Madness would be the key to get me to play creatures again. I loved that deck. In 2004 @ Nationals I entered the VINTAGE side event with my legacy UG madness list and went 3-1 drop (I had plans), but that's not bad since my matchups were Keeper, Dragon, some wierd treefolk deck (Not competetive) and something else...ScepterChant Tog. Lost to Tog. Figures. Madness woudn't be bad. Like, Aggro-Control that actually plays (more than 8) creatures!
Pce,
--DC
Schadenfreude is the most genuine kind of joy, since it doesn't include even a drop of envy.Why can't we just admit it?
Isn't storm rotating out of extended soon?... They might actually consider it to help combo out in extended & standard... Just a thought.
You could, in theory, do far more with poison than what has been done. One of my college buddies suggested this:
Toxic Land
Land
T: addto your mana pool
T: add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool put a poison counter on yourself.
Or:
Six of One, Half Dozen the Other 1BW
Enchantment
Pay 2 life, remove a poison counter from yourself.
But I really hope to see madness, or Delve. Especially Delve. Or hellbent, because it is a pet mechanic of mine. I actually designed it about 4 years before it was printed.I wish I worked for Wizards...
In the interview from a recent Magic Show, he said they are basing the set on something they've never done before.
Hmm...could that be OVERSIZED CARDS AND CHAOS ORB EFFECTS ?
georgjorgeGeistreich sind schon die anderen.
Almost Georjorge, now put those two together. Oversized Chaos Orb effects! Bring out your scissors ladies and gentlemen.
On topic: Sunburst? Let us continue the multicolor madness.
Oh! I get it!!!! A set full of dexterity cards!
Dexterity: Flip this card onto the field from a height of at least one foot. If the card does not turn over at least once during the flip, this card has no effect.
This would mean Chaos Orb and Falling Star would need an errata, but they may be reprinted, so its cool.
OK, back to reality...
I'm hoping they'll bring back flip cards. Those were cool. Then we could have a homarid that flipped into a chaos orb.
I would laugh so hard if they printed Phasing again... just thinking about the leet kiddies of Magic wrangling with that one makes me smile.
Now that I've said it, it could be that they'd print a Phasing-type mechanic that wasn't so tough to understand. Like what they did with with Fading and Vanishing, but more (not that Fading is particularly tough to get, but you know).
Or Shadow. I vaguely remember an old Maro column where he said that he really liked Shadow, despite several big design problems with it.
Horsemanship...
Proud member of team theVault.
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards.
It makes them soggy and hard to light.
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.
Obviously we need a spell with Delve, flashback, madness, and cycling. (and have it so delve can help pay the flashback/madness/cycling costs.)
MORPH
popular
conductive to limited and playable in constructed environments
easily scaled to see print on commons through rares (I'd fear a better exalted type ultra-rare)
not much worry about 'breaking' any format (aside from some pickles debacle)
/thread
They are bringing back Ante cards.
Major Deck Projects
Deck 2012: Angel Walk
Deck 2009: Tombstone
Deck 2007: Exploration Crucible:
Deck 2005:Bob the Belcher:
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)