I am back from the legacy tournament with some semblance of good news. I played the exact list I posted the other day, but I swapped the Worm Harvest for a Primeval Titan in case I ran into any show and tell (I didn't). Ended up 3-1-1 before top 8 with my only loss being to a BUG midrange deck and then drawing into top 8. I went:
2-0 against Stasis: easily got there game one, he never saw a relevant card, game two I forgot that Back to Basics was a card but luckily I sided into two Krosan Grip in case I ran into something unexpected. He ended up with a Stasis and a Back to Basics in play, eot I had 4 mana up, I cycled and managed to draw a grip, then went to my turn, drew something irrelevant and passed. On his turn he forgot to pay for his own stasis which allowed me to grip the BtB and steal the game.
0-2 against BUG midrange: lands a t2 Tarmogoyf on the play with just a land in the GY, I look at the punishing fire in my hand and cry a little. I never managed to come back from it. Don't remember exactly what happened game 2, but his Life from the Loam did way more work than mine, which never showed up.
2-0 against Shardless BUG: I've got the nuts game one on the play, he doesn't have a Force and i Manabond out the combo + mana to activate. I forget to play around Wasteland and guess what he plays for turn? (It's wasteland) but I can combo in response and I end up untapping and playing one of my own to force my combo through(#get rewarded for bad plays). Game 2 we play a little more Magic but eventually im able to Gamble for the other half of the combo and win.
then I drew against UB Tezzeret but we play for fun and i end up going 2-1, losing to a 5/5 chalice for 1 in game one.
Then I get into top 8 and lose 1-2 against Burn. Game one I'm able to quickly combo, game two i just get shat on, game three involved me MAJORLY misplaying with Glacial Chasm and totally screwing myself over. I realized my only defense against Burn is Glacial Chasm and I'm thinking of throwing a Zuran Orb into the sideboard to help out. How do you guys deal with this matchup?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)