Page 40 of 343 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

  1. #781
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanarin View Post
    Well seeing as how Power artifact is in Blue and with Grim monolith you can generate infinate mana, I can see why. Now question is, where do you put the mana...
    Stroke of Genius, Masticore, Staff of Domination, make an arbitrarily large Wake Thrasher, or just dump a bunch of Eldrazi on the board? I mean it's mana, so you can build your deck in any way to abuse it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

  2. #782
    Member

    Join Date

    Nov 2009
    Posts

    74

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    I decided to sell much of the stuff I had and keep only the deck I am playing for columbus and a deck for someone to borrow for columbus, mefolk and counterbalance. Well I have dredge too.
    But goodbye everything else. Prices are good and with the bannings, I'm just angry so wanted to trade the cards in for a new tv and some cymbals for my drumset.
    Anyone who eats hot dogs with their mouth is doing it wrong, as far as I’m concerned.

  3. #783

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanarin View Post
    Well seeing as how Power artifact is in Blue and with Grim monolith you can generate infinate mana, I can see why. Now question is, where do you put the mana...
    Banefire? Stroke of Genius? Doesn't really matter how you kill. Once you've got infinite mana...

  4. #784

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    you can now cast and pay this card's ultimate ability (daze and Power Sink-proof):



    with this sideboard:
    1 All is Dust
    1 Emrakul
    1 Kozilek
    1 Ulamog
    1 Pathrazer
    1 It that Betrays

    Coolest idea ever!

  5. #785
    Trample, Haste
    pippo84's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2009
    Location

    Italy
    Posts

    467

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    you can now cast and pay this card's ultimate ability (daze and Power Sink-proof):



    with this sideboard:
    1 All is Dust
    1 Emrakul
    1 Kozilek
    1 Ulamog
    1 Pathrazer
    1 It that Betrays

    Coolest idea ever!
    Lol!!
    Totally agreed!! Really cool idea.. Quite sure it won't see play, but it sounds fun!
    Team Stimato

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    He told you a foil from Time Spiral was Summer?
    This man must be a Jedi.

  6. #786

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    Its weird that all of a sudden, Grim Monolith costs $30.

    Is it really that good of a combo enabler? Are Wildfire and MUD decks the new deck to beat?
    Well there is a sudden surge of people wanting to try to get Grim Monoliths to pull off some combo with it.
    At the time when they were unrestricted they made Wildfires, Blue Bullshit, and many other decks truly broken. But that was years ago.

    If it gets too out of hand, which I doubt, the answer is still Null Rod so it should never reach exorbitant prices. At least more than they are now.

  7. #787
    Member

    Join Date

    Jan 2007
    Location

    Birmingham, AL
    Posts

    122

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    tarmogoyf going down now since the new extended was announced. down to 50 on scg and seems to be occasionally going for 45 or so on ebay.

  8. #788
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2008
    Location

    Des Moines, Iowa, USA
    Posts

    243

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Good Morning

    Power Artifact is has now gone officially crazy expensive. See ebay. What makes no sense to me is that a card will have some speculative value and people flock to it as if it is worth the same amount as force of will. In my opinion, there is no way that these prices can sustain. Sell them now if you have them, it doesent get any better than these prices.

    Peace

  9. #789
    I like Tacos.
    dahcmai's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    Traverse City, MI
    Posts

    2,202

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Well, I will gladly sell mine at $50 a pop. That is one card that isn't worth it. Now if they fix Transmute on the other hand.

  10. #790
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    I mean, when Grim Monolith started going crazy you had to have seen this coming, right? Even if it is only a fringe-playable combo, Power Artifact is from Antiquities, only has one printing in the set (Unlike, say, Mishra's Factory which appears four times), and is required as a 4-of in the decks that play it. The print run for that set was pretty low to begin with, and I'm pretty sure a lot of the cards were destroyed Iron Man style, from shuffling unsleeved, or just straight up thrown in the trash by people who didn't think the game would last.

    I'd be interested to know which set has the lower print run: Antiquities or P3K?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

  11. #791
    A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    TheAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2006
    Location

    Carbondale, IL
    Posts

    564

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Hard to say; Antiquities had a print run of ~15 million, and I haven't seen any definitive info on P3K. It gets trickier in that P3K was printed in multiple languages, so that could increase its print run to higher than AQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

  12. #792
    I like Tacos.
    dahcmai's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    Traverse City, MI
    Posts

    2,202

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    I can't help but laugh every time I read this thread and someone mentions Iron Man. I destroyed soooo much it's sad. Iron Man Magic, raising prices everywhere. lol We should bring it back just to annoy the crap out of people.

  13. #793

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAardvark View Post
    Hard to say; Antiquities had a print run of ~15 million, and I haven't seen any definitive info on P3K. It gets trickier in that P3K was printed in multiple languages, so that could increase its print run to higher than AQ.
    From what I've read the total run of P3K was under 10 million, which puts it well below Antiquities.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.”
    -David DeLaney

  14. #794
    A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    TheAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2006
    Location

    Carbondale, IL
    Posts

    564

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    From what I've read the total run of P3K was under 10 million, which puts it well below Antiquities.
    I have heard that as well, but I have never seen anything close to confirmation that it is accurate. The AQ print run # came from D'Angelo.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

  15. #795
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    In other news, Lim-Dûl's Vault has quietly leapt in value by nearly 1000%...

    Also, keep an eye on Mind Over Matter as it combos very nicely with the upcoming Temple Bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

  16. #796
    Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Atwa's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2005
    Location

    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    Posts

    1,326

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    In other news, Lim-Dûl's Vault has quietly leapt in value by nearly 1000%...

    Also, keep an eye on Mind Over Matter as it combos very nicely with the upcoming Temple Bell.
    Glad I bought my last Vault for €0.70, I had no idea it was raised like crazy.

    I bought my 4 Mind over Matters for €1.50 as soon as Temple Bell was spoiled. Even of the combo doesn't work out in a deck (which I guess will be the case) it will point out more attention toward the card and seeing it was printed pre-mirrodin, it's value will at least double as a result. At least I'll build a Mind over Bell deck for casual play.
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

    Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

  17. #797
    Clergyman of Cool
    lordofthepit's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2009
    Location

    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm
    Posts

    1,954

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    In other news, Lim-Dûl's Vault has quietly leapt in value by nearly 1000%...

    Also, keep an eye on Mind Over Matter as it combos very nicely with the upcoming Temple Bell.
    I realize that Mind Over Matter can potentially win the game, but I don't see how a combo that requires an enchantment that costs and an artifact that costs is any better than the other two-card combos out there, especially since the cards aren't useful on there own and since there aren't redundant options you can build your deck around.

  18. #798
    I like Tacos.
    dahcmai's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    Traverse City, MI
    Posts

    2,202

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    It's one of those things like Power Artifact, just because you can do it doesn't mean it's good, but people will still try it and in some areas where they don't have a massively developed meta, it's actually good. Casual does control some prices oddly enough.

  19. #799

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Anything is possible and I agree with Ramanujan 100%.

    Take a good, hard look at the banned list ( and or restricted list) of any format. What are the obvious cards that if unbanned or unrestricted would cause another card to boom in popularity? (keep in mind they usually ban half of something totally broken and not both in regards to 2 card ownage).
    I can't see much point in trying to predict the kinds of cards they're going to print (unless it's an answer to something degenerate in type 2 which also incidentally would break something else) but these are the mental games I like.

    Discussing recent prints is another thing altogether. Speaking of which:

    ... Aluren just got a LOT more consistent now that it has 8 cavern harpy with the printing of that new aether mage. Oh lord. Please tell me we're going to see Aluren go to $75 now. ;) ;)
    /sarcasm

    I swear I might as well buy a bunch of protean hulks and the like in case they unban Flash in 10 years because it's not considered fast for the format any longer. lol

  20. #800
    Clergyman of Cool
    lordofthepit's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2009
    Location

    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm
    Posts

    1,954

    Re: Raise, raise, raise. The price of cardboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post
    ... Aluren just got a LOT more consistent now that it has 8 cavern harpy with the printing of that new aether mage.
    Link?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)