Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 692

Thread: [Conflux] Set Discussion (formerly spoilers)

  1. #601
    Win or lose, it begins with...
    Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts

    2,184

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Although Conflux is full of crappy-mediocre cards, the artwork overall is just incredible; definitely going for a more realistic style of artwork and less of the cartoony stuff of the past.

  2. #602
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,533

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Shakuras View Post
    Show and Tell

  3. #603

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Should I feel ashamed for liking Thornling?
    My MTG Blog
    "The game is not worth the candle."

  4. #604

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Pltnmngl View Post
    Should I feel ashamed for liking Thornling?
    Yes.

  5. #605
    (' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    TheInfamousBearAssassin's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2004
    Location

    Northern Virginia
    Posts

    6,709

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Thornling is basically a crappier Gigapede with worse art. Way to ruin the cycle, Wizards.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

  6. #606
    Win or lose, it begins with...
    Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts

    2,184

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    I don't understand why they gave Thorning, "G: Thornling gains haste until end of turn." You're only going to use it once and if you do, the cheapest he costs is 3GGG. WTF.

  7. #607
    Old Man Rogue
    scrumdogg's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2003
    Location

    Woosta, Mass.
    Posts

    1,840

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Because in a Sealed/Draft/casual match, on turn leventy-five, when you have 16 mana, it comes roaring out like an avalanche. It is a fun inclusion, not a good inclusion (most of the time). It also allows you to attack when stealing it back from your opponents control without waiting to control it for an upkeep. If you played back in the heyday of Morphling, ask yourself, did you really want WOTC to print another version just as powerful or is this neutered homage just fine?
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

    WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

    A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

  8. #608

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Although Conflux is full of crappy-mediocre cards, the artwork overall is just incredible; definitely going for a more realistic style of artwork and less of the cartoony stuff of the past.
    Meh. I'm not so much of a fan. The art of Progenitus, for example, is fugly. At least, that's what I think, but I seem to be the only person with that opinion.

  9. #609

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg View Post
    If you played back in the heyday of Morphling, ask yourself, did you really want WOTC to print another version just as powerful or is this neutered homage just fine?
    In its day morphling was pretty awesome, but since then WotC has realized that good creatures are not as dangerous as they once perceived them to be. No matter how cool it was to attack with a 6/1, place damage on the stack, pump its defense to absurd levels, then untap to have a untargettable flying blocker at the ready ready, the mana required to do so makes it a very inefficient creature.

    Even if they made thornling a functional (green) equivalent of the original it wouldn't be all that hot. It'd see play, but it wouldn't be dominant at all.

    As far as limited was concerned, masticore was much more swingy than morphling. That thing just won games.

  10. #610

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenC View Post
    Meh. I'm not so much of a fan. The art of Progenitus, for example, is fugly. At least, that's what I think, but I seem to be the only person with that opinion.
    If they took the giant hydra heads out of it, it would be a stunningly beautiful portrait of the jungle just after a rainstorm has passed.

  11. #611
    Member
    raharu's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2007
    Location

    Scrubington
    Posts

    1,072

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    I wish Thornling was playable. It's a really strong and well-template'd creature, but... Well, it's a control finisher and Green can't play control, and Green is a horribad terriful color anyway :\

    The black-ling could show promise, though:

    3BB- 4/4

    Fear
    Deathtouch
    Shroud/ regenerate/ return from the graveyard to hand or something...
    +1/+1

    Errrrr... It has to be a shade because nothing else fits, flavor-wise, and flavor-wise, shades have b: +1/+1, so the last two -ling abilities are useless...

    The White one is going to suck, though. Or be the exact same as Morphling, but replace with .

    EDIT: I'm super fucking excited about Aethersworn Adjudicator. Here's the Card Text:

    Ethersworn Adjudicator 4U

    Artifact Creature - Vedalken Knight - 4/4
    Flying
    , TAP : Destroy target creature or enchantment.
    : Untap Ethersworn Ajudicator.


    And Bloodhall Ooze.
    Team Battletoadz: Fuck the Meta-police?

    If it's all in our heads, it's best that we don't loose them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Mother of Runes is a woefully underplayed Tier 1 card.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude 666 View Post
    Power wouldn't lay in the hands of the few if the general population was more educated and actually voted. Why should the government care about you if you don't vote? (Partially why I hate the electoral college and 2-party system)

  12. #612
    Win or lose, it begins with...
    Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts

    2,184

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    He's a 4/4 by the way with slick artwork.

  13. #613
    Member
    raharu's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2007
    Location

    Scrubington
    Posts

    1,072

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    He's a 4/4 by the way with slick artwork.
    Oyeah. Forgot that. Thanks.

    EDIT: Where did you find the art? MTG Salvation doesn't help, Google is a dead end, etc...
    Team Battletoadz: Fuck the Meta-police?

    If it's all in our heads, it's best that we don't loose them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Mother of Runes is a woefully underplayed Tier 1 card.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude 666 View Post
    Power wouldn't lay in the hands of the few if the general population was more educated and actually voted. Why should the government care about you if you don't vote? (Partially why I hate the electoral college and 2-party system)

  14. #614
    Win or lose, it begins with...
    Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts

    2,184

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by raharu View Post
    Oyeah. Forgot that. Thanks.

    EDIT: Where did you find the art? MTG Salvation doesn't help, Google is a dead end, etc...
    http://djmagiccards.com/index.php?ma...visual_spoiler

    I said it before and I'll say it again, I think Conflux has really sweet artwork overall; realistics paintings rather than cartoony drawings of the past.

  15. #615
    Member
    raharu's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2007
    Location

    Scrubington
    Posts

    1,072

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    http://djmagiccards.com/index.php?ma...visual_spoiler

    I said it before and I'll say it again, I think Conflux has really sweet artwork overall; realistics paintings rather than cartoony drawings of the past.
    The art was interesting, but... I would have preferred something more along the lines of Yawgamoth Demon from 9th. So badass.
    Team Battletoadz: Fuck the Meta-police?

    If it's all in our heads, it's best that we don't loose them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Mother of Runes is a woefully underplayed Tier 1 card.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude 666 View Post
    Power wouldn't lay in the hands of the few if the general population was more educated and actually voted. Why should the government care about you if you don't vote? (Partially why I hate the electoral college and 2-party system)

  16. #616
    I like Tacos.
    dahcmai's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    Traverse City, MI
    Posts

    2,202

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg View Post
    If you played back in the heyday of Morphling, ask yourself, did you really want WOTC to print another version just as powerful or is this neutered homage just fine?

    I played back then. Here's what I thought of Morphlings.

    This was my birthday present from a friend. He knew I hated the card beyond all belief so he got me a Morphling and a pack of matches. Yeah, it's real.

    Clicky!





    Thornling is OK in my book.

  17. #617
    Serious Rider
    Pinder's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2005
    Posts

    4,962

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    The "art" they have for Thornling is just Thorn Elemental mirrored on the card. I doubt that's the real art. I hope that's not the real art.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

  18. #618
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,533

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    I doubt that's the real art. I hope that's not the real art.
    It's still infinite times better than the crap we got:

    Thornling scan

  19. #619
    Member
    raharu's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2007
    Location

    Scrubington
    Posts

    1,072

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It's still infinite times better than the crap we got:

    Thornling scan
    Okay then, fuck Thornling. Gimmie the Thorn Elemental art.
    Team Battletoadz: Fuck the Meta-police?

    If it's all in our heads, it's best that we don't loose them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Mother of Runes is a woefully underplayed Tier 1 card.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude 666 View Post
    Power wouldn't lay in the hands of the few if the general population was more educated and actually voted. Why should the government care about you if you don't vote? (Partially why I hate the electoral college and 2-party system)

  20. #620

    Re: [Conflux] Spoiler Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It's still infinite times better than the crap we got:

    Thornling scan
    I fail to see how that creature could be considered as being even remotely thorny.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)