Page 125 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 5249

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Pox

  1. #2481

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Also, I'm currently inclined to look at damnation or deluge over BSZ right now because of how large menfolk get and the absolute size of the eldrazi.
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    由atadrabik of Urborg

  2. #2482
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Tnx!
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

    "Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

  3. #2483

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Quitrex View Post
    Also, I'm currently inclined to look at damnation or deluge over BSZ right now because of how large menfolk get and the absolute size of the eldrazi.
    In all fairness we can beat merfolk pretty handily without sweepers any way. As far as zenith goes the benefit is that it is cheaper for killing smaller hoards and shuffles back in, only getting better as the game goes on

  4. #2484
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2014
    Location

    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts

    57

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    While I think Relentless Dead is still worse than Nether Spirit in almost every way. Isn't this card kind of interesting for Pox? I haven't had time to use Gatherer on zombies but there has to be some cool ones we could play in mono black.

  5. #2485
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    I would like to play geralfs masterpiece, but he is blue(!).
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

    "Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

  6. #2486

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiptoon View Post
    While I think Relentless Dead is still worse than Nether Spirit in almost every way. Isn't this card kind of interesting for Pox? I haven't had time to use Gatherer on zombies but there has to be some cool ones we could play in mono black.
    An old friend of mine piloted mono black pox to a top 8 a while back with mutavault, gravecrawler and a couple of the rack for a very aggressive build.

  7. #2487

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    While I don't think that Relentless Dead is worth it in Legacy pox unless you want to go mutavault/Gravecrawler/Contamination or Rack, I think it is a resilient enough kill condition that i'm going to look at a Modern Build. Also, I am willing to defer to your judgement on Menfolk. Haven't actually played that matchup, so I was just speculating, and I prefer BSZ given the choice (Here D&T D&T D&T...)
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    由atadrabik of Urborg

  8. #2488
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Thing in the ice looks to be next creature for the delver decks.
    Only solace is that they will not have slots for all the op creatures they get.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

    "Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

  9. #2489

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Honestly, I'm not worried about them getting another creature. They, as a Deck, don't get more than 14 creature slots, which is fewer than the number of creatures we can make them sacrifice. There's also the point where it's another two drop, so hitting them hard in the mana base is suddenly a much more viable option for pulling them off of threats. it'd make my day all bright and happy if they pulled their mongoos for a couple copies.
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    由atadrabik of Urborg

  10. #2490
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    I went 3-1 today with the following deck. I lost first round to Death and taxes but rallied and Defeated Goblins, Miracles and Aggro-Loam.
    Contagion is old school but i find it useful in the meta now. Skullcage is useful for decks that don't run pox but do run chalice of the void. This deck otoh is too often short on mana.


    4 Bloodghast
    3 tombstalker
    4 nihilith

    4 Smallpox
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Pox
    4 contagion
    3 liliana of the veil
    2 sensei's divining top
    2 skullcage
    2 surgical extraction

    13 Swamp
    4 bloodstained mire
    3 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
    4 wasteland

    SB
    1 liliana of the veil
    2 extirpate
    2 surgical extraction
    4 chalice of the void
    4 engineered plague
    2 underworld dreams
    Last edited by Hardcore; 08-14-2016 at 08:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

    "Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

  11. #2491
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    I lost badly to theDnT. I got mana problems and he played SFM. I am not sure what to do with this match-up. Dread of night would be a good answer but very specific for this match up. And it doesn't stop SFM.

    Goblins, otoh, is about general destruction. Also, making sure to draw the engineered plagues.
    I lost the first duel. It was not worth fighting hard for since i had EP in the sideboard.
    He had a combat trick with Earwig squad but only found two of my plagues.


    Miracles won the first duel by just getting control in true style.
    The next i got a chalice in play and raced his Monastery Mentor, and Snapcaster, with Tombstalker.
    (His STP was sadly stuck in his hand.) I also had Underworld dreams in play. I figured his deck was mostly geared towards creature defense.
    Third duel was quick. I removed all his flooded strand with a surgical (i think) and followed up with Liliana. Scoop.

    Lastly i meet Aggro loam. I just outright did the pox thing: Ripping hands and nuking lands. He never drew any loam. Not that it would have done much good to him.
    (It is with these decks, and miracles, in mind i bought two extirpate.)
    In absence of any loam i just exiled all his punishing fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

    "Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

  12. #2492

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    That list looks fun. And very direct about getting the other guy to 0. I'ma give something similar a try at legacy night next week. Curious about no Pithing Needle, as I find that either it or Null Rod would probably help against D&T. It looks like your primary concern is a mix between AEther Vial meaning they can be the one attacking your mana and Equipment (specifically Batterskull) meaning they can trade punches with your threats in the long game, but I haven't tested with your list vs. them yet, so I'm just spitballing.
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    由atadrabik of Urborg

  13. #2493
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Thanks! Needles might be what i an looking for. It would stop all DnTs ugly stuff: vials, SFM and Ports. I will need to buy a fourth. (can't have too many in play):-)
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

    "Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

  14. #2494

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Personally, vs. D&T, I've always liked needling Vial then dropping a chalice on two. watch em squirm a bit. I usually prefer going for whichever equipment they grab over hitting SFM herself, simply because they can't just drop it and hit you with it anyways. D&T seems like one of the few matches that can actually hope to draw the game out and get to hard casting batter skull, so i'm not too sad about informing them that that card is a one shot unless they want to waste a precious flickerwisp on it, and I don't like losing the game to a SFM equipped with jitte or SoFF after I name her with needle. By and large, though, I think it comes down to personal preference, as I'm also looking at going some sort of split on plague and BSZ, partially because the closest we have in our meta to tribal decks is we have one guy who's been toying with eldrazi and we have one guy on deathrite maverick. Thinking on starting with
    1 Nether Spirit
    3 Nihility
    2 Tombstalker
    2 IoK (kind of up in the air on this slot, Considering Rituals, since Chalice on two is surprisingly good in my local meta)
    2 Top
    2 Surgical
    4 Seize
    4 Hymn
    4 Smallpox
    1 Crucible
    3 Liliana
    3 Pox
    3 Contagion
    2 Murderous Cut
    5 Black Fetch
    2 Mishra's Factory
    3 Urborg, Tomb of yawgmoth
    4 Wasteland
    10 Swamp

    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Extirpate
    2 Surgical
    4 Needle
    3 Between BSZ, Plague, Night of Soul's Betrayal
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    由atadrabik of Urborg

  15. #2495
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    i that package it would be nice with the rack. Five 1cc discard is as good six, and you can play with a 61 card deck. This leaves you with slots for two the rack.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

    "Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

  16. #2496

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    True. Rack vs affliction, as there's a good bit of incidental Artifact hate in my meta?
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    由atadrabik of Urborg

  17. #2497

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Hello all,

    I am new to these forums, and new to this format. Though I know I would like to play Pox. I am friends with a few legacy players in my area that have a few major tournament wins under their belt, and I am wanting to compete at their level sooner rather than later(I myself am an accomplished competitive player, though not in the legacy scene). I have a deck list, and am wanting some help on refining it. I am looking at 2 different variants, 1 with loam(that i need help splashing green for), and 1 that is mono black.

    The mono B list is built already, but the loam is not. Here is the current deck list:

    Main Deck:
    1 Nether Spirit
    1 Darkblast
    1 Extirpate
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Raven's Crime
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Innocent Blood
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Chainer's Edict
    4 Sinkhole
    4 Smallpox
    4 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Worm Harvest
    4 Entomb
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cabal Pit
    1 Maze of Ith
    3 Mishra's Factory
    4 Rishaden Port
    1 Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 Wasteland
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    6 Swamp

    Sideboard:
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Chains of Mephistopheles
    3 Engineered Plague
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Helm of Obedience
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Nether Void
    1 Night of Souls' Betrayal

    With the loam list, I would like to keep the idea similar. Was thinking only 1 Loam in the deck(as an easy entomb target), and it is the lands that I really need help with. Any advice would be amazing though.

  18. #2498
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Quitrex View Post
    True. Rack vs affliction, as there's a good bit of incidental Artifact hate in my meta?
    Affliction then. It makes casting contagion a tiny wee bit easier, is good vs glacial chasm, but it lack the ability to kill planeswaljers.
    Its wash really.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

    "Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

  19. #2499
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by cBiscuit View Post
    Hello all,

    I am new to these forums, and new to this format. Though I know I would like to play Pox. I am friends with a few legacy players in my area that have a few major tournament wins under their belt, and I am wanting to compete at their level sooner rather than later(I myself am an accomplished competitive player, though not in the legacy scene). I have a deck list, and am wanting some help on refining it. I am looking at 2 different variants, 1 with loam(that i need help splashing green for), and 1 that is mono black.

    The mono B list is built already, but the loam is not. Here is the current deck list:

    Main Deck:
    1 Nether Spirit
    1 Darkblast
    1 Extirpate
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Raven's Crime
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Innocent Blood
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Chainer's Edict
    4 Sinkhole
    4 Smallpox
    4 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Worm Harvest
    4 Entomb
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cabal Pit
    1 Maze of Ith
    3 Mishra's Factory
    4 Rishaden Port
    1 Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 Wasteland
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    6 Swamp

    Sideboard:
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Chains of Mephistopheles
    3 Engineered Plague
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Helm of Obedience
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Nether Void
    1 Night of Souls' Betrayal

    With the loam list, I would like to keep the idea similar. Was thinking only 1 Loam in the deck(as an easy entomb target), and it is the lands that I really need help with. Any advice would be amazing though.


    I have said it before: If splashing green then you should. run Dark depths/thespian stage combo.
    Anything else is sub-optimal.
    This means also running crop rotation and more loams.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

    "Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

  20. #2500

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    First, that would appear to be the mono b list, which looks a little light on mana producing lands, and specifically b producing lands, for what you're interested in. Second, mon black lists generally don't get to support retrace spells, as there are minimal ways to return lands to your hand and better options for the effects you're trying to create. This also creates minimal utility for entomb. I am currently in agreement with HC about wanting to be on a more clock-dense, pox heavy version if you are playing mono-b, and will be testing the basic list I posted recently and posting the results on Tuesday. I also don't generally approve of port in pox due to being largely incapable of applying enough pressure to capitalize on the four turns it will buy you. I have my own views on splashing g in pox that I'll go into when I'm not at work.
    Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings."
    由atadrabik of Urborg

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)