Page 65 of 332 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    To get a second use of Cry, he must activate Plagued Rusalka and he needs both fodder and a legal target. I think that forces him to kill his own board to discard your land, resulting in a draw. DD 2-2.

If he doesn't do that, he misses the 2nd Cry and you eventually make enough 1/1s to win.
    I assume that t2 Cry haunting Plagued Rusalka is too slow?

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I assume that t2 Cry haunting Plagued Rusalka is too slow?
    It's not too slow. But isn't he forced to target the Elves with the Rusalka activation, wiping his own board?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    It's not too slow. But isn't he forced to target the Elves with the Rusalka activation, wiping his own board?
    It used to be legal for Plagued Rusalka to target itself with its ability. Has that changed?
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

@WrathofPie - I think I get you even when you are on the play. Did I miss something?

(Pregame: Leyline)
    WoP: Land, Cantor
    W: Land
    WoP: Land, Watchwolf, swing (19)
    W: Bounce Land
    WoP: Swing (15)
    WoP: Swing (11)
    WoP: Swing (7)
    W: Land, 2/2 Token
    WoP: Swing (4) Token kills Cantor.
    W: Another 2/2 Token
    WoP: If you swing, I double block and win. If you don't, I just keep making tokens and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    @WrathofPie - I think I get you even when you are on the play. Did I miss something?

(Pregame: Leyline)
    WoP: Land, Cantor
    WoP: Land, Watchwolf, swing (19)
    WoP: Swing (15)
    WoP: Swing (11)
    WoP: Swing (7)
    W: Land, 2/2 Token
    WoP: Swing (4) Token kills Cantor.
    W: Another 2/2 Token
    WoP: If you swing, I double block and win. If you don't, I just keep making tokens and win.
    Let it be known that I am not good at combat math.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I think Asthereal is going to lock up the season crown soon, unless he somehow scores poorly for two straight rounds.
    I think we can all agree that the TO winning the tournament is too shady to be acceptable !! :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I think we can all agree that the TO winning the tournament is too shady to be acceptable !! :)
    Me so shady!

But in all seriousness, if someone would like to see proof that I send myself my deck before receiving the others, I can provide it.
    Me wanting to play as well is the main reason why I'll never add real prizes to the competition. I wouldn't be able to play anymore.
    No real prizes, no real reason to cheat. Still, I want the competition to be fair. So I try to save as many relevant PMs as I can.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Me so shady!

But in all seriousness, if someone would like to see proof that I send myself my deck before receiving the others, I can provide it.
    Me wanting to play as well is the main reason why I'll never add real prizes to the competition. I wouldn't be able to play anymore.
    No real prizes, no real reason to cheat. Still, I want the competition to be fair. So I try to save as many relevant PMs as I can.
    There was nothing serious in my reply. No proof needed.

I've been unfortunately busy lately and can't take the time yet to compute my own scores. I'll do this as soon as possible.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    There was nothing serious in my reply. No proof needed.
    I didn't think you were being serious.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Preliminary scores for round 10 (Ravnica block):
    1. Unlif3: 29 - 3,6
    2. Asthereal (TO): 28 - 3,5
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: 28 - 3,5
    2. FTW: 28 - 3,5
    5. apple713: 22 - 2,8
    6. Whoshim: 18 - 2,3
    7. Tylert: 16 - 2
    8. Wrath of Pie: 13 - 1,6
    9. H: 6 - 0,8

Which would lead to the following standings with two rounds to go:
    1. Asthereal (TO): 38,5
    2. FTW: 34,0
    3. Wrath of Pie: 27,7
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: 26,2
    5. H: 17,6
    6. Unlif3: 16,4
    7. Whoshim: 16,3
    8. Tylert: 13,3
    9. BirdsOfParadise: 6,3
    10. apple713: 2,8

So FTW is still chasing me for the title. The gap is 4,5 points, which is a comfortable lead, but I'll have to stay sharp and not mess up.
    Wrath of Pie and GoblinSmashmaster are fighting for a place on the podium. With just 1,5 point between them, anything's possible.
    Then we have H, Unlif3 and Whoshim fighting for a place in the top-5. The gap there is even smaller, and Tylert might catch them still.

Lastly, I think I completely failed to say welcome back apple713... Welcome back, mate!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Round 11 of 4CB Season 3, The Block Tour, has started. This round: Time Spiral block (Time Spiral (including "Timeshifted"), Planar Chaos, Future Sight)!

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 11, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: THURSDAY the 26th of September, at 9:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night 11:00PM-ish, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Plains, Plains, Knight of the Holy Nimbus, Temporal Isolation (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S03R11 in the topic. Many of you already did this for previous rounds. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deck designing everybody!
    Last edited by Asthereal; 09-24-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

EDIT:

Time Spiral Timeshifted (and other "shifted") cards are legal this round.
    Deadline has been moved a day to Thursday morning 9AM CET.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 09-24-2019 at 12:20 PM.

This link should be correct for scryfall: https://scryfall.com/search?q=b%3Ats...rid&order=name

Search terms: b:tsp -s:tsb

Block: Time Spiral (752 cards) but not Set: Timeshifted (result is 631 cards legal).

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

So many good cards left out :(

But we have storage lands, so that's ok :)

Sep 2011

As the TO you set the rules for all these 4CB rounds. However, this statement about Magic blocks is factually incorrect:

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Officially, "Timeshifted" isn't part of the Time Spiral block
    Timeshifted was not a separate set. It's not only part of the Time Spiral block, it's even part of the Time Spiral expansion! Notice how Whoshim has to exclude Timeshifted from Scryfall, otherwise it's auto-included with Time Spiral Block?

It's your call how to handle this. Are you excluding Timeshifted from the round despite it being part of the block? If so, are Planar Chaos planeshifted and Future Sight futureshifted cards also banned, or are they legal?

Details justifying this (skip if you don't want to read):
    Timeshifted was considered a bonus subset of the Time Spiral expansion, printed and released together at the same time in the same packs. There are also "shifted" cards released with Planar Chaos (planeshifted) and Future Sight ("pre-prints"), and those were considered part of those expansions as well. Although Timeshifted cards were printed on a different rarity print sheet (121 timeshifted cards) and with a different color (purple), they have the same set symbol (hourglass) and were released in the same booster packs and preconstructed decks. Timeshifted cards were legal in Time Spiral Limited and Time Spiral Block Constructed. Sanctioned events treated them as part of the block.

I can see why there might be confusion if you didn't play Magic back then. In recent sets they have printed Masterpieces and Invocations as premium foil reprints included in some booster packs, yet these cards were not part of the new set and not Standard-legal. Timeshifted cards were not like that. They were not ultra-rare premium foil reprints and they were Constructed legal. There was one Timeshifted card at the back of every pack, the same way Dominaria had one Legend at the back of every pack and Innistrad had one double-sided card at the back of every pack.

https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Time_Spiral
    https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Timeshifted

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Yeah, honestly, the choice to exclude them didn't make much sense to me, but I rolled with it and submitted my usual crap deck anyway.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Yeah, honestly, the choice to exclude them didn't make much sense to me, but I rolled with it and submitted my usual crap deck anyway.
    Asthereal posted the update because I submitted a deck with Timeshifted cards.

I'm happy to change and submit another deck. Just want to confirm that's the decision and that everyone understands what is and isn't legal before I go through evaluating the metagame and card choices again...

Timeshifted banned? Planeshifted and Futureshifted banned also or legal?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

That's odd. I looked it up and found Timeshifted shouldn't be part of the block.
    Not sure exactly where I saw that, but FTW's link to the MTG Wiki clearly states that my source is wrong.
    Or confusingly written.
    Probably that last one.

Well, if the MTG wiki says Timeshifted is part of both the block and even the set Time Spiral itself, then we should include it.
    Anyone opposed to this?

Edit: By the way, I think I'll move the deadline a day because of the confusion.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 09-24-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

We can go either way banned or not banned. unebanned makes the round a little bit more spicy so that would be my preference.

Thread Information