Page 63 of 119 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2375

Thread: [Deck] U/R Delver

  1. #1241
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2013
    Location

    Turin
    Posts

    14

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    what are the targets on which you will usually use the stifle?

  2. #1242
    Member
    FANAttIC's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts

    262

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    Main targets are probably still fetches to maximize Daze.
    That is why this version runs Wasteland instead of Price.
    It is impossible to play around Daze against this deck.
    In the meantime, the "power 5" member is churning tokens.

    M14 was so kind to my legacy needs, I got Tidebinder for merfolks and YP for this.
    It's hard to find enough torunaments to play both decks .
    There are two legacy tournaments near me in a month: BOM Paris and a smaller one in my country.
    I now have to clear my schedule and find some money lying around

  3. #1243
    Member

    Join Date

    Jun 2012
    Location

    Atlanta, GA
    Posts

    0

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    reforge the souls then 3 burn spells ot the dome.
    Why do you have to play a clunky card to do this? gross.

  4. #1244
    Member

    Join Date

    Jun 2012
    Location

    Atlanta, GA
    Posts

    0

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by FANAttIC View Post

    ur pyrodelver splits the finals with maverick. If anyone still suspects that Pyromancer is not a fifth member of 1C megacycle, well...

    Main:
    Creatures (15)

    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Goblin Guide
    3 Grim Lavamancer
    4 Young Pyromancer
    Lands (18)

    1 Island
    1 Mountain
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland
    Spells (27)

    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    3 Force of Will
    4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Spell Pierce
    4 Stifle
    3 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Ponder


    Sideboard

    3 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Electrickery
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    3 Smash to Smithereens
    3 Submerge
    I'd be really scared to play this against a stoneforge deck, only 4 bolts. And this list looks really confused. It is giving up a lot of the reach to play a similar gameplan like RUG while still playing worse cards like Goblin Guide. I think if you want to play this kind of strategy you need to dip in to green or black. Probably green. I played grixis at the last open in ATL, I enjoyed it but I just felt behind in the RUG matchup.

  5. #1245
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2013
    Location

    Turin
    Posts

    14

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew.Schneider View Post

    I'd be really scared to play this against a stoneforge deck, only 4 bolts. And this list looks really confused. It is giving up a lot of the reach to play a similar gameplan like RUG while still playing worse cards like Goblin Guide. I think if you want to play this kind of strategy you need to dip in to green or black. Probably green. I played grixis at the last open in ATL, I enjoyed it but I just felt behind in the RUG matchup.
    this evening I try thos list vs goblin and i m agree whit Andrew. for me chain lightning or fireblast are necessary.

    ps. this list have a wonderful race :-)

  6. #1246
    Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    ivanpei's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts

    1,202

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    Imo 7 removal spells +3 Grims to me is the absolute minimum. Since the best 4 are bolts, Dismember, Chain and Forked Bolt are fighting for the other slots.

    Imo Price of Progress and Fireblast are finishers and should not eat into the removal space above. I personally run 4 bolts, 3 Forked bolt, 3 dismember and 1 rushing river. I max out the removal but had to sacrifice probes.

    To be honest I hate probes in this deck. Yes it's good with YP and gives you information but it has its problems.

    1. It floods you with lands. I flood way more often with probes because unlike other cantrips, I don't choose what I draw.
    2. The pain limits other pain cards like dismember. Playing dismember and probe in the same deck is a nightmare. I find that dismember is >>> probe in terms or importance.
    3. Probes info is irrelevant in stifleless builds. Since we don't run stifles, the information from probe doesn't help us decide if we should tap out for a threat or not. This deck is balls to the wall aggro and we are tapping out everyturn for dudes or burn.

    Yp is good with Probe but other than him, probe does not combo with much else in the deck. I'm currently back to zero probes and am much happier.

  7. #1247
    Member
    blindspotxxx's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2012
    Location

    Manila, Philippines
    Posts

    160

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    Still can't deny his finish from 400 players. I dislike his sideboard though, too many REB effects

  8. #1248

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    What do you guys think about playing flame rift?

  9. #1249

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by attemanden View Post
    What do you guys think about playing flame rift?
    Sorcery speed burn is kind of meh in my opinion.

    It has a big problem of being 4 mana to cast this with Snapcaster too. If we want to play instants/sorceries with cmc>1 then the land cannot function so well with the low land count. It might be worth trying but I think it changes the aim of the deck.

  10. #1250
    Member
    KobeBryan's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2011
    Location

    Arcadia, CA
    Posts

    2,232

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    i see some of andrew's list that runs only 2 dazes. how good is daze when you have guide to give them so many lands.

    there's got to be another card that adds fuel to the burn or counters.

  11. #1251

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    i see some of andrew's list that runs only 2 dazes. how good is daze when you have guide to give them so many lands.

    there's got to be another card that adds fuel to the burn or counters.
    I am planning to test a UR delver deck with 2-3 thunderous wraths supported by Portent. I like wraths as burn and portent is timing the draw nicely for miracle. Also you can mini-fate seal the opponent if you need to. Of course Portent will not replace Ponder completely.

  12. #1252

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    I played two thunderous wraths in G-Guide version. I hated to see them in my opening seven without brainstorm, more so if grip was otherways fine. It gave some explosive reach, but making you use your mana when it came up from top of the deck didn't feel good and like Andrew has written in his UR primer, you don't want to make brainstorm work too much for you, since it already is doing huge work helping you not dying to flood.

    But yeah, not to say that feeling when you put two thunderous wraths on top with brainstorm isn't pretty nice. You just feel that everything is going to be okay... Test them for yourself and see if they suit your playstyle.

    Cheers,
    Jani
    UR brother from another mother

  13. #1253
    Member

    Join Date

    Oct 2004
    Location

    Earth
    Posts

    112

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    So syfilix did you try a UR Nivmagus deck with Young Pyromancer yet?

  14. #1254

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    Haven't actually. I feel bad about playing Gitaxian probes and such and I do not have slots for 4 pyros as it is and 2 snapcasters feel like better lategame draws.
    But I must test them in some playtest session and see if the list needs lots of adapting to them

  15. #1255
    Member

    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Montreal, Qc
    Posts

    80

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanpei View Post
    The deck's nightmare are creature heavy midrange matchups and removal is needed to clear blockers.
    What would you run in that meta? Your list with 3 Dismember?

  16. #1256

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    I know the different oppinions of Vexing Devil, but do anyone think that making a build of VD + unearth (grixis mana base) would lead anywhere?

    No matter what, the Vexing Devil fits either the burn plan or the fast-beater role, so would it make sense to try and put VD back into play with unearth so opponent have to lose another 4 life or face the devil after all?

  17. #1257
    Member
    KobeBryan's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2011
    Location

    Arcadia, CA
    Posts

    2,232

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    I know the different oppinions of Vexing Devil, but do anyone think that making a build of VD + unearth (grixis mana base) would lead anywhere?

    No matter what, the Vexing Devil fits either the burn plan or the fast-beater role, so would it make sense to try and put VD back into play with unearth so opponent have to lose another 4 life or face the devil after all?
    The problem is what do you propose to take out?

  18. #1258
    Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    ivanpei's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts

    1,202

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by Heresy View Post
    What would you run in that meta? Your list with 3 Dismember?
    In a midrange fest yes I would play my 3 Dismember UR list (with 4 Submerge in the board). Either that or maybe some type of combo (Storm) or control (Miracles).

    Cutting probes really hasn't hurt me, my lines of play still remain similar with or without probes. Since you want to drop all your creatures ASAP and burn stuff up. I get less explosives Pyromancer hands, but having 1/2 tokens less does not really matter as much as staring at a Tarmogoyf/KOTR (no dismember) I can't kill or flooding.

  19. #1259
    Member
    Ayotte's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Madison, WI
    Posts

    39

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    My friend Kendrick got a deck tech with a U/R delver splashing niv magus & flusterstorm today. Thought you guys might be interested.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC0Jjt-99z4

  20. #1260
    Member
    KobeBryan's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2011
    Location

    Arcadia, CA
    Posts

    2,232

    Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayotte View Post
    My friend Kendrick got a deck tech with a U/R delver splashing niv magus & flusterstorm today. Thought you guys might be interested.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC0Jjt-99z4
    I actually really hate nivamus elemental. I rather just run snapcasters. Its too conditional and the only card I really want to exile is flusterstorm. I don't really want ot exile my counters or my bolts.

    And 16 lands? dayam.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)