View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

    16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

    4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

    35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

    34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

    103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

    46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

    2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

    4 2.08%
  • Standstill

    6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

    8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 306 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406806 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,120 of 23660

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

  1. #6101
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,533

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Just because some random dude wrote an article for SCG doesn't mean unbanning MM is okay - at all.

    1. The main reason of it being mandatory isn't gone and will never go away.
    2. It boosts blue decks even further and we already have a ridiculous amout of blue decks in format.
    3. Snapcaster exists now.

  2. #6102
    itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Julian23's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Location

    Munich / Germany
    Posts

    3,141

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dia_Bot View Post
    But I don't think It's a fun card and it doesn't open up any new decks or archytypes
    Deedstill, NO RUG. These decks were insanely powerful during that era. If you didn't recognize these decks during the MM era, you were probably not going deep enough.

    I would also rather see MM stay banned (and honestly, it will stay banned) but not acknowledging said decks is a mistake.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

  3. #6103

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Deedstill, NO RUG. These decks were insanely powerful during that era. If you didn't recognize these decks during the MM era, you were probably not going deep enough.

    I would also rather see MM stay banned (and honestly, it will stay banned) but not acknowledging said decks is a mistake.
    I must admit you are right. I somehow totally forgot about those decks when making that statement. The "not fun" part however stays true.
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Nilla Pac View Post
    I've goldfished with Doomsday decks about twenty times and I still haven't won a game yet.

  4. #6104
    banned

    Join Date

    Jul 2013
    Location

    black metal bed room
    Posts

    2,188

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Mental Misstep greatly reduced format diversity while forcing decks to run it as a 4-of (lol Goblins) just to have a fightning chance. It was certainly banworthy.
    I thought Dia_Bot meant Mind's Desire.

  5. #6105
    Site Contributor
    Admiral_Arzar's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2010
    Location

    Denver, CO
    Posts

    1,289

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    I thought Dia_Bot meant Mind's Desire.
    I'm pretty sure Goblin's Desire would break the format wide open.
    Lord of the Chalice

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

    Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

  6. #6106
    Win or lose, it begins with...
    Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts

    2,184

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    I thought Dia_Bot meant Mind's Desire.
    The two Mental Misstep posts immediately preceeding Dia_Bot's "it would be safe to unban" post led me to believe Dia_Bot was referring to Mental Misstep. If he was referring to Mind's Desire, I apologize.
    Discussing the impact of True-Name Nemesis on Legacy:

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Rach View Post
    And format warping itself isn't necessarily a bad thing for that matter.

  7. #6107
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Posts

    5,170

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I hope they don't unban Misstep. Man, Combo decks are hurting as it is already. Plus I hate playing against pure control decks.
    I hope they don't unban it because Combo decks that win by giving you 4/4 Titans are stupid.

  8. #6108

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I hope they don't unban it because Combo decks that win by giving you 4/4 Titans are stupid.
    And combo.deck that put overwhelming creatures/enchantment for only 3 T2 it's not stupid?

  9. #6109
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    It's funny how legacy players defend the format by saying that it is fun and interactive and not broken, then go on the internet and bitch about how combo decks are broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  10. #6110
    Administrator
    Zilla's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2003
    Location

    Portland, OR
    Posts

    5,532

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    It's funny how legacy players defend the format by saying that it is fun and interactive and not broken, then go on the internet and bitch about how combo decks are broken.
    I could be wrong, but I think the prevailing sentiment is that Legacy is fun because it's both interactive and broken. That's what sets it apart from every other format.

  11. #6111

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    14 of top 16 decks at SCG tonight were Brainstorm decks. Fwiw.
    So, business as usual, then.
    Nowhere do you see: Efficient Answers to Other Cards. Force and MMS will never be banned. Deal.
    Bardo, Site Admin

  12. #6112
    Member
    jrw1985's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Kapa'a HI
    Posts

    412

    Brainstorm

  13. #6113

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think the prevailing sentiment is that Legacy is fun because it's both interactive and broken. That's what sets it apart from every other format.
    This. This is how I feel about it.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

  14. #6114

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    This. This is how I feel about it.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    You don't like running Gray Ogres and Hill Giants into each other while casting terror when a Serra Angel shows up?

  15. #6115

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by testing32 View Post
    You don't like running Gray Ogres and Hill Giants into each other while casting terror when a Serra Angel shows up?
    OF course not - that's far too vanilla! IF we're not cheating into play giant spaghetti monsters and Demons that refill your hand, we're making Battering Germs and pointy sticks of doom, with the one thing you can't really stop driving a truck whilst pointing said stick at your face. OR you're drowing in horror, being ambushed in the hills and being smote by a stroke of genius. Or we unleash the fury of brain-melting therapy whilst bloodying elves and giant monsters.

    Ogres and Giants running into one another whilst an Angel recoils in terror is just...meh, when compared to that.

  16. #6116

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think the prevailing sentiment is that Legacy is fun because it's both interactive and broken. That's what sets it apart from every other format.
    Yes, allow me to rephrase: Legacy is fun because it's constantly innovating, occasionally interactive, when it's not, often perceived as broken. Currently meta:
    TNN decks > Combo decks, Loam decks > TNN decks, Combo decks > Loam decks.

  17. #6117
    banned

    Join Date

    Jul 2013
    Location

    black metal bed room
    Posts

    2,188

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Ogres and Giants running into one another whilst an Angel recoils in terror is just...meh, when compared to that.
    I'd love to play this. Sadly, not even Limited is about Gray Ogres and such, as all the new creatures are complicated, or even if they are (nigh) vanilla, they somehow suck. Or they are not nice.And you know, Modern frame...

    I even wanted to build an all-4thEd EDH, but as there's no one to play such crap with, and moreover I don't like EDH too much, I abstained.

  18. #6118
    Member
    GoblinZ's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2010
    Location

    Beijing/Shenzhen
    Posts

    370

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by testing32 View Post
    You don't like running Gray Ogres and Hill Giants into each other while casting terror when a Serra Angel shows up?
    I think this is much better than people smashing each other with TNN...Actually I miss the old day, there was no tnn, no goyf...
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

  19. #6119

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Nostalgia is less useful than another hole in my head. I personally hated playing with crap like Fledgling Dragon.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

  20. #6120

    Re: All B/R update speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    I think this is much better than people smashing each other with TNN...Actually I miss the old day, there was no tnn, no goyf...
    I don't miss those days. I love my broken magic that is kept in check by other broken magic.

    Ironically, it's those old cards that are most broken (power nine, etc).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)