Results 1 to 20 of 3881

Thread: [DTB] Team America (Aggro/Tempo Thread)

Threaded View

  1. #11
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Mar 2010
    Location

    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts

    1,064

    Re: [DTB] Team America (Aggro/Tempo Thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9 View Post
    ...if you want to run the Daze, Hymn, Wasteland, Tombstalker, and Tarmogoyf package, Delver is a no brainer in that strategy.
    I agree that Delver is important and can be a viable choice for this deck, but in a lot of ways doesn't Shaman facilitate that aforementioned package better?
    -On the play, you can still cast a 2-drop even if you Daze'd their t1 play OR still Wasteland them on your second turn if you played a turn 1 Shaman... the two-drops being Tarmogoyf and Hymn

    I guess it comes down to your personal playstyle.

    Assuming you won the die-roll and your hand is the following (which is pretty much a god-hand btw..):

    Delver
    Shaman
    Ponder
    Verdant Catacombs
    Underground Sea
    Wasteland
    Daze

    What is your turn 1 play? I personally would play Deathrite unless I knew my opponent was on combo. I thus have the most options available to me on the second turn. Or at least if they expend removal on Shaman, I'll still have a more aggressive follow-up threat that I can probably set up to flip with Ponder. With Delver as your turn 1 play, you're just hoping that you get that blind flip.
    Last edited by wcm8; 12-07-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)