Page 107 of 134 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2665

Thread: [Deck] 43 Lands

  1. #2121

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    I'm loving that list. Only issue I see is that it seems very soft to Geist of St Traft. It's a completely different take on lands though. It's extremely combo-centric. Also, a surgical extraction on dark depths leaves you without a win-con unless you count punishing fire. Looks sweet.

  2. #2122

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by ac3eb View Post
    I'm loving that list. Only issue I see is that it seems very soft to Geist of St Traft. It's a completely different take on lands though. It's extremely combo-centric. Also, a surgical extraction on dark depths leaves you without a win-con unless you count punishing fire. Looks sweet.
    Yes. I feel like some number of factories or rager should be played.

  3. #2123
    Rawr
    snorlaxcom's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    Ecuador
    Posts

    410

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    dunno if he went 7-1 like mentioned because scg says the list is placed below 700th...

  4. #2124

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    From the final standings of the invitational it looks like he finished with 33 points so the 7-1 seems legit. In the legacy tournament it does look like he did very poorly (6 points, drop), though we're not sure if he played the same deck or not.

  5. #2125
    Member

    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Location

    Leicester, UK
    Posts

    609

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    dunno if he went 7-1 like mentioned because scg says the list is placed below 700th...
    I think that means he finished 7-0-1 not 701st; I really doubt they got that many players to an event.
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

  6. #2126
    Rawr
    snorlaxcom's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    Ecuador
    Posts

    410

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by lyracian View Post
    I think that means he finished 7-0-1 not 701st; I really doubt they got that many players to an event.
    I was saying if he did go 7-1 he couldn't have then ranked so low with 710th place unless he really scrubbed in the other portion of the invitational.

  7. #2127
    Member
    astormbrewing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Maryland
    Posts

    139

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    I was saying if he did go 7-1 he couldn't have then ranked so low with 710th place unless he really scrubbed in the other portion of the invitational.
    He went 7-1: https://twitter.com/scglive/status/361260674199990272

    As you can see, they have those placings to signify their records.

    They don't have final standings up, but at the end of round 15 (of 16) he was in 19th: http://8e8460c4912582c4e519-11fcbfd8...321000000.html

    According to Facebook, he finished 13th.
    L2 Judge

  8. #2128

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Why not vesuva in any of the land decks? Wouldnt it do the same as Thespians except of coming tapped into the game?

  9. #2129
    of Eternity
    Dissolution's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2006
    Location

    Morioka, Japan
    Posts

    52

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by losernoob View Post
    Why not vesuva in any of the land decks? Wouldnt it do the same as Thespians except of coming tapped into the game?
    Vesuva enters the battlefield as a copy of the land, so it would enter with 10 counters (if copying Dark Depths).
    -T

  10. #2130
    Rawr
    snorlaxcom's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    Ecuador
    Posts

    410

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by losernoob View Post
    Why not vesuva in any of the land decks? Wouldnt it do the same as Thespians except of coming tapped into the game?
    Stage has the ability to save a tabernacle and other utility land from a timely opposing wasteland activation. It can also copy chasm at eot or even during upkeep to avoid a high upkeep cost and keep a shield going. The ability to recopy is also very useful as I have copied a port then a colored land to transmute my tolaria west, then finally get Marit Lage on board. Before, Vesuva acted as a waste against opposing legendary lands and another bojuka bog, but since those two scenarios are no longer relevant I'm sticking with stage.

  11. #2131

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Okay I am pretty new to magic so thanks for explanation. Right now I am playing 12post but I think about playing the lands deck... since I am pretty frustrated that i nearly always lose to combodecks i want to know how strong the deck really is. I mean, are there turn 2 kill possibilities? I could also buy the dreamshalls-deck cards and play unfair, so which deck has more "nightmare setups" and kills faster? Also i only see Eternal Garden from june having a top 8 finish - what about the dark depths variant ? He finished 13th and thats good i guess but how often is it possible for that deck to achieve it? As i read the thread i nearly see the same problems as in the 12post thread.

  12. #2132
    Member

    Join Date

    Dec 2010
    Location

    North Atlantic Ocean
    Posts

    194

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    The blue less lands list wants me to include Scapeshift Valakut in it ^^

  13. #2133
    Member

    Join Date

    Nov 2007
    Location

    Germany
    Posts

    70

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by losernoob View Post
    Okay I am pretty new to magic so thanks for explanation. Right now I am playing 12post but I think about playing the lands deck... since I am pretty frustrated that i nearly always lose to combodecks i want to know how strong the deck really is. I mean, are there turn 2 kill possibilities? I could also buy the dreamshalls-deck cards and play unfair, so which deck has more "nightmare setups" and kills faster? Also i only see Eternal Garden from june having a top 8 finish - what about the dark depths variant ? He finished 13th and thats good i guess but how often is it possible for that deck to achieve it? As i read the thread i nearly see the same problems as in the 12post thread.
    If you're tired losing to combo, you should definitly not pick up Lands. The deck is strong but you kind of have to hit the right matchups (Lands has very polarized matchups).
    I'd say it's roughly:
    Tendrils, High Tide, Show and Tell, stuff like Dragon Stompy –– awful
    Elves, Enchantress, Miracles –– bad
    Jund, Deathblade, Shardless BUG, Maverick –– favorable
    Delver, Goblins, Merfolk, Dredge, Stoneblade, Death and Taxes, stuff that wants to attack and doesn't run Deathrite –– very favorable

    Stage-Depths-Lands has a possible turn two kill (Manabond, Stage, Depths, 3 manaproducing lands), but that will happen once in a blue moon. Lands is rather known for its glacial slow kill speed and even though Stage-Depths somewhat helps with that, you probably still want a stable board and mana denial before going all in for that.

  14. #2134

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Thanks for the answer - well the friend i play most with plays omnishow(with sneak), monoblue omni, tin fins and delver. What makes me hate the matchups so much is that you can just sit there and watch without counterspells when they pick up the right hand. 12post aka turboeldrazi feels just so slow and thats why i want a faster deck with some more action than just spinning tops until i can cast an eldrazi (in case of lands - wasteland, port, etc.). Turn 2 kill possible sounds good, even if its rare. But you people say lands definetly is strong but not like for example delver or show and tell with top 8 finish every tourney?

  15. #2135
    Rawr
    snorlaxcom's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    Ecuador
    Posts

    410

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by losernoob View Post
    Thanks for the answer - well the friend i play most with plays omnishow(with sneak), monoblue omni, tin fins and delver. What makes me hate the matchups so much is that you can just sit there and watch without counterspells when they pick up the right hand. 12post aka turboeldrazi feels just so slow and thats why i want a faster deck with some more action than just spinning tops until i can cast an eldrazi (in case of lands - wasteland, port, etc.). Turn 2 kill possible sounds good, even if its rare. But you people say lands definetly is strong but not like for example delver or show and tell with top 8 finish every tourney?
    Playing the deck for a week now I am sure it doesn't have as many high finishes because of card availability and the pilot's preference. It's also not so glamorous like Ichorid or Tendrils so people dismiss the deck entirely and say it's too slow for the format as the safe bet right now is a deathriteshaman+bluestuff.dec. Lands can be frustrating at first but stick with it! The deck has some very satisfying victories and can wreck the fragile manabases of the meta. But as was said before, don't play this if you want your rounds to end early because this is a slow prison/control deck. Some people may despise playing with you as I had an opponent concede g3 last weekend because g2 took too long and he needed a break.

  16. #2136

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Sounds good, I like long games! I think that the scg site is pretty confusing... how did Kurt play with the deck, 7-1? 7 wins 1 loss? What about the 710th place, is it a mistake ?

  17. #2137
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Considering that there werent 710 people there... Yes. If you look at the other deck lists they all are ranked that. I think that they used that to show what there record was. For example 710 means 7-1-0 or 701 means 7-0-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  18. #2138

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Okay, just want to be sure I am not investing in garbage... or better said a deck thats mainly unfavored. I want a total good legacy deck but an unusual extraordinary deck, not what every1 plays.

  19. #2139
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    I mean if you are buying this stuff you will have the basic lands shell... And if you are investing in lands then you probably can afford to switch around other cards later. I think the deck is cool and all, but it feels like it may not be as good as the normal lands builds that play the combo but are not purely focused on the combo like this one is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  20. #2140
    Site Contributor
    apple713's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2012
    Location

    Manhattan, NY
    Posts

    2,086

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by losernoob View Post
    Okay, just want to be sure I am not investing in garbage... or better said a deck thats mainly unfavored. I want a total good legacy deck but an unusual extraordinary deck, not what every1 plays.
    you may consider enchantress in that case.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

    Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

    Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

    why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)