Page 96 of 197 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 3936

Thread: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

  1. #1901

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Blastoderm View Post
    It's more viable than Dragon.dec. Unless you like losing to goyf, batterskull and planeswalkers.
    Moggcatcher Stompy loses to Goyfs and Batterskulls?

  2. #1902
    Site Contributor
    Admiral_Arzar's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2010
    Location

    Denver, CO
    Posts

    1,289

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    I feel like the issues people have described with both Omnitell and Miracles are solvable by just playing a bunch of Boils and/or Boiling Seas in the sideboard. I haven't played this deck in a while (but am looking to get back into it), has anybody tested that solution?
    Lord of the Chalice

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

    Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

  3. #1903

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Moggcatcher Stompy loses to Goyfs and Batterskulls?
    It doesn't... dragons.dec does.

    Rakka mar takes care of all those things as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    I feel like the issues people have described with both Omnitell and Miracles are solvable by just playing a bunch of Boils and/or Boiling Seas in the sideboard. I haven't played this deck in a while (but am looking to get back into it), has anybody tested that solution?
    I haven't played vs Omnitell yet but it's probably awful since ensnaring bridge and stingscourger don't do anything anymore. Boil can help I suppose but I'd rather play Ashen Rider (even that doesn't guarantee a win). However, Boil does apply in other matchups like Miracles and Grixis Control.

    I never found that I needed that much help in the Miracles matchup, especially if you play Koth. Another gem vs miracles is Goblin Assault. Stormbreath Dragon seems fine in the Miracles matchup but horrible vs everything else, and not much better than SGC.

  4. #1904

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Blastoderm View Post
    It's more viable than Dragon.dec. Unless you like losing to goyf, batterskull and planeswalkers.
    Stingscourger/ Tuk-Tuk Scrapper/ Murderous Redcap/ Kiki Jiki, would like to say hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    UR Delver man forcing you to play it out then asking for the ID after he got his dick smashed seems scummy.

  5. #1905
    Member
    potatodavid's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    Land of Snow and Purple Rain
    Posts

    332

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    I have all the cards for the Moggcatcher variation of this deck. Considering slapping it together just to Bloodmoon everyone in my meta out. And slowly kill them with with Goblin Settlers. Just wasn't sure if it was a favorable deck anymore. I assume it's not because I have not seen that variation in a long time.

  6. #1906

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by jake556 View Post
    Stingscourger/ Tuk-Tuk Scrapper/ Murderous Redcap/ Kiki Jiki, would like to say hi.
    Yup perhaps I wrote it wrong... I'm all in favor of moggcatcher. I've CRUSHED stuff like clique equipped with batterskull + jitte. Stormbreath would shed tears.

  7. #1907

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    I have all the cards for the Moggcatcher variation of this deck. Considering slapping it together just to Bloodmoon everyone in my meta out. And slowly kill them with with Goblin Settlers. Just wasn't sure if it was a favorable deck anymore. I assume it's not because I have not seen that variation in a long time.
    It is but don't play random targets like Settler. Maindeck I only play 3x SGC and 1x TukTuk.

  8. #1908
    Member
    potatodavid's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    Land of Snow and Purple Rain
    Posts

    332

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Blastoderm View Post
    It is but don't play random targets like Settler. Maindeck I only play 3x SGC and 1x TukTuk.
    Are you playing Rabblemaster then?

  9. #1909

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Rabblemaster is a HUGE boon to the goblin variation--- personally I think it is the best reason to play that version.

  10. #1910

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    Are you playing Rabblemaster then?
    No. My original list (first ever goblin stompy list) from 2013 for reference:

    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...l=1#post734754

    I usually play something similar to this. Currently I don't play Koth main and 19 lands instead of 20. +4 Sudden Shock due to my local meta being infested with the typical Delver mouthbreathers.

    I haven't tested Rabblemaster yet so I don't really have an opinion. When I'm choosing creatures to play, I always decide based on the following questions:

    Does it beat/race Tarmogoyf? Can I hold down two Tarmogoyfs?
    Does it beat/race a resolved and activated stoneforge? (Basically Batterskull) None of the dragon cards can race a Batterskull.
    Is it good vs Liliana and Jace? If I have an empty board can I topdeck creatures to get passed Jace bounce and Lili sacrifice?
    If he topdecks removal like bolt after 1-2 turns am I still in the game?

    Rakka Mar is absolutely insane vs everything because you make 3/1s every turn (they dont die EOT ) which satisfies all of the above conditions. It also has haste. Same for SGC because he makes tokens that can chump and shoot stuff (I hardcast them very often). Hound of Griselbrand is a bit weaker but he's great in combat vs aggro decks as well as vs Liliana / Lightning Bolt.

    Rabblemaster seems good vs Liliana/Jace but bad vs Tarmogoyf/Deathrite Shaman/Batterskull/Young Pyro. To be honest, he's probably better in the SB as a quick clock vs combo decks and Miracles. If you do decide to play him main I highly suggest Sudden Shock to clear the way.

  11. #1911
    Member
    potatodavid's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    Land of Snow and Purple Rain
    Posts

    332

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Blastoderm View Post
    No. My original list (first ever goblin stompy list) ,... my local meta being infested with the typical Delver mouthbreathers.
    I wish i my meta was full of delver.

  12. #1912

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    I wish i my meta was full of delver.
    It's incredibly easy with Sudden Shocks lol. What does your meta look like?

  13. #1913
    Member
    potatodavid's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    Land of Snow and Purple Rain
    Posts

    332

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Blastoderm View Post
    It's incredibly easy with Sudden Shocks lol. What does your meta look like?
    C-C-C-C-Combo and lands

  14. #1914

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    C-C-C-C-Combo and lands
    Lands should be a bye no?

    Vs Combo you can have a SB of:

    Phyrexian Revoker (vs ANT)
    Tormod's Crypt
    Confusion in the Ranks
    Boil
    Stingscourger (vs Show and Tell as a 1-of target)

  15. #1915

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    I feel like the issues people have described with both Omnitell and Miracles are solvable by just playing a bunch of Boils and/or Boiling Seas in the sideboard. I haven't played this deck in a while (but am looking to get back into it), has anybody tested that solution?
    It's been a long time since I used Boil. Perhaps it's time to try again. I never found it to be particularly devastating but I'll let you know in a few weeks.

    Kind regards,
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

  16. #1916

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post
    It's been a long time since I used Boil. Perhaps it's time to try again. I never found it to be particularly devastating but I'll let you know in a few weeks.

    Kind regards,
    Vs Miracles I found Koth and Goblin Assault quite effective. I think I had a couple of Boils too. Omnitell I expect to be difficult. The days of sneak/show have passed where you can just drop Ensnaring Bridge or Moggcatcher--> fetch stingscourger. Maybe Ashen Rider or confusion in the ranks?

  17. #1917
    Site Contributor
    warfordium's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2011
    Location

    Vancouver
    Posts

    211

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Feels so good to Moon people on Turn 1. Sometimes, even on Turn 2 then Magma Jet their 1 drop.
    Amen. 3-0 then double-drew in the GPT i played yesterday with Koby's list. Owned 4c Delver in T8 then variance caught up with me—mulled to 5 G1 then 4 G2 on the play against Burn in T4. Had only mulled once before that in the 3 matches I played. 3-ball is an insane card. Goblin Rabblemaster is also a great clock. I'm not so into the Thunderbreak Regent but i warmed up to Chandra in the end. I went to 4 Jet since I was short the 4th Magus on the day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    It was a sweet metagame deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I'm not saying sugarcoat the tournament scene, that's impossible, but for God's sake just act like a damned grown-up. Be polite, play fast-ish but allow for a little thought now and then, represent the rules to the best of your ability and be a good sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    WotC fucks up something computer related. Film @ 11.
    @warfordium on twitter.

  18. #1918

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Not going to give a full report, just some feedback regarding Tuesday's weekly.

    Ran this:

    main:
    city of traitors 4
    ancient tomb 4
    chrome mox 4
    simian spirit guide 4
    mountain 10
    blood moon 4
    magus of the moon 4
    stormbreath dragon 3
    seething song 3
    goblin rabblemaster 2
    Trinisphere 4
    Chalice of the void 4
    sword of war and peace 2
    Prophetic Flamespeaker 4
    Stone Rain 4

    side:
    Cursed Totem 2
    Bonfire of the Damned 2
    Anarchy 2
    Shattering Spree 2
    Phyrexian Revoker 3
    Pyroblast 4

    Went 2-1

    Round 1 vs. Twin
    1-2

    I mulled down to 4 G1.

    G2 just beat him up with magi and flamespeakers.

    G3 I conceded when I saw he had 4 mana open after resolving a pestermite and found out later he didn't have twin. Lesson learned.


    Round 2 vs. Nic Fit with Siege Rhino
    2-1

    Forgot most of this but won by doing 16 with equipped flamespeaker and another game with equipped stormbreath

    Round 3 vs. Maverick
    2-1

    He mulls to 4 or 5 G1 but keeps drawing land and plays 3 pridemages and beats me down with 5/4 Thalia.

    G2 & G3 I kill him with Flamespeaker and then Stormbreath dragon.


    Stone Rain still a boss. Flamespeaker and Stormbreath still winning games. Never saw a Rabblemaster. No plans to change the main right now.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

  19. #1919

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Should we play Black Vise? Yay or nay?
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

  20. #1920

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post
    Should we play Black Vise? Yay or nay?
    Probably not because it costs 1...right?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)