Page 91 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 4544

Thread: [Deck] Aggro Loam

  1. #1801
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    I agree. Im just toying with ideas. At some point I'm sure that my designs will not even be 4 Color loam variants anymore. Such a blurred line between Lands and a 4 Color Loam deck I suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  2. #1802

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I agree. Im just toying with ideas. At some point I'm sure that my designs will not even be 4 Color loam variants anymore. Such a blurred line between Lands and a 4 Color Loam deck I suppose
    There's some interesting Punishing Fire/Young Pyromancer brewing over in Developing: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...romancer/page4. I think that sort of idea might be along the lines of what you're toying with?

  3. #1803
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Went 1-2 tonight. Had a lot of fun though! Man legacy and this deck are both great. I probably should've been 2-1, but my death and taxes opponent had an early batterskull and he had a third port for my maze. I played my normal list except a scavenging ooze over the second goyf, toxic deluge in the board over perish, and 2 golgari charm over teeg and the side board decay. Deluge was really really good. After devastating my MUD OPPONENT for all of his lands he still hard cast a blightsteel and equipped greaves forcing me to chump with Kotr. I ripped a land and deluged for 11 to kill the blightsteel. Then game two he got chalice for 2 but I won with KOTR and a pile of bear tokens from grizzly gate which I boarded in over chalice. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  4. #1804

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Went 1-2 tonight. Had a lot of fun though! Man legacy and this deck are both great. I probably should've been 2-1, but my death and taxes opponent had an early batterskull and he had a third port for my maze. I played my normal list except a scavenging ooze over the second goyf, toxic deluge in the board over perish, and 2 golgari charm over teeg and the side board decay. Deluge was really really good. After devastating my MUD OPPONENT for all of his lands he still hard cast a blightsteel and equipped greaves forcing me to chump with Kotr. I ripped a land and deluged for 11 to kill the blightsteel. Then game two he got chalice for 2 but I won with KOTR and a pile of bear tokens from grizzly gate which I boarded in over chalice. Lol.
    I hope you got to Flashback that Grizzly Fate.

  5. #1805
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Unfortunately no :/ the bears killed him haha. I also played against tyrio on 43 lands. He ended up getting stage depths game one after I slaughter games his loam, and he finds tolaria west. I don't find any waste to interact. Game two he gets a ghost quarter lock on me and I scoop. Grizzly is my for fun local wish target. Probably like almost strictly worse than Wurm Harvest in most cases.

    Do you agree with this board plan vs the MUD deck?

    -4 Chalice of the Void
    +1 Grizzly Fate
    +1 Slaughter Games
    +1 Dreadbore
    +1 Devastating Dreams

    I figured chalice is actually just a dead card vs him. Then I also figured I wanted my Hull Breach to actually wish for along with Loam, chainers, and deluge, so I brought in wish targets that are not dead, but ones that I wouldnt want to spend a turn wishing for. (note: at SCG ATL the Grizzly Fate was a Maelstrom Pulse).
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  6. #1806

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    If I'm playing Metalworker I'm bringing in Crypt against you or Crucibles to prevent you from Strip locking me. I may also take Trinisphere out against your deck also, especially on the draw. I'm not sure what Slaughter Games is good for, are you randomly naming his best man? E.g. Wurmcoil Engine or Steel Hellkite?

  7. #1807
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    If I'm playing Metalworker I'm bringing in Crypt against you or Crucibles to prevent you from Strip locking me. I may also take Trinisphere out against your deck also, especially on the draw. I'm not sure what Slaughter Games is good for, are you randomly naming his best man? E.g. Wurmcoil Engine or Steel Hellkite?
    So you think keeping in Chalice to put it on 1 would have been better? I guess I didnt post anything about it, but after I Deluged His Blightsteel Away in G1 he slams a Metalworker and staff of domination and kills me. So I guess I was hoping to slaughtergames his Metalworker or something. He did bring in crypt but it didnt hurt me too badly. My natural reaction is to bring out chalices vs another chalice deck. And the only other options that I could think of were Thalia's because reverent silence, Golgari Charms, and Massacre seem terrible. Thalia I didnt want to bring in however because if he gets a lodestone after I make a Thalia, I might just lock myself out of the game. Which is why I brought in the 4 wish targets that I didnt think would be worth my time wishing for, but weren't completely dead. I mean I definitely might be wrong. That was just my thought process. It is just super awkward when boarding with the deck a lot of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  8. #1808

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Hi :)

    I played the 4 color loam deck that played jeff hoogland in the past, but with changes... but with the actually metagame I think that is not the great deck to play with a lot of nemesis and show decks.

    I'm testing this list for GP paris:

    1 marsh flats
    4 verdant catacombs
    2 bayou
    2 scrubland
    2 savannah
    1 forest
    1 swamp
    2 tranquil thicket
    2 barren moor
    1 karakas
    1 maze of ith
    1 horizon canopy
    1 treetop village
    4 wasteland
    3 dark confidant
    3 knight of the reliquary
    1 gaddock teeg
    3 deathrite shaman
    2 liliana of the veil
    2 sylvan library
    4 mox diamond
    4 chalice of the void
    3 abrupt decay
    4 hymn to tourach
    3 life from the loam
    1 green sun’s zenith
    2 engineered explosives


    SIDEBOARD

    4 ethersworn canonist
    3 oblivion ring
    2 thoughtseize
    1 gaddock teeg
    1 scavenging ooze
    1 abrupt decay
    2 golgari charm
    1 maelstrom pulse

    This list is similar to the 4 color loam, but is only 3 color loam (red is not good color to kill TNN) and I change:

    · burning wishes for hymn to tourach (hymn on turn 1 is not bad, and discard for combo can do that we win more than burning wish)

    · devastating dreams for engineered explosives (engineered is more versatile because we can cast that from 1 to 5 with the moxes, and we can destroy batterskull or jace with that! And explosives destroy TNN, devastating dreams is not good to kill TNN).

    ·punishing fire for deathrite shaman. Deathrite shaman is so good when we are playing with dredge and reanimator, remove the cards in the graveyards can do the tarmogoyf a small creature and the objectives of the snapcaster mage, in addition we can win time with TNN with the 2 lifes that can we win. And we can cast that with chalice of the void in play with the green sun's zenith.

    2 grove of the burnwillows for 1 horizon canopy and 1 abrupt decay. Horizon canopy with loam is another land to draw extra cards, and we can find that with the Knight of the reliquary. The third abrupt decay is in main because we not play punishing fire and we need cards to destroy creatures (deathrite, delver, tarmo...) and other cards (sylvan library, liliana, jitte...)


    The sideboard is focused to combo decks, because we have 4 ethersworn canonist, 2 thoughtseize, 1 more gaddock and 3 oblivion ring(show decks), that with cards in main I think that we can win combo decks.
    Abrupt decay and maelstrom pulse are to kill creatures and cards in second and third games that we need destroy.
    Golgari charm is another card to kill TNN, and is so good with elves, death and taxes, goblins...
    scavenging ooze I don't know if is good or not. I'm thinking from this card xD.


    What are you think about the deck? You think that can be competitive deck in gp paris? Or you would do changes in the list?

    Please I need help with ideas and comments to improve the deck :D

  9. #1809

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Playing one drops in your Chalice of the Void deck is going to get you a bad time - regardless of how good DRS is.

    ~Jeff

  10. #1810

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    I know that drs with chalice of the void is not the best, but not always we hace the chalice of the void in play. Drs is good t1 if we have not mox diamond+2 lands to play costs 2 and we can cast costs 3 in turn 2 or cost 2 and cycle.In addition, we can cast the drs with the green suns zenith with chalice in play.

    Is the best cost1 that we can put, because the other option that I think is stp but is the worst with chalice.

  11. #1811
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Eh. I'd rather either be all in on chalice, or not. Like either play chalice with no 2 drops, or dont play chalice and play DRS and Thoughtseize as your disruption. I do agree however that the deck is not particularly amazing right now which is why I have not been playing it. Sneak attack is difficult to impossible to beat, I still have trouble with D&T if they have early batterskull or something, and TNN proved to be difficult to deal with since our big sweeper in the deck was damage based. Couple all of that with people in my local meta still running GY hate out the ass and yuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  12. #1812

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Eh. I'd rather either be all in on chalice, or not. Like either play chalice with no 2 drops, or dont play chalice and play DRS and Thoughtseize as your disruption. I do agree however that the deck is not particularly amazing right now which is why I have not been playing it. Sneak attack is difficult to impossible to beat, I still have trouble with D&T if they have early batterskull or something, and TNN proved to be difficult to deal with since our big sweeper in the deck was damage based. Couple all of that with people in my local meta still running GY hate out the ass and yuck.
    Disagree that Sneak and Show/D&T are bad match ups.

    TNN puts too much stress on Burning Wish though.

  13. #1813
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    I agree at least on the D&T portion. That isn't actually a bad MU, but I do have a lot of games where they just have a ton of mana denial and I never got to hit lands drops and died to Thalia or something. I dont think it is that bad of a MU, especially since Massacre was added to the wish board. As for SnS, show and tell isn't an issue. It is the quick sneak attack hands that really give me fits. Of course chalice can prevent them from sculpting their hand, but sometimes they just have it. Maybe my opponents are just luckier than I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  14. #1814

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Sneak attack is not the worst MU from the deck, because karakas is good :) And if we can stopped 1 turn, we have the option to destroy the sneak. Omnitell decks are more difficult to win xD
    Death and taxes, with devastating dreams, punishing fire, abrupt decay, massacre and toxic deluge is easy to win... I never lose with D&T deck.

    TNN in decks that not play white... is more difficult.. because we need cast the massacre for 4 lands and it's not good. For this reason I have put the liliana's of the veil and the engineered explosives to kill that, because devastating dreams not kill TNN.

    Would you do changes on my list? It's good idea remove red?

    What do you think from my decklist?

  15. #1815

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Im still playing loam, but I made a lot of changes since TNN realese

    Creatures
    4 Knight of the Reliquary
    3 Countryside Crusher
    3 Dark Confidant
    1 Scavenging Ooze

    Spells
    3 Life from the Loam
    4 Burning Wish
    2 Seismic Assault
    1 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Punishing Fire
    1 Golgari Charm
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Mox Diamond

    Lands
    4 Wooded Foothills
    1 Forest
    2 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Fire-lit Thicket
    2 Taiga
    1 Badlands
    1 Plateau
    1 Savannah
    1 Bayou
    4 Wastelands
    3 Tranquil Thicket
    2 Forgotten Cave
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Skarrg, the Rage Pit
    1 Karakas

    SB
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    3 Thoughtseize
    1 Life from the Loam
    1 Devastating Dreams
    1 Massacre
    1 Chainer's Edict
    1 Hull Breach
    1 Silence Reverence
    2 Golgari Charm

    Im still testing this version, but it has shown good results. Crusher + KOTR represents a huge pressure on the board. Skarrg let me to get over the little annoying TNN and Mother of Runes. Devastating dreams has turned bad lately with all UW TNN-blades... but golgari charm does a pretty good job in this MU.

  16. #1816

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Why not Wolf Run?
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

    I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

  17. #1817

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Why not Wolf Run?
    Since im running seismic assault, keeping lands in my hand is better than placing them into the field. But both options are good enough.

  18. #1818
    Member

    Join Date

    Jan 2014
    Location

    Germany
    Posts

    44

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    This is my version of Aggro Loam:

    Lands:
    2x Taiga
    1x Forest
    4x Wasteland
    1x Mountain
    2x Badlands
    1x Savannah
    2x Windswept Heath
    1x Bloodstained Mire
    1x Plateau
    1x Bojuka Bog
    4x Wooded Foothills
    1x Forgotten Cave
    1x Volrath's Stronghold
    3x Tranquil Thicket
    1x Maze of Ith

    Artefakte:
    2x Engineered Explosives
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Mox Diamond

    Creature:
    4x Knight of the Reliquary
    4x Countryside Crusher
    4x Dark Confidant

    Enchantment:
    2x Seismic Assault

    Instant:
    3x Abrupt Decay

    Socery:
    3x Life from the Loam
    4x Burning Wish


    SB:
    2x Leyline of the Void
    1x Life From the Loam
    1x Timely Reinforcements
    1x Chainers's Edict


    It is somthing between the Old School 3c (RGB) list and the 4c Knight Loam. I prefer to play Seismic Assault over Punishing Fire cause it can handle bigger Creatures and kill your opponent.
    I play it at FNM and often go 2-1.

    (sry for my bad English :P)

  19. #1819
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    Been brewing a list for fun. I'll probably test it out on Wednesday.

    Loam
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Mox Diamond
    4 Thoughtseize
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Life from the Loam
    1 Dryad Arbor
    2 Sylvan Library
    3 Natural Order
    1 Progenitus
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Eternal Witness
    3 Knight of the reliquary
    2 Darkblast
    1 Unburial Rites
    1 Crop Rotation
    4 Wasteland
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Dark Depths
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Forest
    1 Swamp
    1 Plains
    2 Tranquil Thicket
    1 Nantuko Monastery
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  20. #1820

    Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

    I learned natural order is not that good without U... you will draw progenitus oftenly... scryb ranger could be good for depths stage combo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)