Page 133 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

  1. #2641
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,843

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Match 3 is known as Nic Fit.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  2. #2642

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Rules question. Can you activate Stage targeting DD and with that ability on the stack cast Crop Rotation saccing DD? Will Stage still turn into a DD?

  3. #2643

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by j2los View Post
    Rules question. Can you activate Stage targeting DD and with that ability on the stack cast Crop Rotation saccing DD? Will Stage still turn into a DD?

    Yes you can cast rotation. No it won't work the way you want.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

  4. #2644
    Member

    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    London & Helsinki
    Posts

    27

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Played RG Lands at GP Prague. GQ main, 3 Chalice side. Went 11-4 to a 76th place finish. Missed prizes because of shit breakers.

    W Eldrazi 2-0
    W Maverick 2-0
    W Eldrazi 2-0
    L Belcher 1-2
    W UR Delver 2-0
    W Eldrazi 2-1 (Tomaharu Saito)
    W Eldrazi 2-0
    W Grixis Delver 2-1
    L Miracles 1-0-1
    L Lands 1-2
    W Grixis Delver 2-0
    L Reanimator 1-2
    W Burn 2-0
    W Jund 2-1
    W Grixis Delver 2-1

    Had the worst bad beat against Belcher: He went for Blecher and activation, in response I cropped for a Chasm. 5 turns later I had a Chalice on 0, a Sphere and the combo on board to kill him next turn. His 5th draw is.... a 3rd Simian Spirit Guide, and I'm dead. Sure, it is a bad match up anyway.

    Overall an amazing weekend. Thanks to all the friends, new and old. Can't wait to go to the next big legacy event. Which will most likely be MKM London in September.

    Peace.

  5. #2645

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Mammutti View Post
    Played RG Lands at GP Prague. GQ main, 3 Chalice side. Went 11-4 to a 76th place finish. Missed prizes because of shit breakers.

    W Eldrazi 2-0
    W Maverick 2-0
    W Eldrazi 2-0
    L Belcher 1-2
    W UR Delver 2-0
    W Eldrazi 2-1 (Tomaharu Saito)
    W Eldrazi 2-0
    W Grixis Delver 2-1
    L Miracles 1-0-1
    L Lands 1-2
    W Grixis Delver 2-0
    L Reanimator 1-2
    W Burn 2-0
    W Jund 2-1
    W Grixis Delver 2-1

    Had the worst bad beat against Belcher: He went for Blecher and activation, in response I cropped for a Chasm. 5 turns later I had a Chalice on 0, a Sphere and the combo on board to kill him next turn. His 5th draw is.... a 3rd Simian Spirit Guide, and I'm dead. Sure, it is a bad match up anyway.

    Overall an amazing weekend. Thanks to all the friends, new and old. Can't wait to go to the next big legacy event. Which will most likely be MKM London in September.

    Peace.

    Great finish!

    Did you have Tireless Tracker in your board?

  6. #2646
    Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Chatto's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2011
    Location

    The World
    Posts

    1,011

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Mammutti View Post
    Played RG Lands at GP Prague. GQ main, 3 Chalice side. Went 11-4 to a 76th place finish. Missed prizes because of shit breakers.
    Congrats on your great finish! Still impressive stealing a game against Belcher. I saw a mirrormatch on day two: one had Exploration out and a Loam-engine (with Wasteland) going, the other only had a Mox D out. Was this your MU?
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

    RGCL (GQ)


    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

  7. #2647
    Member

    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    London & Helsinki
    Posts

    27

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Congrats on your great finish! Still impressive stealing a game against Belcher. I saw a mirrormatch on day two: one had Exploration out and a Loam-engine (with Wasteland) going, the other only had a Mox D out. Was this your MU?
    Yea I played a mirror match as my first match day 2 in the corner of the room. I believe it could have been our second game which I won. And then got crushed g3. I was the guy with a red shirt and blonde hair.

    Did you have Tireless Tracker in your board?
    I didn't. My board was:

    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Karakas
    1 Molten Vortex
    1 Worm Harvest
    4 Krosan Grip
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    3 Chalice of the Void

    I didn't have time to test Tracker properly before the GP, but it seems promising. Will most likely cut a Molten Vortex and Worm Harvest for it. I've heard good things about the guy. I just heard there's a good sized legacy event near my area in two weeks so I will test them there.

  8. #2648

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by j2los View Post
    Rules question. Can you activate Stage targeting DD and with that ability on the stack cast Crop Rotation saccing DD? Will Stage still turn into a DD?
    You can do it, but it wont give you a Marit Lage.
    The ability of Stage is checked twice (like every target). The first time is when you activate stage (or cast your spell) to know if the target is legale. Then it is checked again on the resolution to know if the target is still legale.
    If you Crop Rotation your Depths in response to the ability of Stage, the first check pass (Depth is a legale target), but on the resolution (when the second check is made), there is no more legale target (because you cropped it away), so the spell fizzle.
    IT IS TWO AND A HALF MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

  9. #2649
    Foreign Black Border
    Lord_Mcdonalds's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2012
    Location

    Houston, Texas
    Posts

    753

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    I'm assuming tireless trackers are good against Miracles and any of the Grindy decks (Shardless, Nic Fit, Death and Taxes), anything else I'm not seeing?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

  10. #2650
    Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

    Join Date

    May 2013
    Location

    Canada, eh
    Posts

    704

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I'm assuming tireless trackers are good against Miracles and any of the Grindy decks (Shardless, Nic Fit, Death and Taxes), anything else I'm not seeing?
    It's good against any deck that lets you live long enough to cast Tracker and play a land (or two). This includes decks which are actively trying to attack your graveyard.
    ♀

  11. #2651
    Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Chatto's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2011
    Location

    The World
    Posts

    1,011

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    It's good against any deck that lets you live long enough to cast Tracker and play a land (or two). This includes decks which are actively trying to attack your graveyard.
    At the GP Prague I played in a side-event against 12post. In g2 he was at 30+ life, I took him down to 9 with two Trackers in just two attacks, before he whooped my ass. Ok, I lost the game but TT is the real thing indeed.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

    RGCL (GQ)


    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

  12. #2652

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    For those talking big about Tireless Tracker, do you think he is really any better then Primeval Titan? I have not tried tracker, and can see where he becomes useful, but I feel like Titan has more of an immediate impact... and dodges decay.


    Also... 3x Chalice has been a MVP SB slot... would not leave home without it.

  13. #2653

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Nobody played with the black splash? With this miracle-infested meta seems good to have an out g1 from the CB lock...


    Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

  14. #2654
    Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

    Join Date

    May 2013
    Location

    Canada, eh
    Posts

    704

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie_sky_diver View Post
    For those talking big about Tireless Tracker, do you think he is really any better then Primeval Titan? I have not tried tracker, and can see where he becomes useful, but I feel like Titan has more of an immediate impact... and dodges decay.


    Also... 3x Chalice has been a MVP SB slot... would not leave home without it.
    Titan serves a slightly different purpose. I like Titan when playing against Show & Tell decks and against decks where resolving it just wins the game. It's like putting Angel of Despair into play but better. I admit I went down to one Titan for the GP but he showed up in a Death & Taxes match and won that game immediately.

    Titan wins the games right away whereas Tracker is insurmountable card advantage.
    ♀

  15. #2655
    Member

    Join Date

    Oct 2015
    Location

    Uhmrka
    Posts

    145

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciubulu View Post
    Nobody played with the black splash? With this miracle-infested meta seems good to have an out g1 from the CB lock...


    Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
    Splashing black does not beat miracles. It just makes the deck less consistent. Play tighter and play boseiju. Played boseiju main and watched two miracles opponents pick up cards after playing it on day one and two. Followed by grumbles of " ugh, you play that main board?"

  16. #2656

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Question I would like to ask the group. So I currently play 4 Sphere of resistances in the side along with 2 chalice. I'm debating on going to 3 chalice and cutting one of the spheres. Is this crazy or is 3 chalices just too much?

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

  17. #2657
    Member

    Join Date

    Apr 2014
    Location

    Southern California
    Posts

    50

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    Titan serves a slightly different purpose. I like Titan when playing against Show & Tell decks and against decks where resolving it just wins the game. It's like putting Angel of Despair into play but better. I admit I went down to one Titan for the GP but he showed up in a Death & Taxes match and won that game immediately.

    Titan wins the games right away whereas Tracker is insurmountable card advantage.
    For me Tracker seemed like win more? IDK, every time I played him i loaded up on a bunch of clues, but never really had the chance to crack it because I was doing other things with my mana.

  18. #2658
    Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

    Join Date

    May 2013
    Location

    Canada, eh
    Posts

    704

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by DudeItsCorey View Post
    For me Tracker seemed like win more? IDK, every time I played him i loaded up on a bunch of clues, but never really had the chance to crack it because I was doing other things with my mana.
    Maybe. I find that with Tracker I don't need to cast anything else anymore (maybe the occasional Loam to reset if you draw too many spells). Maybe Port activations? But you should have more mana. Don't use your spells, really, because you can just keep drawing cards to make your Tracker a bigger threat.
    ♀

  19. #2659
    Member
    jarvisyu's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2012
    Location

    Rockville, MD
    Posts

    247

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    Maybe. I find that with Tracker I don't need to cast anything else anymore (maybe the occasional Loam to reset if you draw too many spells). Maybe Port activations? But you should have more mana. Don't use your spells, really, because you can just keep drawing cards to make your Tracker a bigger threat.
    This is 100% accurate.

  20. #2660

    Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

    Awhile back, Smokestack was brought up as a really good answer to Miracles. Tireless Tracker combos well with Smokestack, because Tracker can make a bunch of clues, Stax can sack the clues, and Tracker's +1/+1 ability triggers off of any clue sacrifice - including Stax.

    Just a thought, it could be a good combo from the board. Smokestack works well with Loam and Exploration anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

    I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)