Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTim68 View Post
Yea, that turn 1 Empty The Warrens usually spells "good game". But when you go turn 1 "Remove Simian Spirit Guide for a red, cast Rite of Flame" only to be met with Force of Will while you're holding what would have been a turn 1 Empty The Warrens with 6 or 7 storm, you pretty much just cry inside.

My meta is so blue heavy that Belcher just doesn't get there. It seems like every opponent in my meta is packing Force, Stifle & Daze. You either play blue here, or die to blue. It kinda sucks. I like the TES lists that run Orim's chant or Silence or both just because of all the blue here. But Belcher doesn't have that luxury. IF I could figure out how to beat blue with this deck on a consistant basis, I'd ram it down thier throat! I love playing it.
I have both Xantid Swarm & Autumn's Veil in my belcher sideboard, when I first start playing magic again, the first deck I updated was my belcher deck, played it a few times at Exalted games of Tacoma but haven't played it yet at Comics Cube, at first it was because at the Comics Cube meta it would have just been unfair, but now the metagame is a true indicator of type 1.5, so now I don't play it because of the same reason I rarely push it at Exalted, all the blue makes it tough, I have actually gotten a 1st with it once at Exalted, but in the finals, I went against Maverick, which knocked out RUG the previous round, I basically got lucky and didn't run into any bad match up's.

One "trick" if they know how to fight belcher, is when you get an Empty the Warrens In your opening hand, you start going off and when they wait to counter your Seething Song or whatever else, basically, waiting to counter after you've put 3 mana in the pool, wasting as many of your cards as possible to really put you out, instead of burning some of that mana to produce more mana and then get setback, just use one of the 8 spirit guides Elvish Spirit Guide Simian Spirit Guide for that 4th mana, and then cast Empty the Warrens off that for enough tokens to get there. The harder part however is the "counter your Burning Wish / Goblin Charbelcher.