Page 572 of 645 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622 ... LastLast
Results 11,421 to 11,440 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

  1. #11421

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Hey Angelo,

    Welcome on the source.
    May i ask your game plan against eldrazi stompy ?
    I saw many of your lists, but it don't contains any specific response like back to basics / ruin to ashes / ensnaring bridge.
    I can guess you side something like : - 4 cb + 2 w//t + 2 clique
    Sound like a matchup you have to escape right ?

  2. #11422

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Discus View Post
    Hey Angelo,

    Welcome on the source.
    May i ask your game plan against eldrazi stompy ?
    I saw many of your lists, but it don't contains any specific response like back to basics / ruin to ashes / ensnaring bridge.
    I can guess you side something like : - 4 cb + 2 w//t + 2 clique
    Sound like a matchup you have to escape right ?
    The Eldrazi deck Is for sure a deck can do incredible things, but without chalice in play (if they didn't nuts start) Is a normal agro deck where you don't have the time to take too much damage cause later smasher. Mentor is our best card in this mu, you were near my sb plan: -4 cb- 1 ponder +2 w/t + 3 clique.
    My winrate in tournament after I put ee in the maindeck 13-3. (Here in Italy is not so played, just player with no experience or that just don't want to think too much plays this deck)
    Against deck with chalice I usually cut a ponder.

  3. #11423

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    thx for your answer :)

  4. #11424

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiky View Post
    The Eldrazi deck Is for sure a deck can do incredible things, but without chalice in play (if they didn't nuts start) Is a normal agro deck where you don't have the time to take too much damage cause later smasher. Mentor is our best card in this mu, you were near my sb plan: -4 cb- 1 ponder +2 w/t + 3 clique.
    My winrate in tournament after I put ee in the maindeck 13-3. (Here in Italy is not so played, just player with no experience or that just don't want to think too much plays this deck)
    Against deck with chalice I usually cut a ponder.
    Hi Angelo,

    Would be very awesome if we can dig your brains into some of the side-boarding options for decks like grixis/rug delver, death and taxes, TNN BUG, painter stone and even the mirror.

    Last edited by mike1987; 02-01-2017 at 07:14 PM.

  5. #11425

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    And most importantly: Aluren.

    Against the 4-Cavern-Harpy-List (known as BUG Aluren I guess...) I try to win as fast as possible with Mentor, do not board out CB so they waste their Decays on it and focus on casting Surgical Extraction on Cavern Harpy, which is a beast in this MU. To be fair I play discard (3 Probe, 2 Therapy paired with 3 Daze, 3 Mentor and SB 1 Therapy, 1 Thoughtseize. No red.); therefor getting a Harpy into the GY is way easier for me than for other lists. BBD suggested to even board out all Terminus. Tried it last week and in the end lost the match to a Parasitic Strix that kept attacking for two. It was just one match. Such a small sample size holds no real value when evaluating cards and SB plans, so I am curious how you approach the MU.

    Glad you registered on the source. Every European with common sense knows that you are the true master of Miracles and watching you play is like a crash course on "how to play the game".

  6. #11426

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    How do we survive Food Chain? Pray for Terminus?

  7. #11427
    Site Contributor
    Quasim0ff's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2013
    Posts

    1,433

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Quote Originally Posted by jwl3gg View Post
    How do we survive Food Chain? Pray for Terminus?
    Terminus is pretty bad vs them as, if they've resolved food chain, they can just sac their creatures and cast them next turn. You basically want to blast the creatures and counter their manipulate fates. Drs, as such, is important to keep at bay.

  8. #11428

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    And contrary to Aluren Wear / Tear does actually stop their combo.

  9. #11429

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    Terminus is pretty bad vs them as, if they've resolved food chain, they can just sac their creatures and cast them next turn. You basically want to blast the creatures and counter their manipulate fates. Drs, as such, is important to keep at bay.

    Terminus is pretty bad vs them once Food Chain has resolved***. If there's no FC in play Terminus is probably the best removal spell as Misthollow in the yard is still a potential liability due to DRS and Gurmag Angler. STP is quite mediocre but probably necessary to a degree bc DRS.

  10. #11430
    Site Contributor
    Quasim0ff's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2013
    Posts

    1,433

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Quote Originally Posted by AnziD View Post
    Terminus is pretty bad vs them once Food Chain has resolved***. If there's no FC in play Terminus is probably the best removal spell as Misthollow in the yard is still a potential liability due to DRS and Gurmag Angler. STP is quite mediocre but probably necessary to a degree bc DRS.
    Yeah, that's for sure. I read his comment as, how do we interact post food chain resolution.

  11. #11431

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    Yeah, that's for sure. I read his comment as, how do we interact post food chain resolution.
    Yeah, I was just adding as an addendum. With all the talk about sideboarding Terminus out I feel morally obliged to state how good the card is lol

    edit: adding as an addendum... thats redundant right

  12. #11432
    Site Contributor
    Quasim0ff's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2013
    Posts

    1,433

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Quote Originally Posted by AnziD View Post
    Yeah, I was just adding as an addendum. With all the talk about sideboarding Terminus out I feel morally obliged to state how good the card is lol

    edit: adding as an addendum... thats redundant right
    Yeah, addendum is redundancy :p

    Oh, I believe the matchup is overall fine. They are clunky, at best, and if you counter their 1U: Draw 4 cards, three going into you exile, you increase your % for winning significantly.

  13. #11433
    Member
    lavafrogg's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2005
    Location

    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts

    1,330

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Miracles players, what do you fear from non blue BG decks? Or, why do you think you beat them.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

  14. #11434
    The Agonistic Antagonist
    CutthroatCasual's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2015
    Posts

    989

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    Miracles players, what do you fear from non blue BG decks? Or, why do you think you beat them.
    BGx? I guess Decay is one card we're always conscious of, though I don't know if we "fear" it so much as loathe its existence. Chalice is something to fear, Sylvan Library is something to fear, Lili is a nuisance but not really something to "fear". That's about it. We're so good against non-blue fair decks that we don't care about a lot of things if we know you won't have countermagic to back it up on the stack. Now if you want to talk splash colors, we semi-fear Teeg, want to get rid of KotR ASAP (not because of its creature-beats but more because of what its capable of in the decks that its played in).
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

  15. #11435
    Site Contributor
    Quasim0ff's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2013
    Posts

    1,433

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    Miracles players, what do you fear from non blue BG decks? Or, why do you think you beat them.
    Chains of Meth, Sylvan Library, Chandra (as the only non-blue BG deck is Jund, or only one that's playable).

    Entreat is often how you beat them; Top is often why.

  16. #11436

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Choke should definitely be more played in those decks .. And a one off chains sb is nice too. MD Sylvan Library (2) /Hymn :)

  17. #11437

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    Miracles players, what do you fear from non blue BG decks? Or, why do you think you beat them.
    What're non-blue BG decks? Nic-fit? Aggro-Loam? I don't think fear is the correct word. Any cards from them that can generate card advantage or provide rule modification. Sylvan Library can generate CA. Chalice and Teeg can shutdown important cards in Miracles. I don't think they have anything to do with non-blue BG decks, they are just individually powerful cards that non-blue decks happen to run.

  18. #11438
    The Agonistic Antagonist
    CutthroatCasual's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2015
    Posts

    989

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Quote Originally Posted by rancOr_ View Post
    Choke should definitely be more played in those decks .. And a one off chains sb is nice too. MD Sylvan Library (2) /Hymn :)
    I haven't seen a Choke in months, can't believe I forgot about that one. Yea, a well-timed Choke can be backbreaking.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

  19. #11439

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    I'm a new miracle player. Any suggestions about streaming videos of good miracle players ?

  20. #11440

    Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

    Quote Originally Posted by cris_rj View Post
    I'm a new miracle player. Any suggestions about streaming videos of good miracle players ?
    You can watch Lossett

    https://www.twitch.tv/oarsman79

    Except the replays are useless due to the muting so you've got to follow the stream and watch live.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)