Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 713

Thread: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

  1. #461
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,533

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Rancor probably comes in at common....again (I hope)!!! It's super balanced right?
    Rancor was uncommon in M13, so don't get your hopes up. Same goes for any (red) Tim variant since forever.

  2. #462
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Feb 2011
    Posts

    234

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Glad to see shardless agent, was hoping for that one, but lame it is a rare slot. I can accept it for Baleful Strix, but why is Shardless a rare when BBE is an uncommon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

  3. #463

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    Are you kidding me, I just bought 4 JR because I thought it will never be in the set if they jsut made a promo

    Still it is nice that I will be able to play a non-promo jap foil... Still have the deck is gonna be EM
    Agreed. I bought a playset of Judge foils as soon as they became available. Can't complain too much, since I'm thrilled to get Deluge, Strix, and non-FTV Hymn; but I'm surprised and disappointed they reprinted it. I mean...everyone who wanted foil Shardless tripped over themselves buying those Judge promos. At least it's rare, so hopefully won't impact the price too much.

  4. #464

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by halahel View Post
    Agreed. I bought a playset of Judge foils as soon as they became available. Can't complain too much, since I'm thrilled to get Deluge, Strix, and non-FTV Hymn; but I'm surprised they reprinted it.
    Same here but whatever, the judge foil agent looks great since the judge foils always get the best possible foiling treatment it seems like. Who knows if the EMA ones will look as good.
    From nothing came teeth.

    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

  5. #465
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,533

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    Same here but whatever, the judge foil agent looks great since the judge foils always get the best possible foiling treatment it seems like. Who knows if the EMA ones will look as good.
    EMA has the normal foiling process.

    Chain Lightning is back!


  6. #466

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    EMA has the normal foiling process.
    I don't want to get into a whole thing, but all I've seen on the matter is Trick Jarret saying on reddit that the foils in EMA should be closer to MM1 and pack foil quality than the shit that came out in MM2 and the FTV foiling process. That's extremely vague (and who knows how much he actually knows about the foiling process for this set) and also doesn't give me a ton of confidence that it will be up to usual quality, just better than the dogshit they've been producing recently.

    I'm happy to be wrong once I see it in person, but it wouldn't shock me if the judge agents end up looking better than the EMA ones, that's all I'm saying.
    From nothing came teeth.

    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

  7. #467
    Member

    Join Date

    Jun 2009
    Location

    Detroit, MI
    Posts

    118

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    I don't want to get into a whole thing, but all I've seen on the matter is Trick Jarret saying on reddit that the foils in EMA should be closer to MM1 and pack foil quality than the shit that came out in MM2 and the FTV foiling process. That's extremely vague (and who knows how much he actually knows about the foiling process for this set) and also doesn't give me a ton of confidence that it will be up to usual quality, just better than the dogshit they've been producing recently.

    I'm happy to be wrong once I see it in person, but it wouldn't shock me if the judge agents end up looking better than the EMA ones, that's all I'm saying.
    Why do they even have a good method and shitty method? why don't they just stick to the good method?

  8. #468

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Why do they even have a good method and shitty method? why don't they just stick to the good method?
    I would assume for the reason any corporation decides to do anything: increase profits. They release MM1 without knowing what to expect and it's a rousing success. So now when they release MM2, they know it's gonna sell like hotcakes, they can cut back on the quality of the product because they know people are going to eat it up regardless.
    From nothing came teeth.

    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

  9. #469
    Hamburglar Hlelpler
    TsumiBand's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Nebraska
    Posts

    2,774

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Correctly reprinting Chain Lightning at uncommon would be huge for a guy like me if they actually have a respectable print run of EMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

  10. #470

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Correctly reprinting Chain Lightning at uncommon would be huge for a guy like me if they actually have a respectable print run of EMA.
    I am really interested how the print run will turn out. The set has so many staples it would be really folish for them to print so few cards that all of it will be sold way of MSRP

  11. #471
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2008
    Location

    Des Moines, Iowa, USA
    Posts

    243

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by ramanujan View Post

    The set is looking to have fantastic value right now, but the first spoilers have the tendency to do that. As a whole set, I bet we have now seen the majority (if not the entirety) of the super chase cards (like JTMS, Mana Crypt, and Karakas).
    I must admit that my thinking that the first spoilers were the best was wrong, this set is completely stacked. This is a big time money grab, they are hitting a lot of the available high end playable printable cards with this set. I wonder what the impact of this will be if they print a lot of this set. I can see the good and the bad. In any case, this set is going to have a ton of value, when taken in context of the market value of the cards before the set came out.

  12. #472
    Member
    MasterBlaster's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2005
    Location

    Michigan
    Posts

    643

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Pyroblast and Hydroblast look really cool. Probably especially so as foils.
    Belcher, RUG Delver, Death & Taxes, Colorless Eldrazi, Goblins

    Quote Originally Posted by Caboose
    Fuck you ^_^

  13. #473
    !
    jrsthethird's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2010
    Location

    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts

    1,654

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    I completely agree, it's ridiculous for Counterspell. It'll be a sweet looking foil though.
    They dropped the ball if they failed to include flavor text...
    They're going for the simplicity of a three word text box. It's sweet and succinct. And judging by the stupid art, I'm glad we don't have another Jace quote there instead.

    "Counter target spell."
    "Destroy all creatures."
    "Destroy target creature."
    "End the turn."

    (Well, the last one requires a novel of reminder text, but you get the point.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco111 View Post
    Rorix confirmed

    @jrsthethird > Good call, Sir! :)
    Thanks. Number crunch still leaves plenty of room for the rest of the cycle, too. ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by UseLess View Post
    Glad to see shardless agent, was hoping for that one, but lame it is a rare slot. I can accept it for Baleful Strix, but why is Shardless a rare when BBE is an uncommon?
    Why is Shardless a tier 1 staple and BBE is fringe playable? That extra mana on BBE is a killer, man.

    Quote Originally Posted by ramanujan View Post
    I must admit that my thinking that the first spoilers were the best was wrong, this set is completely stacked. This is a big time money grab, they are hitting a lot of the available high end playable printable cards with this set. I wonder what the impact of this will be if they print a lot of this set. I can see the good and the bad. In any case, this set is going to have a ton of value, when taken in context of the market value of the cards before the set came out.
    They're restricting the printing for a reason. The Chronicles problem is huge and they cannot afford to recreate that. None of these reprints will cause more than just a small dip, except for maybe some low-print C/U. The MMA and EMA sets are an experiment, like almost every new product they release. MMA was a huge success. MM2 was a little more lackluster, so I think that they learned what NOT to do in Masters sets and we're seeing it here. This is much closer to MMA in quality and we'll see it again next year in an MM3 set that's much better than MM2 was.

    The real question is what happens when they release EM2? I don't think it will be as "good" as the first one, but it won't be nearly as big of a drop-off that MM2 was. I'm already predicting Show and Tell and Eye of Ugin to be reprinted in 2017.

    Perhaps if the first couple EM sets are successful and generally non-impactful, they will have enough evidence to confidently remove duals from the RL. I don't think we'll see the entire RL negated, but seeing as how vital they are to Eternal formats, they may make an exception if these experiments really work out well.

  14. #474
    Site Contributor
    Scott's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2013
    Location

    Virginia
    Posts

    659

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    As far as I can tell, the unspoiled Legacy cards that would have the biggest financial impact are Berserk, Grim Tutor, Imperial Recruiter, Ravages of War, Cavern of Souls, Crucible of Worlds, Flusterstorm, Goblin Settler, Rishadan Port, Show and Tell, Dark Depths and Natural Order. And Riding the Dilu Horse of course.

    I'm sure I missed some info. that disqualifies some of them.

  15. #475

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Speaking of natural order.



    I really want to try and participate in a full box sealed, may have to try and organize one...

  16. #476
    The crazy nastyass honey badger

    Join Date

    Dec 2013
    Location

    A desk chair, The Netherlands
    Posts

    1,909

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    After seeing the first green cards in Eternal Masters I'm expecting them to reprint pretty much the entire Elves! deck at this point. I hope WotC prints the shit out of this set, even if that means the stuff I own now does take a nosedive in value. Moar legacy for everyone!

  17. #477
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Feb 2011
    Posts

    234

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    Why is Shardless a tier 1 staple and BBE is fringe playable? That extra mana on BBE is a killer, man.
    Oh, for legacy of course. But I was asking it from a limited perspective. Is that one mana still that significant in draft formats? It's an honest question, I don't draft that much. Also, the cascade should be stronger for a CMC 4 card (in theory) and it having haste plus an additional power should well compensate that one mana from a limited point of view. I dunno, it just feels like it is only rare because of its price tag and that's just lame to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

  18. #478
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,843

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Gods I hope they start showing off Merfolk soon. I do not want to see their prices go through the roof.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  19. #479

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Gods I hope they start showing off Merfolk soon. I do not want to see their prices go through the roof.
    Probably not printing any since the modern archetype shares a lot of the cards.

  20. #480
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,843

    Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016

    I know that, but it is incidental. The deck is a mainstay in Legacy and Vintage as well. It happens to help out the Modern players too? Seems like a feature not an issue.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)