Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 713

Thread: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

  1. #101

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Just give me Shardless Agent and Baleful Strix and I'll be happy (please don't change the art on either tho).
    From nothing came teeth.

    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

  2. #102
    Member

    Join Date

    Jun 2011
    Location

    Czech Republic
    Posts

    140

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Very nice. Flusterstorm at rare please.

  3. #103
    Member
    hymnyou's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2015
    Location

    Dominarian Slum
    Posts

    198

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    This is great. The set will do well and we will see it again, prob with a GP stapled to it 2018.
    Can anyone confirm if this is reprint only or are we going to see some new eternal cards?
    I can't wait to play sealed with my friends for ante.
    Tusk Up

  4. #104
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,533

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by hymnyou View Post
    This is great. The set will do well and we will see it again, prob with a GP stapled to it 2018.
    Can anyone confirm if this is reprint only or are we going to see some new eternal cards?
    I can't wait to play sealed with my friends for ante.
    It's been confirmed to be reprint only. Print run is Modern Masters size (not confirmed if MMA or MM2-sized).

  5. #105
    Member

    Join Date

    Jan 2005
    Location

    I actually live in actual Chicago
    Posts

    680

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    Just give me Shardless Agent and Baleful Strix and I'll be happy (please don't change the art on either tho).
    I don't get it... two relatively low-$ cards? Strix also could see a Modern-legal reprint at some point.

  6. #106
    Member
    big_ticket's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2014
    Location

    phillipines
    Posts

    114

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    the art on the fow..yeezy..

    It will not contain cards from the Reserved List, but it will feature many exciting Eternal staples..time to sell those blood moons and damnation's for sure
    Live and Let Live

  7. #107
    Site Contributor
    Quasim0ff's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2013
    Posts

    1,433

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Meekrab View Post
    I don't get it... two relatively low-$ cards? Strix also could see a Modern-legal reprint at some point.
    both cards are too good for modern, I'm sure

    Also, I think he want them as foil:p

  8. #108

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    both cards are too good for modern, I'm sure

    Also, I think he want them as foil:p
    They'd be fine in Modern, though Shardless Agent would essentially guarantee that Ancestral Vision never gets unbanned. WOTC presumably considers them too good for Standard, though (even though they'll continually print creatures in Standard that are as good if not better than them).

  9. #109

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Worth it to gamble on a box?

  10. #110

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    ^^^

    If you're gonna crack it with some friends and draft it to get some entertainment, then yeah get a box. If you're trying to make money off the box or look for anything specific, it obviously depends on what the finalized list looks like, but it's almost always poor value to buy a box at retail and sell the cards.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    both cards are too good for modern, I'm sure

    Also, I think he want them as foil:p
    This guy knows what's up.

    I'd love to see Strix in modern though, I think it would be good but not warping, which is exactly what a deck like Grixis needs at this point
    From nothing came teeth.

    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

  11. #111

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    ^^^

    If you're gonna crack it with some friends and draft it to get some entertainment, then yeah get a box. If you're trying to make money off the box or look for anything specific, it obviously depends on what the finalized list looks like, but it's almost always poor value to buy a box at retail and sell the cards.



    This guy knows what's up.

    I'd love to see Strix in modern though, I think it would be good but not warping, which is exactly what a deck like Grixis needs at this point
    Yeah, not for anything specific and of course, the set list is important, but this is a set that has people from across the formats interested.

  12. #112
    !
    jrsthethird's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2010
    Location

    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts

    1,654

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    EDIT: This actually reminded me about one of the hilarious consequences of the list; we cannot have certain vanilla creatures ever again. Roc of Kher Ridges means we will never see vanilla 3/3 Bird for 3R ever again. I wonder how often this comes up in design?
    I'm sure it comes up. 3/3 Flying for 4 isn't exactly in Red's color pie anyway. They could flavor it as a baby Dragon, but a Hill Giant with pure upside seems too good for Limited (and fucking terrible at Rare)

    More interestingly, that explains why White doesn't get 2/2 Flying, First Strike for 1WW. (Thunder Spirit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Varal View Post
    I'm not sure about the P3K cards, they seem to usually reprint them as Judge foils. Most of them don't really see play except in Commander. If they reprint all the high value cards, there won't have any left for the future. I think a Mana Drain reprint would be more exciting than a Capture of Jingzhou one.

    We'll probably see many Modern banned cards reprinted like Dark Depths.
    There aren't many avenues to reprint P3K cards, so anytime a set like this comes up, it's worth noting. They won't print them all, but surely 2 or 3 of those mentioned will get the reprint.

    There's pretty much Conspiracy and Eternal Masters for full-set releases, and Judge Promo, FTV, and Commander's Arsenal for limited runs. The latter will never do much to stymie the prices, but a full-set reprint can bring some cards like Grim Tutor, Imperial Seal, and Capture down to earth.

  13. #113
    !
    jrsthethird's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2010
    Location

    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts

    1,654

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    From the original info leak source (via Quiet Speculation forums, probably reddit or something prior to that):

    Cards I know are in the set : Port, Stoneforge.
    Cards I know via verbal communication : Zen fetches, Mother of runes, Lotus Petal, Infernal Tutor, Cabal Ritual, a piece of the elf deck, Sneak and/or Show, Judgement wishes.

  14. #114
    Ooh... Shiny!

    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Raincouver
    Posts

    694

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    I don't think this will do anything to the popularity of Legacy, unfortunately. People that were unwilling to spend $1000 on a set of duals will still be unwilling to spend $1000 (or more, at this point) on a set of duals.

  15. #115
    The crazy nastyass honey badger

    Join Date

    Dec 2013
    Location

    A desk chair, The Netherlands
    Posts

    1,909

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    I so hope we're getting foil Veteran Explorers.

    My dreams are small and insignificant.

  16. #116
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,533

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Take this rumor as you will, but apperently, there is a full list of EMA already floating around the internet:

    https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/sta...17870850084864

  17. #117
    Member

    Join Date

    Jun 2014
    Location

    The Arctic
    Posts

    323

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    Naturally. Everyone knows that there is high demand for Castle Sengir foils ever since Eldrazi broke out at the Pro Tour.
    You do realize that this set is likely to be at least 60% EDH filler and useless chaff. Just look at how much of VMA is not Vintage or Legacy playable. Same for Tempest Remastered.

    Though my money would be on Wirewood Lodge to support an elf theme.

  18. #118

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    This is going to be a complete shitshow. Eternal Masters is not going to make the format more accessible in any meaningful way and it will suffer from all the same problems as Modern Masters did.

    Quite frankly, limited print-run booster packs are an ineffective way of lowering the prices on cards for the playerbase at large. If they go hogwild on reprints, then the EV of a box/case will be so high that the product is quickly snatched up by dealers and speculators for resale. That means they can only make the EV so high and there is a cap on how much value they can reprint. Given that Eternal Masters has the same MSRP of Modern Masters 2015, expect more bulk jank in your lottery tick...I mean booster packs. There's no other way to balance the EV when three-figure reprints are at hand in a limited print run.

    It's essentially an extremely expensive lottery that only runs for a limited time — not what you want to suppress prices. But that's not the only reason this will be a scheissefest. See, Modern Masters may have lowered the prices on reprinted staples somewhat, but the price of Modern as a whole increased ~25% as a result (per SaffronOlive @ MTGGoldfish). What happened was that demand for the format, as a whole, increased as a result of the Masters set, driving up the prices of other staples that didn't see a reprint. Players and speculators both knew what cards weren't going to see print for a few years time and gobbled them up.

    But at least the possibility of future reprints was on the horizon. In Legacy, we're saddled with the Reserve List, a stupid promise Wizards has stubbornly stuck with, that lists out a bunch of format-critical cards that will "never" be reprinted. Already the buyout brigade is at work, with all Reserve List staples seeing sharp gains in the past hours. I don't think this is too smart in the long-run, for a lot of reasons, but that's are neither here nor there. What matters is that any downward pressure this set could have on the monetary barrier to entry to Legacy has effectively been canceled out (or even completely outweighed) before the set has even been spoiled*.

    And with that come the rumors and clamoring for "No-Reserve-List-Legacy" which I'm certain most here will agree is a steaming pile compared to the format we know and love...err like...uhh....don't completely hate. The banning of all Reserve List cards from Legacy would certainly be a "sell-out" moment for me; I like my shitty pet decks much more than I enjoy keeping hundreds of dollars tied up in cardboard to cast Derpstorm, Derper of Secrets, Derp and Tell, or Derprite Shaman.

    But no matter what I, or anyone else here thinks, Wizards is probably going to make a killing on this — lotteries are, sadly, quite popular.


    *Assuming the @Vendorleak guy is full of it and some lucky vendors don't have early access to the lists.

    Edit: Wrong Twatter handle. I blame Derp and Tell's stupidity overcoming me.

  19. #119

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Take this rumor as you will, but apperently, there is a full list of EMA already floating around the internet:

    https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/sta...17870850084864
    If you had a list that would let you make a ton of money but are unwilling to use itand prefer to sell it to other people, it would look a lot like a scam. Proving you're not scamming would probably put your position, or your source, in jeopardy.

    Quote Originally Posted by sjmcc13 View Post
    You do realize that this set is likely to be at least 60% EDH filler and useless chaff. Just look at how much of VMA is not Vintage or Legacy playable. Same for Tempest Remastered.

    Though my money would be on Wirewood Lodge to support an elf theme.
    MTGO is different because there is hundreds of cards, mostly from old sets, that were never implemented online because their set was never released on the platform. A crappy reprint might be more desirable if it's the first one. EDH/Casual is just as important, if not more, as Legacy and Modern to Wizards.

  20. #120

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaican Zombie Legend View Post
    But no matter what I, or anyone else here thinks, Wizards is probably going to make a killing on this — lotteries are, sadly, quite popular.

    *Assuming the @Vendorleak guy is full of it and some lucky vendors don't have early access to the lists.

    Edit: Wrong Twatter handle. I blame Derp and Tell's stupidity overcoming me.
    Of course Wizards will and want to make a killing, WotC is a business, not charity, and that's the whole point of Eternal Master. Why do you think Wizards would actually care about the secondary market, or the Legacy players' base whatsoever? Wizards cares about one thing and one thing only: Return on Investment. Pro Tour is a marketing event, Magic Professionals are vessels much like athletes are vessels to sell more sneakers.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)