Quote Originally Posted by andrebonotto View Post
Now this thread seems a bit alive


@Anen:

I was thinking about using Welder more in a "countered-Belcher-backup-plan" way...

Still, as John Cox pointed, the meta is full of removal, and I think I'm following his conclusion that we should "doubt goblin welder would last till it lost summoning sickness"...


@Jonh Cox

Because of the U-decks running around, how do you think one should evaluete his initial hand playing in a tournament, in order to have a "safe start" against an unknow deck?


@Beatusnox

What would you mean by "mulligan aggresivey enough" ? (To have a win-con and the mana to activate it?)


-----------------------------

about Serum Powder...

I heard about it, but someone pointed that it makes our initial hands more dificult to evaluate. Since I don't have much experience with the deck, I think I'll start without it and see how it goes.


about playing nowadays...

It was nice to read about jan64's experience at GP Amsterdam, for since I hadn't heard a word about Belcher playing in recent tournaments, I was wondering if this deck was indeed "playable" anymore (there are some people on my meta that have already gave up on it)


about deckbuilding...

I'm building a RG version with 11 win-con MD (4 Belcher, 4 Burning Wish, 3 ETW), 4 Chrome Mox, and planning on the following SB:


1 Empty the Warrens
4 Xantid Swarm
4 Red Elemental Blast
1 Reverent Silence
1 Shattering Spree
1 Pyroclasm
1 Hull Breach
1 Goblin War Strike
1 Diminishing Returns

However, I have doubts on how to use Diminishing Returns properly.

I am, too, a bit hesitanting on this configuration of the SB. Do you have suggestions of upgrades on it?


P.S.: Why to use Ingot Chewer over Shattering Spree? (Or why to split between them?) Spree seems superior to me because of the Replicate ability. Would Chewer frequently see play as a permanent creature?
With Diminishing Returns, how can you properly cast it?

Also, as a Belcher beginner/novice, I was wondering how to 'properly use' Burning Wish