Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 692

Thread: [Conflux] Set Discussion (formerly spoilers)

  1. #581

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    As it is, I'm leery about increasing the number of colored cards in Affinity because the deck's mana is pretty bad (12 of your slots in a build have to be artifact lands, leaving you 4-5 lands to reflect the color composition of your deck).
    I may be wrong, but I believe Springleaf Drum made Affinity mana alot more stable. And it's not like the deck won't run Vial. I am still not convinced Slasher is good enough, though.
    FeFe Team: Legacy in the Southern Hemisphere.

  2. #582
    Member-ish
    kicks_422's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2006
    Location

    Manila
    Posts

    1,209

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    I think the manabase could support the colors. Vial, Drum, and Glimmervoids do that well. However, if you would fit in Slasher, what would you take out of the standard Affinity list (by standard, I mean the one on the OP of the new Affinity thread)? There's really nothing that stands out which is a weak enough link in the deck to be replaced by Slasher.
    The Source: Your Source for "The Source: Your Source for..." cliche.

  3. #583

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by kicks_422 View Post
    There's really nothing that stands out which is a weak enough link in the deck to be replaced by Slasher.
    QFT.

    Slasher does look like a card with potential, but I guess it's just not strong enough.

    The thing is that it can easily get to the point where it's very threatening, especially in combination with dredge or egg effects, but it does look like it's outperformed by other stuff.

  4. #584
    Member
    ThoseWhoFearTomorrow's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts

    38

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    What makes me most excited about Conflux is I can use the money I normally spend on new cards to pick up more Legacy staples...

  5. #585

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ThoseWhoFearTomorrow View Post
    What makes me most excited about Conflux is I can use the money I normally spend on new cards to pick up more Legacy staples...
    So you are basicly saying i like it how the new set sux
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

  6. #586

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    What makes me most excited about Conflux is I can use the money I normally spend on new cards to pick up more Legacy staples...
    This. Anytime WotC does this whole domain crap you know we are going to be getting bad cards.

  7. #587
    Attractive and Successful
    hi-val's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2006
    Location

    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts

    997

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
    This. Anytime WotC does this whole domain crap you know we are going to be getting bad cards.
    Not at all! Thanks to dual lands in Legacy, there's great potential for Domain cards to fit in hypothetically. Two domain-ish cards I can think of right now are Tribal Flames and EE, both of which get a bit of play in the format. I think the trick is making something that doesn't suck with 2 land types out and isn't blowout-good with 5. Collective Restraint was un-sane in the last Extended because most decks just couldn't punch through it.

    If something like Allied Strategies were one mana less or an instant, it'd possibly be played in Legacy. I'm really hoping Etched Oracle sees some love one day.

  8. #588
    Win or lose, it begins with...
    Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts

    2,184

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Conflux is Apocolypse Part Deux. I'm surprised they didn't bring back Cromat.

  9. #589

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Conflux is Apocolypse Part Deux. I'm surprised they didn't bring back Cromat.
    Except without the staple cards?

  10. #590
    snooPING AS usual, I see.
    Mordel's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    CANADUH
    Posts

    476

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    x2

    Haha...if only it was half as awesome as Apocalypse was: enemy painlands, vindi, deed, spiritmonger, spectral lynx, phyrexian arena, fire//ice, goblin legionaire, Gerrard's verdict and desolation angel to a certain extent. I may have left one or two out.

    Yeah...no. This set sucks ass compared to Apoc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    With Crucible, you have a deck full of high-quality cocaine powder ready to be snorted from 20-year-old Kylie Minogue's ass. Play fucking four.
    -It could be about four of anything and I would agree.

  11. #591
    Win or lose, it begins with...
    Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts

    2,184

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    In the sense they're REALLY trying to push 5-color, basic land tribal stuff. Not in the sense of the power level of the cards.

  12. #592
    Member
    Poesjuh's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2008
    Location

    Hoorn, The Netherlands
    Posts

    91

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Stupid multicolored theme the whole time, they should really do something with enemy color combinations, or mono colered again.

  13. #593

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Poesjuh View Post
    Stupid multicolored theme the whole time, they should really do something with enemy color combinations, or mono colered again.
    Apparently, after Shards block is said and done, they will be going back to those. About time I say.

  14. #594

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    I was sneaky and found conflux preorders up on SCG:

    I picked up

    4 Inkwell Leviathon (better than those Empyrial Archangles for 1/5 the cost)
    8 (playset for my brother, too) Telemin Performance, just in case

    At $1 each, I think both are undervalued.

    Also picked up two Martial Coups at $4 each (seemed fair at that price).

    Picked up some wretched banquets at 4/$1.

    I balked at Nyxathids at 3$ though. Everyone admits Tombstalker is an awesome card and that never passed $4 really. So $3 seems a lot for a more narrow card. Somehow they'll find a way to make me regret not getting these at $3 though.

    Banefire: scalping it at $8. No thanks. It's a sorcery, too, so it's pitifully easy to stop in combo decks that might want to abuse it and I don't play extended so there's no tron action in my life.

    Oh, Swords 2.0 is $4.

    That's what CashSeize was all about, training players to think that they're lucky when Wizards doesn't completely hose them; there's no reason this couldn't be a common, especially in a format that revolves around timmy creatures that are otherwise unstoppable. Especially since because of that timmyness, giving someone a land of their choice is especially problematic, which makes it a more interesting card if it pops up more often.

    And yet they want people to buy boxes in the hope they open up two of them. What a great deal!

  15. #595

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Also, and this is just imo, having 10 mythics in a small set makes Mythics look silly. Especially when stuff like Mirror-Sigil Sergeant is Mythic. Is it splashy and will crush people in limited if they can't answer it?

    Yes, but a lot of stuff in the format is like that. But jesus, at least make it a General and not a sergeant if it's gonna be mythic.

    Obelisk of Alara should probably have been bumped up, maybe Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer too, for flavor reasons (any legend that screams EDH should be mythic imo). Thornling should have been bumped down. Maelstrom Archangel, too, just because having it at mythic puts it into competition with child of alara as they have the same cc.

  16. #596
    I like Tacos.
    dahcmai's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    Traverse City, MI
    Posts

    2,202

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Well, I ended picking up some stuff for standard, but I don't think I'll bother with much of anything else for Legacy. There just wasn't much I think I'd play. I did grab a set of the Nyxathid's also. I don't have high hopes, but you never know.

    I was pretty happy about the low, low price of Inkwell. .99c seemed like a nice deal for a playset. Free shipping! woot.

    I will get me a few foil Nicol Bolas' for the coolness factor, but hell if I'm paying for them. I'll watch the people opening packs and trade. Everyone knows my opinion of the sets hot rares so far so I'm sure to get them for decently cheap.

    I'll pick up a playset of foil Celestial Purges also when I see them. I do think that one is legacy playable. Least I'll be using it in some boards.

    I did grab a couple playsets of Knight of the Reliquary. I like the guy, but that's me. I'm sure I'll be able to trade them well if anything. I'm going to play around with it and see if it can go into anything. I have a funny feeling it does. Wasteland.dec is my thought.

  17. #597

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion



    How can we break that?

  18. #598
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
    wolfstorm's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2008
    Location

    Austin, TX
    Posts

    168

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Shakuras View Post


    How can we break that?
    Polymorph or Polystick in a control shell IMO, you could run Scepter-chant with it to?

  19. #599
    Folk Punk Pirate
    spirit of the wretch's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2007
    Location

    Mannheim, Germany
    Posts

    3,951

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion



    Obviously
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Not really a Legacy Team anymore.

  20. #600
    Shake that.
    Skeggi's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2008
    Location

    Amsterdam
    Posts

    2,047

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    And

    or
    Kaleidostone
    Artifact - C
    When Kaleidostone comes into play, draw a card.
    , tap, sacrifice Kaleidostone: add to your mana pool.
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)