Underground Seas are $200 on SCG. Legacy is getting very expressive for new players.
    New players probably shouldn't start with decks with Tabernacle in them...

  4. #3344
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    200 Dollar USea.... Yep. I dont know what to think right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  5. #3345
    Site Contributor
    Esper3k's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2008
    Location

    Houston, TX
    Posts

    2,057

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    200 Dollar USea.... Yep. I dont know what to think right now.
    Be glad you already have a set?

  6. #3346
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I only have 2 :/

    Being a college student I gradually pick stuff up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  7. #3347
    Site Contributor
    Esper3k's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2008
    Location

    Houston, TX
    Posts

    2,057

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I only have 2 :/

    Being a college student I gradually pick stuff up.
    Then be sad you didn't pick up the last 2 earlier?

    Spend some of that college loan $$$!

    That being said, at least if you pick them up now, you can be fairly confident they'll retain their value (or increase again).

  8. #3348
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I may grab some Volcanics. They are the highest played Blue Dual I believe right? So they must follow
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  9. #3349
    Site Contributor
    Esper3k's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2008
    Location

    Houston, TX
    Posts

    2,057

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I may grab some Volcanics. They are the highest played Blue Dual I believe right? So they must follow
    I'd say Trops myself. Really any of them are fine. Tundras also see a lot of play as well.

  10. #3350

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I may grab some Volcanics. They are the highest played Blue Dual I believe right? So they must follow
    I was thinking the same. The only blue duals I am missing are Volcanics and the last thing I need is the shell out an extra $20-$30 a piece because I missed the boat.

  11. #3351
    Site Contributor
    Esper3k's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2008
    Location

    Houston, TX
    Posts

    2,057

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Really, picking up Eternal staples (duals, fetches, FoW, Wastelands, Tarmogoyf, etc.) is never a bad idea if you don't have them already.

  12. #3352
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,133

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GradStudentGuy View Post
    So Tabernacles are now $500 and Underground Seas are $200 on SCG. Legacy is getting very expressive for new players.
    So what you're telling us is that the %QUERY_HIGHEST_COST_RETAILER price is the industry standard for pricing cards?

    This is poor decision making and poor analysis.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

  13. #3353

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    So what you're telling us is that the %QUERY_HIGHEST_COST_RETAILER price is the industry standard for pricing cards?

    This is poor decision making and poor analysis.
    When SCG ups its prices on eternal staples by $50 and $200 it has a large effect on the market as a whole. Sure Seas may be cheaper on other sites but they are going to follow the price increase. Because of this when SCG ups its price its a good indicator where the market is headed.

  14. #3354
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,133

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GradStudentGuy View Post
    When SCG ups its prices on eternal staples by $50 and $200 it has a large effect on the market as a whole. Sure Seas may be cheaper on other sites but they are going to follow the price increase. Because of this when SCG ups its price its a good indicator where the market is headed.
    So it stands to reason that the floor of prices are SCG's buylist, and the ceiling for prices are SCG's sell prices. The band between these two is more or less established for STRICT NM.

    Most cards are not STRICT NM.

    Tabernacle's range is thus: $300-500.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

  15. #3355

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    So it stands to reason that the floor of prices are SCG's buylist, and the ceiling for prices are SCG's sell prices. The band between these two is more or less established for STRICT NM.

    Most cards are not STRICT NM.

    Tabernacle's range is thus: $300-500.
    That is absolutely correct, the minimum base price has increased due to SCG's buy power in the market.

  16. #3356
    Salt of the earth

    Join Date

    May 2009
    Location

    Canada
    Posts

    4,685

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    So it stands to reason that the floor of prices are SCG's buylist, and the ceiling for prices are SCG's sell prices. The band between these two is more or less established for STRICT NM.

    Most cards are not STRICT NM.

    Tabernacle's range is thus: $300-500.
    Tabernacles went up a bit, but they're not $500 for sure. I still don't feel bad at buying at 70 and selling at 240 and keeping my singleton and selling the other six.

    -Matt

  17. #3357
    Member
    mini1337s's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2011
    Location

    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts

    614

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Tabernacles went up a bit, but they're not $500 for sure. I still don't feel bad at buying at 70 and selling at 240 and keeping my singleton and selling the other six.

    -Matt
    I am excited to see how many people actually panic buy Tabernacles at $500. Considering it sees play in... 43 Lands... and... Pox? Hurrah for Tier 2 decks with "$500" cards.

  18. #3358
    Member
    jamesh's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Zealand
    Posts

    348

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    also in vintage
    mtgpimp

  19. #3359
    Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    kiblast's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Somewhere in Europe.
    Posts

    1,232

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    also in vintage
    Which deck also wants Tabernacle apart from UR Landstill (in which it's not really essential but it's a good addition) ? MUD Prison?

    Anyway 500$ is ridiculous. I need to finish my set of Moats before it finally jumps like The Abyss and Tabernacle.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

  20. #3360
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jan 2010
    Posts

    69

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kiblast View Post
    Which deck also wants Tabernacle apart from UR Landstill (in which it's not really essential but it's a good addition) ? MUD Prison?
    Yes, it's played as a sideboard card in MUD.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)