Page 175 of 957 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 19128

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

  1. #3481
    Member

    Join Date

    Mar 2009
    Location

    Gent, Belgium
    Posts

    123

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Come on, that's just mean. He got his FoW altered beautifully by the original artist - if he's willing to spend big money on that (and takes the courtesy to post the results here) than that's his choice. I agree that him b*tching about someone copying the alteration is unnecessary, but at least he got the real thing so why diss him on his spendings?

    Where's that pimped out lands deck? I wanna see that really bad. And if dahcmai is still taking requests: Quinn.

    Too bad I can't really contribute too this thread myself, since the only cards I own which are somewaht "pimp" are:
    - German Wild Nacatls (since they're "Wilder" Nacatls)
    - Foil Foil's (you know, the actual card)
    - Korean Lotus Petals
    - Judge foil Maze of Ith and Natural Order's, although one could argue about the pimpness of that...

    Oh yeah, and I've got a small collection of Scathe Zombies, including some asian ones. Yeah, take that...

    Grtz

  2. #3482
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2010
    Location

    kingston,ontario
    Posts

    151

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    i agree nirves, but you can't take life to seriously, or you won't make it out alive...write that down...It's all in having a good time. As for not contributing, its all in what you think pimp really is, some like jap foil, german, french, non foil..It's what you think pimp is. Its all in taking pride of what you got. Its like sticking 24 inch rims on a 95 escort. You may like it, others may not. Post it if your proud of your deck, I cuoldn't care if others hate my decks I likem alot.

  3. #3483

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by mchainmail View Post
    43 Lands; I haven't seen another person with it pimped at all.
    Very true Judge. I would like to see a pimp 43 lands deck


    Trying to trade into power!!!
    Hit me up if you have any unlimited power that isn't creased. Maybe we can make a deal.

  4. #3484

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro View Post
    many on this site could do alterations just as good if not better.
    LMAO. Really? They shoulda been workin for WotC or WotC can outsource to China too. WotC pays them $20 a piece, it's a win-win situation.
    Last edited by death; 08-18-2010 at 10:19 PM.

  5. #3485
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    ITT - buyer's remorse.


    Yes, I know of at least three posters in this thread that could do an equal job if not better. Just because you have a boner for T. Nielsen doesn't maker her the best artist ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

  6. #3486

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    ITT - buyer's remorse.


    Yes, I know of at least three posters in this thread that could do an equal job if not better. Just because you have a boner for T. Nielsen doesn't maker her the best artist ever.
    I see, I respect your taste. I also see you are a patron in The Awesome Altered Card Art Thread.

  7. #3487
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2010
    Location

    kingston,ontario
    Posts

    151

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    i think poxy and yawg can do the same if not better..poxy is hands down the best, but this conversation belongs in altered thread..

  8. #3488

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by NiRVeS View Post
    Come on, that's just mean. He got his FoW altered beautifully by the original artist - if he's willing to spend big money on that (and takes the courtesy to post the results here) than that's his choice. I agree that him b*tching about someone copying the alteration is unnecessary, but at least he got the real thing so why diss him on his spendings?

    Where's that pimped out lands deck? I wanna see that really bad. And if dahcmai is still taking requests: Quinn.

    Too bad I can't really contribute too this thread myself, since the only cards I own which are somewaht "pimp" are:
    - German Wild Nacatls (since they're "Wilder" Nacatls)
    - Foil Foil's (you know, the actual card)
    - Korean Lotus Petals
    - Judge foil Maze of Ith and Natural Order's, although one could argue about the pimpness of that...

    Oh yeah, and I've got a small collection of Scathe Zombies, including some asian ones. Yeah, take that...

    Grtz
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...l=1#post466885

    That's mine. The board is way out of date, the maindeck is mostly the same. I haven't gotten FBBs, but I'm going to be working on them in the near future.
    Level 2 Judge
    Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA

  9. #3489
    French collector

    Join Date

    Sep 2009
    Posts

    15

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    I once played a "garden" deck i already posted, which was originally meant to be an improved version of 43 lands (in the french metagame at least). I don't play anymore so i have no idea about that though.

    At this point i still had to pimp the top right cards (alterations), and the 4 explorations were meant to be altered as well by BigUp (who did the tabernacle ... that now belongs to a VIPlayer :) )



  10. #3490
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2010
    Location

    kingston,ontario
    Posts

    151

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    very nice, great pic

  11. #3491
    Salt of the earth

    Join Date

    May 2009
    Location

    Canada
    Posts

    4,685

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Unfortunately, I don't have the other 2 in this scan:



    Some NM Bazaars I used to have, numbers are from MS Paint. Sold these, unfortunately.



    Some T2 greed I had around Christmas time. Sold them to buy Dual Lands and Tabernacles :D



    Random old-stuff binder:




    A bunch of these are old pics, unfortunately. When school's done, I'll get on getting some more pics. :(

    -Matt

  12. #3492

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    I love the beta balance! People need to post more stuff like that


    Trying to trade into power!!!
    Hit me up if you have any unlimited power that isn't creased. Maybe we can make a deal.

  13. #3493
    Member

    Join Date

    Mar 2009
    Location

    Austin, TX
    Posts

    52

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by The Pharmacist View Post
    I love the beta balance! People need to post more stuff like that
    Especially because it's banned in Legacy! :)

    But seriously, the Tabernacles are nice. Now just buy 4 Mirror Gallery and you're good to go.

  14. #3494

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by pw709 View Post
    Especially because it's banned in Legacy! :)

    But seriously, the Tabernacles are nice. Now just buy 4 Mirror Gallery and you're good to go.
    Thanks for telling me that it's banned in legacy! Like I didn't know this


    Trying to trade into power!!!
    Hit me up if you have any unlimited power that isn't creased. Maybe we can make a deal.

  15. #3495

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    LMAO. Really? They shoulda been workin with WotC or WotC can outsource from China too. WotC them $20 a piece, it's a win-win situation.

    I'm willing to bet Poxy can do that same FoW alter just as well as Terese. It might even come out cleaner than hers since her alters aren't exactly in the same league as Spencers (who is in a league of his own). In case you haven't seen Poxy's alters take a look...



    Oh and if you think I'm not a good judge I'll just let you know that I have probably seen more artist altered cards in person than anyone on this forum. I also own quite a few...


  16. #3496
    Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    ivanpei's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts

    1,202

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    I've lots of english foil legacy staples like MM brainstorms, standstills, thoughtseize, goyf, but they're boring so I'll post my harder to find Japanese/Korean stuff. Enjoy! I also own the a playset of foil Altered Jace TMS by Jason Chan. One of em was posted earlier. I'll post mine below.



    Everything is Jap except for the Korean BB Wrath of God and the Korean Natural order.


    This Natural Order, IMO is pretty damn pimp.

    My babies:


    The zoom ins:




    And this is for my iona retainers survival:
    Man fetching this out is just insane fun and major jawdrop for opponents:


    Hope you guys like it! Cheers, Ivan.

  17. #3497
    Psycho Crusher
    Plague Sliver's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2010
    Location

    The 'Jing
    Posts

    496

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Those Jaces...I think I just crapped my pants. Even more impressive is that 2 of them are Japanese foil. Nicely done.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

  18. #3498
    Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    yawg07's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2007
    Location

    Rittman, OH
    Posts

    507

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Someone over on MTGS was bitching because someone had a very similar alter commissioned to theirs.
    Sorry, but they aren't copyrighted or trademarked, and the chivalry among altered artists isn't that high.
    If someone really likes something they've seen, and doesn't want to pay what it would cost to get the other done, someone out there will paint it for them.
    Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

  19. #3499
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2010
    Location

    kingston,ontario
    Posts

    151

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    To the pics by poxy on previous page man i love the cabal therapies and i really like those jaces as well. i would like to meet chan so he can sign my stuff lol.

  20. #3500
    Magic Librarian
    Occam's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2007
    Location

    Johannes de Silentio
    Posts

    399

    Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Not trying to be rude, but anyone calling out Terese Nielson imitators is pretty much not understanding the irony in wanting artistic honesty while commisioning work from someone who has made an altering career of violating precisely that. Not wrong or anything, but glass houses and all that.

    Too bad most of my collection is in toploaders or screwdowns. I could post some really nice decks. For example, my geddon stax deck (lacking about 4 of the korean cards now) if I chose to put it together would be multiples of the four thousand dollar solution. Maybe some time soon.
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)