Page 91 of 338 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

  1. #1801
    The real me is no match for the legend.
    Zotmaster's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2013
    Location

    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts

    295

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    The Gods and Ral all seem really bad here.

    Keranos, God of Storms is just...bad, no matter what you compare him to. True, he can pull a land off the top of your deck...but Oracle of Mul Daya can do that, and so much more, for one mana less. If you can pull two lands off the top of your deck with an Oracle, combined with Sensei's Divining Top you can look at six cards off the top of your library in a single turn. Plus, Oracle even accelerates you, which Keranos does not. A single Bolt effect is not the worst thing ever, but if you were that worried about creatures, then just about any red spell that hits multiple targets would not only be better, but would almost always cost less. In the same slot, if I was worried about such things, I would rather run Volcanic Fallout, Pyroclasm, Bonfire of the Damned, Fire / Ice (which also pitches to Force of Will) or a whole host of others. The fact that the same Bolt effect can hit your opponent is also not relevant because right until the point where this deck wins, this deck couldn't care less about its opponent's life total. When we're swinging, we're not only taking out huge chunks of life, but we're taking out huge swaths of permanents. Even 100 life just doesn't matter if the opponent's board gets wiped every single turn.

    Kruphix, God of Horizons is also bad. The no max hand size will rarely be relevant unless your draw is absolutely awful or do something absolutely absurd like have 30+ mana and Candelabra of Tawnos to bounce Kozilek, Butcher of Truth multiple times off Karakas. If you're doing that...just win the game already. The not losing mana is all right, but we need to be ramping up, not stowing mana away for a rainy day. I think about the best use of the mana storage ability would be to tap a Cloudpost in response to a Wasteland activation...which is really, really reaching.

    Another test the Gods fail at is the Show and Tell test. When would you ever Show one of them in over a Titan or Eldrazi? The answer would be pretty much never. The other creatures in the deck scream "Answer me!" or else they pound your opponent into the ground. The Gods just sort of sit there, and may slowly grant you an incremental advantage. I would rather Show in pretty much any other creature the deck runs or has run - including Oracle and Trinket Mage - over one of those Gods: thus, the fact that you can Show in a God also isn't really relevant.

    And yes, Rock is right: Ral Zarek is also still better than the Gods. Sure, you can't Show in Ral, but Ral does several things the Gods do not: he controls the board if you want him to, he can accelerate you, he protects himself, and his ult wins the game. And he's still bad. Karn Liberated, though higher up on the curve, does all of the things that matter better than Ral or Kiora, the Crashing Wave ever could.

  2. #1802

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    I took 2nd in a scheduled Legacy side event at GP Minneapolis this past weekend (1st place got an uncut foil sheet of JOU). I went 5-1, with 2-0 matches against Sneak & Show, D&T, Merfolk, Miracles, and NicFit. My only loss was a hard-fought match against Reanimator, where I faced a T2 Tidespout Tyrant, and I was on the draw with a mull to 5 in game 3. Due to poor planning (the convention center was closing), the TO decided to skip the top 4 and award prizes based on Swiss, so I got stuck with a bunch of packs instead of a foil sheet I could frame.

    In any case, here's my list:

    Monogreen 12 Post
    By: theboozecube*
    Legacy
    Archive: http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1124167

    Main Deck (61):
    1*Emrakul, the Aeons Torn*
    2*Kozilek, Butcher of Truth*
    1*Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre*
    *
    3*All Is Dust*
    4*Ancient Stirrings*
    4*Candelabra of Tawnos*
    4*Crop Rotation*
    4*Expedition Map*
    3*Exploration*
    3*Pithing Needle*
    2*Sensei's Divining Top*
    1*Sylvan Scrying*
    *
    1*Bojuka Bog*
    4*Cloudpost*
    1*Eye of Ugin*
    8*Forest
    1*Glacial Chasm*
    4*Glimmerpost*
    1*Karakas*
    3*Maze of Ith*
    1*The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale*
    1*Thespian's Stage*
    4*Vesuva*
    *
    Sideboard (14):
    3*Krosan Grip*
    4*Mindbreak Trap*
    1*Primeval Titan*
    4*Sphere of Resistance*
    2*Surgical Extraction*
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

  3. #1803

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Spontaneous recommendations of sideboard cards when playing the mono-green version (potential access to white)? Is sphere of resistance any good?

  4. #1804
    Freedom is just as essential as air
    Mockingbird's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Posts

    282

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Zotmaster View Post
    And yes, Rock is right: Ral Zarek is also still better than the Gods. Sure, you can't Show in Ral, but Ral does several things the Gods do not: he controls the board if you want him to, he can accelerate you, he protects himself, and his ult wins the game. And he's still bad. Karn Liberated, though higher up on the curve, does all of the things that matter better than Ral or Kiora, the Crashing Wave ever could.
    If we're talking hypothetical Planeswalkers that will likely never make the cut, I'd like to point out Jace, the Mind Sculptor and Tezzeret the Seeker are two of the best planeswalkers ever in Legacy and they haven't made the cut into Turbo Eldrazi even though they fit our colors and work with our overall game plan. Why? Because they're shenanigans and deck space is tight enough as is, and all their abilities are already covered by other cards.

    And that goes back to the Theros gods. Sure, I'm fascinated by Keranos, but that doesn't make me any less skeptical of him or any of the others. For future reference for everyone, when I say "skeptical", I mean that in order to convince me to test it, I need to hear results, not just speculation.
    "Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void, empty, and become wind."

  5. #1805

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    I'm playing a completely colorless version of this deck

    Lands (25)
    4 Vesuva
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Eye of Ugin
    4 Deserted Temple
    4 Mishra's Factory
    4 Eldrazi Temple

    Spells (22)
    4 Expedition Map
    4 Mind Stone
    3 Everflowing Chalice
    4 Quicksilver Amulet
    3 All is Dust
    3 Oblivion Stone
    1 Karn Liberated

    Creatures (13)
    4 Wurmcoil Engine
    3 Sundering Titan
    2 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    2 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

    Sideboard (15)
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Chalice of the Void
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    3 Sphere of Resistance
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Nevinyrral's Disk
    Last edited by Aes Sedai; 05-16-2014 at 04:33 PM.

  6. #1806
    Member
    Togores's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    Madrid (Spain)
    Posts

    734

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Thats more like a MUD deck more than the deck described here >.<

    But seems really nice. The deserted temple is op.

  7. #1807
    Member

    Join Date

    Dec 2013
    Location

    France
    Posts

    11

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Wow

    I don't play Keranos over Oracle, in fact I play both of them in my version (x2 each). They are complementary and I don't oppose them.

    Would I put Keranos over Titan on a Show and Tell ? Of course not, I am playing the deck for almost 3 years now, I think I understand its basics.
    Would I put Keranos over an Eldrazi on a Show and Tell ? Definitely if I am playing againt a deck that can bounce/karakas/STP/Liliana my Eldrazi - more than 60% (80% ?) of the decks in my meta.

    I don't understand the compare between Keranos and Ral Zarek. Ok Ral Zarek can bolt when it comes into play but that's all it does. It's +1 is really weak and doesn't protect it. It's ultimate is cool but will never be reached.
    Keranos fears no removal (no blast, no liliana, no STP, even disenchant-like are inefficient because it's indestructible). Lands represents only 40% of most of the lists, that means it will give you a free bolt 60% of the time. If you can combine it with Top (or Oracle), that's magic. It adds a win-condition to the deck. (And Keranos is also blue and also pitches to Fow)

    Talking about relevant plays, Show and Tell into Trinket Mage doesn't seem very relevant to me either ;)

    I agree that Karn is better but it's mana cost is not the same.

    EDIT: this is the list I am testing. I still hesitate between Bonfire and Punishing Fire.

    2 Keranos, God of Storms
    4 Primeval Titan
    1 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Trinket Mage
    2 Oracle of Mul Daya

    4 Show and Tell
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Crop Rotation
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Repeal
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Expedition Map
    2 Bonfire of the Damned

    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva
    3 Tropical Island
    2 Volcanic Island
    1 Taiga
    1 Island
    1 Forest
    1 Karakas
    1 Eye of Ugin
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Bojuka Bog

    SB: 4 Swan Song
    SB: 4 Force of Will
    SB: 2 Pithing Needle
    SB: 1 Glacial Chasm
    SB: 4 Obstinate Baloth

  8. #1808

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Is there any1 streaming 12-post legacy dailies on twitch?

  9. #1809

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    This is what I am running atm, I do want to keep it mono G because it's my pet deck and I just love it this way. I do however appreciate input on how to improve the deck. In my meta combo is fairly abscent. There are a lot of decks that wins by turning creatures, some miracles and always 1-2 random combo decks. There are usually 20+ players so 1-2 combo is not a lot. I play 4 needles because like 16-20 decks in my meta has 4 wasteland, and if they don't they have jace, lilliana or sometimes a combination of the three.

    I have been experimenting some with Natural Order, thoughts?

    MD:
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Oracle of Mul Daya
    1 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Dryad Arbor
    4 Primeval Titan

    4 Green Sun’s Zenith

    2 Moment’s Peace
    4 Crop Rotation

    1 Karn Liberated

    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    4 Pithing Needle
    4 Expedition Map
    4 Sensei’s Divining Top

    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Thespian’s Stage
    3 Wooded Foothills
    3 Forest
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Vesuva

    SB:
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Obstinate Baloth
    3 Krosan Grip
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Tormod’s Crypt
    1 Karn Liberated
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Gaddock Teeg

  10. #1810
    banned

    Join Date

    Jul 2013
    Location

    black metal bed room
    Posts

    2,188

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    With the monogreen build, is there any reason to play one Magus of the Candelabra as a spectacular GSZ target?

  11. #1811

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    With the monogreen build, is there any reason to play one Magus of the Candelabra as a spectacular GSZ target?
    There are 2 reasons for me not doing it; 1 I think we have more than enough situational 1-offs that I'm not all that happy about drawing/having in my opening 7. 2 I feel like the list is tight as it is and there are other cards I'd like to play over the magus if there was space.

  12. #1812
    banned

    Join Date

    Jul 2013
    Location

    black metal bed room
    Posts

    2,188

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereon View Post
    There are 2 reasons for me not doing it; 1 I think we have more than enough situational 1-offs that I'm not all that happy about drawing/having in my opening 7. 2 I feel like the list is tight as it is and there are other cards I'd like to play over the magus if there was space.
    Sounds reasonable. But Magus' effect is quite powerful and it's your Candelabra no.2. Would you play second Candelabra if you'll find a slot for it? And, if you'll find that slot, would you try a worse, summsick version of it, that has the upside of being tutorable? Otoh, it would be one of the two targets of Bolts. Maybe the Magus really isn't that appealing.

  13. #1813

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Sounds reasonable. But Magus' effect is quite powerful and it's your Candelabra no.2. Would you play second Candelabra if you'll find a slot for it? And, if you'll find that slot, would you try a worse, summsick version of it, that has the upside of being tutorable? Otoh, it would be one of the two targets of Bolts. Maybe the Magus really isn't that appealing.
    Honestly I don't think I would play a second and Ive been thinking about cutting the one-off as I don't fee its as vital in mono-G as in other versions.

  14. #1814

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Togores View Post
    Thats more like a MUD deck more than the deck described here >.<

    But seems really nice. The deserted temple is op.
    Well I thought MUD decks were more reliant on artifacts which mine isn't, it's Eldrazi.

    I am thinking about replacing Everflowing Chalice with Basalt Monoliths. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? I know Grim Monolith is better but throwing another $60 into the deck is a little outside my price range atm and Basalt costs like $.50 each.

  15. #1815
    banned

    Join Date

    Jul 2013
    Location

    black metal bed room
    Posts

    2,188

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Aes Sedai View Post
    Well I thought MUD decks were more reliant on artifacts which mine isn't, it's Eldrazi.

    I am thinking about replacing Everflowing Chalice with Basalt Monoliths. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? I know Grim Monolith is better but throwing another $60 into the deck is a little outside my price range atm and Basalt costs like $.50 each.
    What about Thran Dynamo?

  16. #1816

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    What about Thran Dynamo?
    Could be a good card but seems costly at 4. How does that compare to something like Worn Powerstone?

  17. #1817
    banned

    Join Date

    Jul 2013
    Location

    black metal bed room
    Posts

    2,188

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Aes Sedai View Post
    Could be a good card but seems costly at 4. How does that compare to something like Worn Powerstone?
    It costs the same as double-kicked Chalice, but it adds one more mana. Powerstone etb tapped. IDK, all of them are good in one way and bad in another. I like the Dynamo, but the fact is that the one mana difference might be too many. Any chance to make some mix of cmc2, cmc3 and cmc4 stones? But yeah, than you'll always end with the wrong one.

  18. #1818
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    TimHarding's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2013
    Location

    CT
    Posts

    250

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    No no no. Heartstone, Ashnod's Altar, and Sliverqueen.

    Earthcraft.

  19. #1819

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    It costs the same as double-kicked Chalice, but it adds one more mana. Powerstone etb tapped. IDK, all of them are good in one way and bad in another. I like the Dynamo, but the fact is that the one mana difference might be too many. Any chance to make some mix of cmc2, cmc3 and cmc4 stones? But yeah, than you'll always end with the wrong one.
    Well with Dynamo, if I play it on turn 4, I wouldn't be able to use it until turn 5 anyway because there's not much in the deck that costs 3 or less aside from some small stuff like Mind Stone, Expedition Map, and Oblivion Stone, which I probably would have played prior to turn 4 anyway.

    Worn Powerstone I can play on turn 3 and then use it on turn 4 so despite entering the battlefield tapped, it seems faster.

    Now I'm thinking maybe I should replace Mind Stone too. I like it though because it's one of my only early plays and can be sacrificed later for card draw when I no longer need it.

  20. #1820

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereon View Post
    Spontaneous recommendations of sideboard cards when playing the mono-green version (potential access to white)? Is sphere of resistance any good?
    It's fantastic. Storm is your worst matchup (besides Lands). Sphere slows them down considerably. It's also solid against Elves, High Tide, Affinity, and other decks that want to play lots of cheap spells in succession.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)