Page 15 of 343 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

  1. #281
    Leroy Rochester
    Getsickanddie's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2004
    Location

    Cabrini–Green
    Posts

    1,576

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Fanatic View Post
    I just looked i have 43 scroll racks for some reason i think it is time to sell.
    Pics or you're full of shit.
    My only dream is that yours never come true.
    "People played violin as the Titanic sank. Tomorrow they will play Green Day songs with plastic keytars as their Hoovervilles burn."

  2. #282
    Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Phoenix Ignition's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2008
    Location

    Minneapolis MN
    Posts

    2,287

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    Pics or you're full of shit.
    HAHAHAHAHA WIN!!!

    (Yeah, I remember that thread, and I know MF does too, even though the mods tried to hide it in a different thread)

  3. #283
    Ooh... Shiny!

    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Raincouver
    Posts

    694

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    SCG is where my friends and I are buying from for singles when we can't find them at local store.
    They are always on due time and in the condition that they should be. Never had any problem..



    On topic, is there anyone else trying to collect legacy staples even if they don't need them just to make sure to have them before they raise in price ?
    Personally, I've been looking for decently priced cards that are staples just in case that I ever need them.
    Been doing that since Legacy was announced :)

  4. #284
    Member

    Join Date

    Apr 2008
    Location

    Bandung, Indonesia
    Posts

    34

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    and now its Scroll Rack time >.<

  5. #285
    More German than Germans
    Meister_Kai's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2006
    Location

    Madison/Muncie IN
    Posts

    155

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    So why is Phyrexian Tower disappearing everywhere? What deck is this card a part of? Also who cares about Zodiac whatever, don't all those cards suck?

    I think this thread is not only a speculator's dream, but a place in which we should conduct experiments. For instance, I think I'm going to go around and buy every copy of City of Traitors and then post here ranting about how the sky is falling and stating that they will go as high as $45 a piece. I will then sell out and repeat this until I'm rich.
    Ich bin aueslander und sprechen nicht gut Deutsch

  6. #286
    Your life total: 4, My life total: 20
    FoulQ's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2008
    Posts

    230

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    Pics or you're full of shit.
    That was one of the most epic threads of all time. Getsickanddie is my hero.

    I think it's just a coincedence that cards are rising as they are named in this thread. After all, SCG announced the $10 scroll rack thing, not The Source. And loyal retainers went along with a deck that suddenly sprung up as DTW. Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    The first time I heard of the site, I went to www.thesource.com and was greeted with a full-page picture of some thug pointing a gun at me. I immediately realised that Legacy was the most hardcore format ever.

  7. #287
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister_Kai View Post
    So why is Phyrexian Tower disappearing everywhere? What deck is this card a part of?
    Apparently it comboes with Abyssal Persecutor. I wouldn't expect a huge price jump on these though, unless that deck just turns out to be the nuts. SCG has them for $5 currently at the low end, but none of the other stores have any (at least not the last time I checked). Oddly, you can still pick them up on eBay for like $2-3.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

  8. #288

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Is there any reason Scroll Rack suddenly jumped in price? They've only been in the maindeck of like 4 top 8s all year and those decks were all Vintage and possibly all Iona-Oath. I got one for about $5 a few weeks ago and now suddenly you can't buy them for less than like $15.

  9. #289
    Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Phoenix Ignition's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2008
    Location

    Minneapolis MN
    Posts

    2,287

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Apparently it comboes with Abyssal Persecutor. I wouldn't expect a huge price jump on these though, unless that deck just turns out to be the nuts. SCG has them for $5 currently at the low end, but none of the other stores have any (at least not the last time I checked). Oddly, you can still pick them up on eBay for like $2-3.
    This one is still strange. Hasn't anyone heard of Cabal Therapy? The out to the big 6/6 that just waits there in your graveyard for you. Oh crap now that'll jump to 50 a set.

    Quote Originally Posted by gravemind123 View Post
    Is there any reason Scroll Rack suddenly jumped in price? They've only been in the maindeck of like 4 top 8s all year and those decks were all Vintage and possibly all Iona-Oath. I got one for about $5 a few weeks ago and now suddenly you can't buy them for less than like $15.
    Probably some retarded speculator thinking Treasure Hunt + Scroll Rack = nutz combo!!

    Oh boy were they wrong.

  10. #290

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    This one is still strange. Hasn't anyone heard of Cabal Therapy? The out to the big 6/6 that just waits there in your graveyard for you. Oh crap now that'll jump to 50 a set.



    Probably some retarded speculator thinking Treasure Hunt + Scroll Rack = nutz combo!!

    Oh boy were they wrong.
    Said speculator = SCG, hence...

  11. #291
    keepin' it unreal
    caiomarcos's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2007
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    407

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by gravemind123 View Post
    Is there any reason Scroll Rack suddenly jumped in price? They've only been in the maindeck of like 4 top 8s all year and those decks were all Vintage and possibly all Iona-Oath. I got one for about $5 a few weeks ago and now suddenly you can't buy them for less than like $15.
    Or maybe someone got an inside information about Land Tax being unbanned next announcement.
    "Want all, lose all."

  12. #292
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by caiomarcos View Post
    Or maybe someone got an inside information about Land Tax being unbanned next announcement.
    Is it worth noting that Land Tax seems to have jumped to around $10 apiece?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

  13. #293
    I like Tacos.
    dahcmai's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    Traverse City, MI
    Posts

    2,202

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Heh, Scroll Rack. I'm psychic it seems.

    As for why, I'd say it has more to do with the fact it's pretty damned amazing with Treasure Hunt.

    Next up, new Jace, Humility, Intuition, Argothian Enchantress, and of course Transmute Artifact if they decide to correct it to match the other cards wording (ie. Flash)


    I also expect Foil Rofellos to break the $50+ mark by the next time one sells.

  14. #294
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    It's official. The sky is falling.

    Tarmogoyf has hit $90 on SCG and is sold out at that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

  15. #295
    Just some dude.
    Mark Sun's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2009
    Location

    Akron, Ohio, USA
    Posts

    824

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    It's official. The sky is falling.

    Tarmogoyf has hit $90 on SCG and is sold out at that price.
    Haha, there's going to be a point when it's no longer fun to think about building a new deck. Sigh.
    Delver enthusiast and avid practitioner of blind flipsmanship.

    Follow me on Twitter: @AllSunsDawn

  16. #296
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Well, we asked for more attention for Legacy, and we got it. Was it worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

  17. #297
    Just some dude.
    Mark Sun's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2009
    Location

    Akron, Ohio, USA
    Posts

    824

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Well, we asked for more attention for Legacy, and we got it. Was it worth it?
    I wasn't expecting it to be this horrendous, to be honest. I mean, $60 Goyfs were fine, I understood Extended Season and the demand. But $90? And to think, the SCG Opens don't end until December 5th. Can you imagine a $150+ Goyfs (or even higher? If CounterTop still continues to be the deck de jour?)? Pretty messed up shit, in my opinion.
    Delver enthusiast and avid practitioner of blind flipsmanship.

    Follow me on Twitter: @AllSunsDawn

  18. #298
    Member-ish
    kicks_422's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2006
    Location

    Manila
    Posts

    1,209

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    I'm guessing he next cards to jump up in price would be the shocklands, as replacements in Legacy decks since all the duals would be cleared out. Wouldn't help that it's Extended season.
    The Source: Your Source for "The Source: Your Source for..." cliche.

  19. #299
    Brony and Proud
    Solaran_X's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2007
    Location

    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts

    387

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    All of a sudden, paying $30 a Goyf a couple months back seems like a good deal instead of the extortion I thought it was at the moment.
    Don't Hate the Herd

  20. #300
    Cloud Pirates for the win
    SomeRandomDude's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2009
    Posts

    31

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Im glad i got my 3 () goyfs awhile ago. 2 for $18 each and 1 for $2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)