Page 266 of 320 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,320 of 6384

Thread: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

  1. #5301

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    PtE=Path to Exile. It seems it may have some synergy with Thalia. Just a test. Could become an Abrupt Decay.

    Batterskull will be in the board. 2x Abrupt Decay will be in the board, as will a Sylvan Library. I love that card, and play it recklessly.

    I needed a way to deal with multiple permanents, and maybe the Pulse should be something else, a Deluge perhaps. There are a lot of 3 drops, though.

    I did stare at a Spellskite in one hand and a Revoker in the other for like 5 minutes. In the end, I chose Revoker because it's won me games and is less often a dead draw, and can swing with a jitte. If I want another Fetch, I have to drop Savannah, and I don't think I want to do that right now.

  2. #5302

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    Hmm.....ok. I did play 7 fetches for a while and it was mostly alright. I also realized you play 4 BB spells, which makes me think perhaps that Savannah should be another Bayou.

    Path to Exile. I see. I certainly can't argue about that much removal. It would depend on meta I suppose. Of course, I play Shriekmaws no matter what the meta is so...... :)

    My board wipe cards are in sideboard. I sometimes wish they were main but not sure what to cut. Yeah Library is awesome. Since you are going to be playing 2 lands that produce green, it's totally good to play a Library somewhere in the 75.

  3. #5303
    Member

    Join Date

    Jul 2013
    Location

    Texas
    Posts

    1,184

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    4 Hypnotic Specter build top-8d CardKingdom 1K this weekend.

    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...l=1#post963145

    Alex Scott (Deadguy Ale) - 5th Place

    4 Marsh Flats
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Swamp
    1 Plains
    1 Karakas
    1 Godless Shrine
    1 Scrubland
    1 Overgrown Tomb
    4 Wasteland
    3 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Dark Confidant
    2 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Hypnotic Specter
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Duress
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Sinkhole
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Vindicate
    1 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    SB: 1 Engineered Explosives
    SB: 1 Containment Priest
    SB: 3 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 2 Engineered Plague
    SB: 2 Stony Silence
    SB: 2 Helm of Obedience
    SB: 2 Thoughtseize
    SB: 1 Spirit of the Labyrinth
    SB: 1 Phyrexian Revoker

  4. #5304

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    4 Hypnotic Specter build top-8d CardKingdom 1K this weekend.
    Be still my beating heart. What a beautiful deck. As a long-time Shardless player who has been wanting a change...this might just do it for me.

  5. #5305

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    Holy crap, 1996 called, said to give back their tier 1 strategy.

  6. #5306

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    So awesome. One of my favorite turn 1 plays from 1995 :)
    Cockatrice: Bosque

  7. #5307

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    Oh Nostalgia. I miss the days of turn 1 Hypnotic Specter. Heavy Land Destruction package too. 4 sinkhole, 4 vindicate and 4 wasteland. Love it.

    I was half expecting Nantuko Shade in there somewhere. :) This list looks very similar to Chris Pikula's original list.

  8. #5308
    Member

    Join Date

    Jan 2014
    Location

    San Diego, CA
    Posts

    499

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    Wonder if the inclusion of the shocklands was a budget thing. Love me a turn 1 Hippy, though.

  9. #5309

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    This seems great. Real question is whats it beat/lose to

  10. #5310
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    I tried a similarly identical list during the TCruise era. Went 0-3 unfortunately. I love to see it doing well. I could see it crushing miracles dick. Piles of duress and hippy probably not bad against combo either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  11. #5311
    Learning Blue cards
    Tokugawa's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2012
    Location

    Beijing,China
    Posts

    319

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)



    Thoughts?
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

  12. #5312

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post


    Thoughts?
    Looks very situational. What spells do you have in mind? Might be interesting against entreat or omnitell enablers.

  13. #5313

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Looks very situational. What spells do you have in mind? Might be interesting against entreat or omnitell enablers.
    Prelate looks pretty insane. On 2 it's vs lands it shuts down Life from the Loam and Punishing Fire. Vs storm it's great, again I'd go saying 2.

    Vs Miracles it's board state dependent although since they have removal at different numbers IMO it's not as devastating vs them.

    I'm definitely picking up a bunch for Dead guy and maybe even a UW deck I'm thinking of building. Prelate + Meddling Mage and Gitaxian Probe is going to be awfully annoying.

  14. #5314

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    Then again, it hits ourselves slightly as well. Hymn, Jitte if it needs to be hardcast, abrupt decay and stuff in our sb as well, zealous, ethersworn, rest in peace..

  15. #5315
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    Only stops non creatures. Whatever you're naming it's probably hosing your opponent more. Could even make a more creature centric version. Shriekmaw gets around it. Also it's the hard lock against storm in game 1 so it's pretty sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  16. #5316

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    Oh for sure I'll probably name a number that affects me too. But it's probably worth it.

    eg. Vs Loam naming 2. Shuts down their Abrupt Decay, Life from the Loam and Punishing Fire. Sure it hits our Abrupt Decay but I play with enough removal that I can live without being able to cast it.
    eg. Vs Storm. Also naming 2. Shuts down Infernal Tutor, Burning Wish and Pyroclasm. Sure Hymn To Tourach is now dead in my hand but now Storm is probably going to have to deal with Sanctum Prelate before it can kill me.

  17. #5317
    Member

    Join Date

    Nov 2014
    Location

    Stockholm
    Posts

    274

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    I could see Prelate in main if there is a lot of combodecks in the meta. Strom, Reanimator, High Tide and maybe even show and tell.

    Issue is that it's a three drop and maybe to slow, but DearthRite can make it out turn 3.

    I will have it in the sideboard. Cannoist is good anti combo card but maybe to narrow

  18. #5318

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    So I tested out a singleton Prelate in the board at FNM. 2-2 but testing was good. Played vs infect, Jund, UR Delver and Jund Fit (sneak attack for Emrakul and Griselbrand). Beat Jund and Jund fit.

    I boarded the Sanctum Prelate vs Jund, Jund Fit and Delver. Saw it and played it vs Jund fit but he had a Pernicious Deed in play already so it was bait so he could pop it because I had Hero of Bladehold in hand.

    VS UR Delver is was game winning. So I cast Thoughtseize on my turn 1 and see double Ponder and double Stormchaser Mage. I take a Mage and pass. He ponders and passes on his turn. I play Bob and pass. I imprint Vindicate on a Chrome Mox to leave white open for a STP. On his turn he plays the other Mage and I Plow it. On my turn I play my Prelate. It resolves. I name 1 because I know at least I strand a Ponder and hopefully more. I got more. He scoops and reveals a hand of Ponder, Lightning Bolt, Gitaxian Probe and a Pithing Needle. lol. I end up losing the match but gain some game action with Sanctum Prelate.

    I could have played Prelate a turn earlier but didn't since I knew he had a Stormchaser Mage and I didn't want to nerf my STP.

    Yeah, definitely going with at least one in the board. My issue with it is stuff in play isn't affected and I already have 2 Gaddock Teeg in the board, more cards that don't affect the board state. I thought about 2 Prelates in the board but atm, still leaving in one Phyrexian Revoker in the side.

  19. #5319
    Member

    Join Date

    Nov 2014
    Location

    Stockholm
    Posts

    274

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    Hi! Have anyone tested Grim Flayer? I want to try him out but I don't know if he is good for my deck.

    2 Grim Flayer
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Thoughtseize
    2 Tidehollow Sculler
    4 Dark Confidant
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Lingering Souls
    2 Mirran Crusader
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Batterskull
    4 Marsh Flats
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Windswept Heath
    4 Scrubland
    1 Savannah
    2 Bayou
    3 Wasteland
    2 Swamp
    1 Plains
    1 Council's Judgment
    1 Hero of Bladehold
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    SB: 1 Nihil Spellbomb
    SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 1 Ethersworn Canonist
    SB: 1 Manriki-Gusari
    SB: 2 Zealous Persecution
    SB: 1 Maelstrom Pulse
    SB: 1 Hymn to Tourach
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    SB: 1 Containment Priest
    SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 1 Choke
    SB: 1 Kor Firewalker
    SB: 1 Gaddock Teeg

  20. #5320
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)

    Less than 4 wasteland makes me cry. For every game double waste screws you on colors it probably simply wins other games. I think this new BW fast land is sweet in this deck. I played two isolated chapels. I don't know if anyone else has though
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)