Page 126 of 343 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

  1. #2501
    Salt of the earth

    Join Date

    May 2009
    Location

    Canada
    Posts

    4,685

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Nice $12 Volcanic Island. Congrats! Rolling back prices to pre-2003!

    -Matt

  2. #2502
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Vendilion Clique is at $30+? Is this real life?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

  3. #2503

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Vendilion Clique is at $30+? Is this real life?
    Clique is super duper good. But I can't see it at the prices it's at now. It's not as old as something like Confidant or ubiquitous as Goyf. Blue seems neutered in Modern so I don't think clique will see much play there. It "feels" like a 20$ card to me.

  4. #2504

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    So, I should unload my shocklands, grove, etc. now while the price is inflated? Will they drop back down to their normal prices eventually?

  5. #2505
    Not playing Bant
    Bignasty197's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Rockwall, Texas
    Posts

    228

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hyperchord24 View Post
    So, I should unload my shocklands, grove, etc. now while the price is inflated? Will they drop back down to their normal prices eventually?
    That depends on what you think "normal" prices are. I picked up 4 Groves a while back for $3 a piece and yesterday a guy valued them at $20 a piece. I highly doubt they will go back to $3 unless they see a reprint soon.
    Asylum EDH: Foil or go home.

  6. #2506
    Just call me Dick.
    Richard Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2011
    Location

    Your mom's house.
    Posts

    2,105

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Found a Chinese Morningtide booster box for ~$90. Worth it?
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

    "Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

  7. #2507
    Salt of the earth

    Join Date

    May 2009
    Location

    Canada
    Posts

    4,685

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    What else is in that set? Clique pays for a third of the cost, if you open one.

    -Matt

  8. #2508

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    What else is in that set? Clique pays for a third of the cost, if you open one.

    -Matt
    Mutavault and Bitterblossom. Vaults are the same as Cliques right now.

  9. #2509

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hyperchord24 View Post
    So, I should unload my shocklands, grove, etc. now while the price is inflated? Will they drop back down to their normal prices eventually?
    If you feel that shocklands will be reprinted, unload them while they are super high. The other poster did it right by unloading them into good card(s) like Volcanic Island. Vendilion Clique is definitely overvalued at the moment, but will probably settle higher than the the price that it once sat at i.e. less than $10 which in my opinion made it undervalued. It should settle around 15-20, possibly a little higher than that now that more people are aware of how much Vendilion Clique sees play in Vintage (3 of the top 8 Gencon decks had cliques), massive play in Legacy (any deck playing islands usually has cliques in the main or side), EDH (most blue decks) and now Modern even though blue in general is pretty castrated.

  10. #2510
    (previously Metalwalker)
    GGoober's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2008
    Location

    Houston, TX
    Posts

    1,647

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I'll trade my 4 Clique for an Underground Sea + something. The market and consumers need to grow a brain before there are no more brains for zombies to feast on.
    Decks that I care about:
    Steel Stompy
    UWx Landstill
    Dreadstalker
    DDFT (10% practice)

    Mangara on MWS? You must be masochistic. -kiblast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    REB is a fantastic sideboard card against blue... in blue decks :/

  11. #2511
    Member

    Join Date

    Mar 2009
    Location

    Austin, TX
    Posts

    52

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Found a Chinese Morningtide booster box for ~$90. Worth it?
    I decided against getting the box from them (MTGMintCard) when they still had it at $60. Definitely not a good pick up with the new price.

  12. #2512
    Ooh... Shiny!

    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Raincouver
    Posts

    694

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pw709 View Post
    I decided against getting the box from them (MTGMintCard) when they still had it at $60. Definitely not a good pick up with the new price.
    I'd have done it at 60. Some really cool cards in it.

  13. #2513
    Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    kiblast's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Somewhere in Europe.
    Posts

    1,232

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    So, I just sold my 4 Vesuvas (paid like 6$ for the set) for 60$.And some shops are already selling it at 20$each. Lol modern.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

  14. #2514

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Lol @ modern being just as expensive as legacy. This is just nuts.
    It seems like people don't get that the reason legacy staples are expensive is because of the small print run..

  15. #2515
    Member

    Join Date

    Mar 2009
    Location

    Austin, TX
    Posts

    52

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    I'd have done it at 60. Some really cool cards in it.
    Yeah, I went through the rest of the cards and there are a few others that are in demand, but none are worth more than a few bucks. You'll only get 2/3 of the money cards (Clique, Vault, Blossom) on average, leaving you down even if you picked up the box at $60. There's a reason it was so cheap though: most of that stuff is really hard to sell in Chinese.

  16. #2516
    Vatija Mlohavich
    swoop's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2010
    Location

    Croatia
    Posts

    490

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Two NM cliques for 15$ just arrived. sexeh
    PTT (Formerly of MTT) - We make Champion

  17. #2517
    Epic Library
    Brushwagg's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2004
    Location

    Syracuse New York
    Posts

    2,160

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I like how Modern is made to be more new player freindly but the prices of every thing shot way up already. I don't see the prices of stuff coming down anytime soon because the meta isn't up and going yet.

    Stuff in the better decks will go higher and those stupid shock duals will only go up also, if not reprinted in some form or another.
    Quote Scrumdogg @ Amrod's:
    "Didn't you know that Mike Glow invented this format?? We are all just renting it."

    The EPIC Syndicate - Grindermen
    Team Disquailified Poster Duey Cheatem & Howe.

    The stories of my demise have been grossly exaggerated

  18. #2518

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Well it does make sense when you think about it, it is probably the same audience that went into legacy the past couple of years, causing prices to spike and unbanned cards to skyrocket off speculation.

  19. #2519
    Member
    joemauer's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2011
    Location

    Louisiana
    Posts

    683

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    So all these modern cards are exploding, right. But when is a good time to really unload them? When is the next PTQ or any other tourneys for modern?

  20. #2520
    Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    kiblast's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Somewhere in Europe.
    Posts

    1,232

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joemauer View Post
    But when is a good time to really unload them?
    I don't care much about modern, so for me the good time is now. I have 12 Shocklands I purchased for 3-4 euros each and I think the best time to unload is now. I'm also wondering how much a foil Watery Grave should go for ?
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)