Page 194 of 343 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

  1. #3861
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Hopefully I didn't get ripped by the random Canadian MOTL guy for my Vengevines... The rippers are always fucking Canadian.

    I find it quite hilarious that the MOTL and High End magic group are both flooded with Faerie cards that have spiked. And also everyone and their mother is trying to buy foil deathrites at 40 dollar now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  2. #3862
    Member
    mini1337s's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2011
    Location

    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts

    614

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Hopefully I didn't get ripped by the random Canadian MOTL guy for my Vengevines... The rippers are always fucking Canadian.

    I find it quite hilarious that the MOTL and High End magic group are both flooded with Faerie cards that have spiked. And also everyone and their mother is trying to buy foil deathrites at 40 dollar now.
    Shoot me his details and I'm happy to let you know if it's safe.

    High-end Magic group is a waste of fucking time. Got out of that ages ago; a bigger nonsensical circlejerk than the B/R thread.

  3. #3863
    Zombie Elf Warrior
    danyul's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2004
    Location

    seattle
    Posts

    966

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post
    Shoot me his details and I'm happy to let you know if it's safe.

    High-end Magic group is a waste of fucking time. Got out of that ages ago; a bigger nonsensical circlejerk than the B/R thread.
    Are there better/more convenient online communities? I am honestly curious. I don't know, and I was thinking of possibly selling a few things.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

  4. #3864
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post
    Shoot me his details and I'm happy to let you know if it's safe.

    High-end Magic group is a waste of fucking time. Got out of that ages ago; a bigger nonsensical circlejerk than the B/R thread.
    I'll PM you his MOTL handle. To be fair, mail may be slow so it could just be that. He has good refs (hence why I was okay with sending first). Still. I almost got ripped by Strickland a couple months back on a fake profile so I am always a little hesitant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  5. #3865

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    another card that was being held back by the omnipresent shaman is Vengevine ... it's also a Mythic from an insanely hard to find set ...
    Lotus Cobra could fill some of the gap by DRS, mythic mana accel guy. Although it was from a very opened set, unlike Vengevine.

  6. #3866
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    Are there better/more convenient online communities? I am honestly curious. I don't know, and I was thinking of possibly selling a few things.
    Sorry for the double post, but generally it's okay to sell on MOTL as long as you make sure you get paid first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  7. #3867
    Member
    mini1337s's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2011
    Location

    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts

    614

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    Are there better/more convenient online communities? I am honestly curious. I don't know, and I was thinking of possibly selling a few things.
    http://forums.magictraders.com/Ultimate.cgi is my choice, but it's expected that members with low references send to high ref members before receiving payment. Lots of value hustlers.
    High End Magic is flaky as hell and people act like hotter shit than they really are. There are good members, many of whom are on this forum, but there is a TON of chaff that commit to a trade/sale and never fall through.
    I've heard ok things about Pucatrade, but never tried it out. Same with Deckbox, but I can't imagine it's much different than Magic Online Traders.
    Honestly, any online trading community has its toxic members and shitty experiences, so it really boils down to personal preference. I've got 5 digits in MOTL Buys/Sales/Trades without any notable issues (1 or 2 minor condition discrepancies, but all worked out well).

  8. #3868
    Zombie Elf Warrior
    danyul's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2004
    Location

    seattle
    Posts

    966

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I'll look into some of those other options. The FB group is fun for browsing but I too have found it somewhat impractical for transactions over $100. It just feels too insecure. Thanks for the tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

  9. #3869

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ahg113 View Post
    Lotus Cobra could fill some of the gap by DRS, mythic mana accel guy. Although it was from a very opened set, unlike Vengevine.
    Yeah, that's a good call. It's pretty explosive with fetchlands. I've been looking for Russian Cobra 3 and 4 for fucking ever.

  10. #3870
    Member
    jamesh's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Zealand
    Posts

    348

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post
    High-end Magic group is a waste of fucking time. Got out of that ages ago; a bigger nonsensical circlejerk than the B/R thread.
    it's fucking terrible
    ebay is still the best option for pimp items - it takes a long time but you can eventually get everything you want at the best prices
    mtgpimp

  11. #3871
    Site Contributor
    apple713's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2012
    Location

    Manhattan, NY
    Posts

    2,086

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post
    Shoot me his details and I'm happy to let you know if it's safe.

    High-end Magic group is a waste of fucking time. Got out of that ages ago; a bigger nonsensical circlejerk than the B/R thread.
    I though that fb group would be usefull but its like all the seller have never been to ebay and are asking premiums. The other half of the posts arny very high end. Foil blood moons.... There are non foil standard cards worth more
    Play 4 Card Blind!

    Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

    Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

    why cards are so expensive...hoarders

  12. #3872
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    I though that fb group would be usefull but its like all the seller have never been to ebay and are asking premiums. The other half of the posts arny very high end. Foil blood moons.... There are non foil standard cards worth more
    Yeah half the people in there just want retarded prices. Guy offered me 130 on Gaea's Cradle... As if I can't get it at my LGS for that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  13. #3873
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,533

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    What the hell has happened to Noble Hierarch?

    It's obviously related to the Modern Banned List changes, but do people except more Zoo now or what's the reason?

  14. #3874
    Member
    mini1337s's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2011
    Location

    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts

    614

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    What the hell has happened to Noble Hierarch?

    It's obviously related to the Modern Banned List changes, but do people except more Zoo now or what's the reason?
    Well, DRS is gone, so now this is the premier Mana Dork. Lots of spec too, but generally just the DRS replacement.

  15. #3875
    Win or lose, it begins with...
    Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts

    2,184

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    What the hell has happened to Noble Hierarch?

    It's obviously related to the Modern Banned List changes, but do people except more Zoo now or what's the reason?
    Zoo, maybe. I suspect it's also because Pod is looking really, really well positioned right now.
    Discussing the impact of True-Name Nemesis on Legacy:

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Rach View Post
    And format warping itself isn't necessarily a bad thing for that matter.

  16. #3876
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,533

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Zoo, maybe. I suspect it's also because Pod is looking really, really well positioned right now.
    It's probably Zoo, considering how KotR and Arid Mesa rose in price as well.

  17. #3877
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    6,997

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It's probably Zoo, considering how KotR and Arid Mesa rose in price as well.
    My bet is also on Big Zoo (feat. elspeth and Garruk Relentless)
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

    Join us at Facebook!

    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

    Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

  18. #3878
    Member
    jamesh's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Zealand
    Posts

    348

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
    Wasteland has just doubled its price in the last month. Star City is selling it for $25. Even Troll and Toad is offering this tempest rare land for $20. This cards, if I am not committing a mistake, closed the year 2009 in a healthy 10 dollars per each.
    Now sold out at $100 - it's actually an uncommon.
    mtgpimp

  19. #3879
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Nov 2009
    Posts

    282

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    Now sold out at $100 - it's actually an uncommon.
    I blame pack to power, quietspeculation.com (Creation date: 10 Jun 2009 14:03:00 ), mystics, and the starcitygames open circuit

  20. #3880
    Site Contributor
    apple713's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2012
    Location

    Manhattan, NY
    Posts

    2,086

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    Now sold out at $100 - it's actually an uncommon.
    Untill it gets a mass reprint

    It will be healthy for modern
    Play 4 Card Blind!

    Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

    Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

    why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)