Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 2665

Thread: [Deck] 43 Lands

  1. #2541
    Bob Ross
    Kap'n Cook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2012
    Location

    Baltimore
    Posts

    613

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by cuthbertthecat View Post
    For those of you interested, I've been doing a bit of streaming with Lands over the last several days. I've played 4 dailies total, 3 on stream 1 not, and I've gone 3-1 twice and 2-2 twice, with one of the 2-2's being a 3-1 if I had played tighter and one of the 3-1's being a 4-0 for the same reason. I've 3-1'd with both Intuition lands and R/G combo lands, I'm leaning more towards the combo one as it just seems so much more powerful. Anyway, the broadcasts should be recorded at www.twitch.tv/cuthbertthecat , and I plan on doing a lot more streaming with lands in the future.

    Rewatched your stream from a night ago. Crop rotating in response to my painter would not have mattered. I had an ensnaring bridge in hand that I would have dropped over holding up the blast.

  2. #2542
    When the Hell did we get Ice Cream?
    OneBigSquirrelGod's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2008
    Location

    NE Ohio
    Posts

    118

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Has anyone tried an intuition/crop rotation build together? And not in a little 12 man tournament either....
    [SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]

  3. #2543

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by OneBigSquirrelGod View Post
    Has anyone tried an intuition/crop rotation build together? And not in a little 12 man tournament either....
    I split the finals of a 56 man with a list running 3x Intuition 2x Crop Rotation. It's probably 2-3 pages back.

  4. #2544
    Rawr
    snorlaxcom's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    Ecuador
    Posts

    410

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by OneBigSquirrelGod View Post
    Has anyone tried an intuition/crop rotation build together? And not in a little 12 man tournament either....
    Yes. I go 3/3 and 3 twest for all my tourneys and did it for the gp richmond legacy challenge 3-1(130players+). I have been able to beat storm, ignore drs more often, and get fast ee locks. I am loving the fast access to karakas and grove. Having bog on tap has been an ace in the hole against decks going in blind vs me. Before, I had to wait to slow tutor with just twest to get a sweeper (tab) or grove out vs creature spamming decks and crop makes opposing wastes/ports less impactful against this gameplan.

  5. #2545

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    Rewatched your stream from a night ago. Crop rotating in response to my painter would not have mattered. I had an ensnaring bridge in hand that I would have dropped over holding up the blast.
    Well, makes me feel less bad about the play for sure, but it was still horribly wrong to do what I did with the information that I had.

  6. #2546
    When the Hell did we get Ice Cream?
    OneBigSquirrelGod's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2008
    Location

    NE Ohio
    Posts

    118

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    Yes. I go 3/3 and 3 twest for all my tourneys and did it for the gp richmond legacy challenge 3-1(130players+). I have been able to beat storm, ignore drs more often, and get fast ee locks. I am loving the fast access to karakas and grove. Having bog on tap has been an ace in the hole against decks going in blind vs me. Before, I had to wait to slow tutor with just twest to get a sweeper (tab) or grove out vs creature spamming decks and crop makes opposing wastes/ports less impactful against this gameplan.
    3/3 it is then! You coming down to Charlotte for the open this weekend? I know we talked about it before.
    [SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]

  7. #2547
    Rawr
    snorlaxcom's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    Ecuador
    Posts

    410

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Have to go to NY with family ): but give'em hell!

  8. #2548
    When the Hell did we get Ice Cream?
    OneBigSquirrelGod's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2008
    Location

    NE Ohio
    Posts

    118

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    Have to go to NY with family ): but give'em hell!
    So I'm in North Carolina, ready to play in the invitational, and was debating on which mainboard I want to run with. I decided on Intuition, because it just seems better than gamble, since I'm not running a full fledged combo deck. I know in most matches I sideboard out Intuition, as I assume gamble is the same way. The only matches I don't is dredge and goblins. Does anybody feel that I should keep it in for any of the tier one decks? Also, Chalice seems very kinda bad-ish against BUG (except for surgical extraction) Do you guys side it in? I plan on bringing in sphere of resistance in as a 3 of in that match, and possibly some Dark Confidants.
    [SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]

  9. #2549
    Rawr
    snorlaxcom's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    Ecuador
    Posts

    410

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    So chalice on one is nuts vs bug. If they dont have AD in hand they do literal nothing. Chalice for one is the standard vs most decks because it stops the md gameplan and almost all gy hate. They usually don't have enough art removal and ruins into chalice can also be a clock vs them. I am against little spheres vs them because they can still resolve relevant 2cmc permanents that will then make ee comical if I need to detonate on 2 (bob,library,ooze). Sphere also doesn't do much if they have drs out. I feel chalice is more devestating and independant of your initial 7 and better to muligan into, unlike sphere that needs mana denial backup and doesn't protect loam. I go; -3 intuition, -3crop, -1chasm, (-2port/-1port, -1dd)
    , +4chaliice, +3 bob, (+2revoker)

    Intuition is actually a sweet game vs tendrils. Chalice for 0 buys me enough time to tutor and lock them out with 3sphere. I leave an Intuiton or 2 in vs d&t because of thier minimal interaction. I sometimes have 1 vs jund but only because I go 3 ee.
    Last edited by snorlaxcom; 03-26-2014 at 10:18 PM.

  10. #2550

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Hi Guys,

    I'm from Brazil, and the last weekend I organized a Legacy Tornament with 30 players and I play Lands, of course. I made 4-0-1, but I lost in the Top 8.

    Here is the list I played:

    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    3 Maze of Ith
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    2 Tranquil Thicket
    2 Tolaria West
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Taiga
    1 Bayou
    1 Wooded Foothills
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Forest
    1 Creeping Tar Pit
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Karakas
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 Mox Diamond
    1 Zuran Orb
    2 Engineered Explosives
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Crop Rotation
    3 Intuition
    3 Punishing Fire
    4 Life from the Loam
    4 Exploration

    Sideboard

    4 Dark Confidant
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Chalice of the Void
    1 Meekstone
    3 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Torpor Orb
    1 Oblivion Stone
    2 Krosan Grip

    In sideboard I played with Meekston and Torpor Orb because I just want to test, and Meekstone is very good aginst True-Name Namesis and Torbor Orb against Stoneforge decks and Goblins. Maybe I use Meekstone again, but Torpor Orb it is not necessary.

    So this is the list I played in this championship.

    And in this championship I record some games. Here is the one I played.



    I don't remeber very good but I played against:

    Round 1 - BUG Delver

    I made 2 x 1

    Round 2 - BUG Delver

    I made 2 x 0

    Round 3 - BG (Here is the game of the video)

    I made 2 x 0

    Round 4 - UWr Stoneblade

    I made 2 x 1

    Round 5 - RIP Miracles

    Id

    Top 8 - BG

    I lost this match.

    So, what guys think about this List?

  11. #2551
    Member

    Join Date

    Dec 2010
    Location

    North Atlantic Ocean
    Posts

    194

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    I like Meekstone. And I like your Tabernacle playmat more :D

  12. #2552
    Member

    Join Date

    Jan 2014
    Location

    Colorado Springs
    Posts

    6

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrio View Post
    Hey guys, it was me that t8'ed in Nashville. They actually transcribed the list wrong; there are only 60 cards and 2 Tranquil Thickets. My record that day was:

    2-1 Affinity
    2-0 RUG Delver
    2-1 Merfolk
    2-0 RUG Delver
    1-2 BUG Delver
    2-1 UR Omnitell
    2-0 RG Combo Lands
    1-1-1 Deathblade (unintentional draw)
    1-0-1 Junk (went to time but I won game 1)

    0-2 Sneak and Show

    I designed the SB around the Sneak and Show because I absolutely despise the MU and bring in like 14 cards. It still wasn't enough in quarters though =/. I was thinking of maybe 1 Chalice in the board we could Westtolaria for and put on 0, but couldn't find space I didn't want to cut any more Bobs. Luckily for me I played against good match ups most of the day and only had to play 1 combo match in the Swiss (UR Omnitell - squeeked by with Spheres).

    Would we ever bring in Gilded Drake/Duplicant et. all in against other decks? I tend to shy away from such targeted SB cards but maybe that's what we have to do to beat the SnS menace.
    Do you have a specific sideboard plan that you follow? I've been playing an old Kovacs build for a while, but haven't updated anything in over a year. Wanted to get up to speed with some of the new changes.

  13. #2553

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Anen View Post
    I like Meekstone. And I like your Tabernacle playmat more :D
    The playmat is awesome. A friend of mine makes playmats, so I ask him to make one special for me.

    Now Meekstone is great, but in some games against TNN, I will make more tests in the sideboard.

  14. #2554

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by mahelfri94 View Post
    Do you have a specific sideboard plan that you follow? I've been playing an old Kovacs build for a while, but haven't updated anything in over a year. Wanted to get up to speed with some of the new changes.
    I've only been playing Lands for a few months (and at most only once a week or so) and my sideboard was kind of new and untested (Revokers and Swan Songs) so to be honest my sideboarding was kind erratic; I played a lot of it by ear.

    The Dark Confidants, Grips, Decay, EBridge and Spheres are pretty self-explanatory. Revokers come in against DRS, Miracles and combo. Swan Songs also comes in against combo, but they could potentially be used against decks like Miracles as well. It's definitely an untested card and I haven't had too much opportunity to see it in use. There's probably a very good chance that it's just worse than Chalice or additional sphere effects but I wanted to try and diversify my hate. No one expects their Blood Moons to turn into a bird ;)

    As for what came out, it was usually something like all the Intuitions, Manabond, Karakas and Bojuka Bog (if they had no use, obvs) for the Bobs, Decay and EBridge/Revokers against fair decks. After those first 6 cards it became just shaving off random mediocre stuff, like maybe Oblivion Stone against tempo, a Wasteland against Miracles, one Rishadan Port, etc.

  15. #2555

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Made the finals of a small local tournament today, my first time piloting the deck. My list was:

    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Exploration
    2 Engineered Explosives
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Zuran Orb

    4 Life From the Loam
    3 Intuition
    3 Punishing Fire
    2 Crop Rotation

    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Tranquil Thicket
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    3 Maze of Ith
    3 Tropical Island
    2 Tolaria West
    2 Thespian's Stage
    2 Dark Depths
    1 Forest
    3 Green Fetch
    1 Taiga
    1 Glacial Chasm
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Bayou
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Ghost Quarter
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port

    SB
    3 Krosan Grip
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Phyrexian Revoker

    Round 1: Affinity 2-0, 1-0
    Game 1 he Thoughtseizes turn 1on the draw and takes an Intuition over Crop Rotation/Crucible, then plays a couple inconsequential creatures. I play out a Mox Diamond and Crucible, and ship the turn. He lands a Tezzeret on turn 2, and I untap and draw the second Crop Rotation. He floods the board but doesn't have a flier, so I combo out. I bring in Revokers, K-Grips, and I believe some Bobs.

    Game 2 Tabernacle and Port keep his forces manageable, I naturally draw the combo and Grip his blocker to swing for lethal.

    Both games he was representing lethal the turn after I killed him; quickly assembling the combo seems to be the best option in this matchup.

    Round 2: RIP/Helm MUD 2-0, 2-0
    Game 1 I wastelock him early, seeing only a Cavern on Construct, a Voltaic Key, and several Ancient Dens. Not entirely sure what his list looks like, I bring in Grips, Revokers, and Ensnaring Bridge.

    Game 2: I get double Port going, but he has a mana-heavy draw featuring Grim Monolith. Luckily I am able to keep him off white mana long enough to assemble the Combo. I do make a mistake in not immediately cashing in Engineered Explosives on his Staff of Domination, allowing him to untap and draw a card. It does more than combo off it seems :p

    This matchup seems tough with MD RIP and mana-rocks, but I was able to pull it out regardless.

    Round 3: Esper Deathblade 1-0-1, 3-0
    Game 1: He lands double Deathrite early, but after fighting through a couple counterspells, I EE them away, and then a TNN follow-up. This was a long, drawn-out game that took about 40 minutes. He StP'd 3 Marit Lages, and saw 4 Deathrites, 3 TNNS, 3 Stoneforges, and 2 Snapcasters. I cast the same EE probably 7+ times. Although it took forever, he should have scooped to allow himself a chance to win. I brought in BOBs, Revokers, Chalices, and 2 Grips.

    Game 2: Trying to go for a quick win, he floods the board and I am able to EE away double Deathrite, Punishing Fire Stoneforge, then EE a TNN. I land an Explosives on 1 and a Bob as we go to time.

    Round 4: ID with Imperial Painter 3-0-1

    Top 4: Tin Fins 2-1, 4-0-1
    Game 1: I keep a slow hand that relies on an Intuition on the Draw, likely a mistake. Mulling to find a Crop Rotation seems worse, what do you guys think? He turn 1 Thoughtseizes, I Waste him and he untaps and wins- well then. I bring in Bobs, Chalices, Sphere, and Revokers.

    Games 2 and 3 are both a grind involving Chalices, Revokers, Wastes, Ports Crop Rotation into Bog (both games!), and Karakas. He gripes about Chalice and Revoker, giving the "sure, must be nice" sort of vibe. I politely tell him I just wanted to try and take more than 1 turn each game.

    Finals: Imperial Painter, 0-2, 4-1-1
    Game 1: He thinks for a while, and finally decides to keep. He draws for the turn, and immediately casts Blood Moon off Ancient Tomb and Simian Spirit Guide. I have the basic forest and an EE, so I decide to try and draw to Mox Diamond. I eventually hit it, but his turns have gone:
    T2 Land, Lotus Petal, Imperial Recruiter for Servant. T3 Servant. T4 Draw the Grindstone, land, gg. I had double Waste/Double port, so had I had one turn of reprieve to blow the Blood Moon I might have been in it. I bring in Bobs, Revokers, and K-Grips.

    Game 2: I have early double Port, but he has a Top and plenty of time to sculpt as I don't draw additional pressure. Kept a Bob hand with no black, perhaps should have sent it back. Eventually, he assembles the combo and kills me.

    This was my first time playing the deck, and I have not tested at all, so I likely made several small mistakes along the way. The most difficult thing for me all day was Sideboarding, more specifically deciding what to cut. Revokers were excellent in every match, I am glad I went up to 2 (at the last minute cut 2 Spheres from the board for the 2nd + the Bridge).

  16. #2556

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    You're missing 2 cards in the maindeck if I counted correctly, maybe Tranquil Thicket?

    Looks very close to the maindeck I've been playing for a few months, I really like the 2/2 Depths/Stage split.

  17. #2557

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    hi, my lands deck but include black

    //Lands
    1 Bayou
    3 Dark Depths
    1 Forest
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Karakas
    1 Glacial Chasm
    3 Maze of Ith
    3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 Ancient Tomb----------------------when u can combo with three lands only by casting crop rotation for ancient tomb. can catch opponent off guard
    1 Swamp
    2 Taiga
    2 Tranquil Thicket
    3 Thespian's Stage
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland

    //Spells
    3 Crop Rotation
    2 Manabond
    4 Exploration
    4 Gamble
    2 Life from the Loam-----------i only include 2 because i can use gamble to look for it.
    1 Raven's Crime----------------can cast again and again to clear players hands
    4 Smallpox-------------------- i dun noe why...but seems good.....should i take this out? if i took this out then raven's crime will be taken out then no more black and put in Enigneered explosive...together with 2 x buried ruins (M12)?

    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Punishing Fire

    //Sideboard
    SB: 2 Thorn of Amethyst
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 4 Dark Confidant
    SB: 4 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 1 Ray of Revelation
    SB: 3 Krosan Grip

    thinking of putting in 3 x Cephalid Coliseum for drawing purposes ,the land is better than faithless looting as i can search for it. as for blue mana, well....can always rely on mox diamond or can add in academy ruins...or put in 1 x underground seas. or use them to tap each other....LOL....i dun noe.

    i am kinda confused with my side board. dun know what to swapped out when facing sneak and show...ant.....miracles....

    i am comparing with buried ruins with academy ruins....which is better?

  18. #2558
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Dec 2013
    Posts

    319

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    not sure if cephalid coliseum was ever a main deck choice but I do like the interaction and all the possible Loam triggers of "draw 3 cards".

  19. #2559

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkii View Post
    You're missing 2 cards in the maindeck if I counted correctly, maybe Tranquil Thicket?

    Looks very close to the maindeck I've been playing for a few months, I really like the 2/2 Depths/Stage split.
    I double-checked and it looks like 60, but I have been considering another Thicket.

    @Sarahiscute:
    Academy Ruins is miles ahead of Buried Ruin with EE in the deck, that is a common way to answer threats/help you stabilize. I think the downside of another colorless land in Ancient Tomb outweighs the potential to rotate into an unexpected combo kill. If you are running Raven's Crime I also like Entomb as a tutor for that/Loam.

  20. #2560

    Re: [Deck] 43 Lands

    hi, ok after much thought..i am gona go with this deck list: still considering putting in 1 x zuran orb

    //Lands
    3 Dark Depths
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Karakas
    1 Glacial Chasm
    3 Maze of Ith
    3 Cephalid Coliseum
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Ancient Tomb
    1 Forest
    1 Mountain
    2 Taiga
    3 Tranquil Thicket
    3 Thespian's Stage
    3 Wooded Foothills
    4 Wasteland

    //Spells
    3 Crop Rotation
    2 Manabond
    4 Exploration
    4 Gamble
    3 Life from the Loam
    2 Engineered Explosives
    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Punishing Fire

    total: 61 cards

    //Sideboard
    SB: 2 Thorn of Amethyst
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 4 Dark Confidant
    SB: 4 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 1 Ray of Revelation
    SB: 3 Krosan Grip

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)