Page 66 of 263 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 5249

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Pox

  1. #1301
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    What i would like to see is a Drain Life with delve mechanic.

  2. #1302
    bruizar
    Guest

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    4-2 did yesterday. I was in third place.
    Here are the results:

    Pox 2x1 Reanimator
    Pox 2x1 BUG
    Pox 0x2 UR Burn
    Pox 2x1 Merfolk
    Pox 1x2 Death and Taxes
    Pox 2x0 UR Burn


    My Deck:

    4 Mishra's Factory
    13 Swamp
    4 Wasteland
    3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmo..
    1 Maze of Ith

    2 Nether Spirit

    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Spinning Darkness
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Inquisition of Kozilek
    4 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Nether Void
    2 Cursed Scroll
    1 Pox
    3 Dark Ritual
    3 Innocent Blood
    4 Sinkhole
    1 Toxic Deluge
    4 Smallpox


    Sideboard

    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Spinning Darkness
    2 Extirpate
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Engineered Plague
    Please try Empty the Pits. You're already running Dark Ritual and the entire deck fuels the graveyard. If there is ever a deck for Empty the Pits, this is it.

  3. #1303
    Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Chatto's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2011
    Location

    The World
    Posts

    1,011

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Empty the Pit looks like fun,but seems so damn expensive. How much zombie tokens do you think you can get?

  4. #1304
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Not as many that Ant/Pif get.

    If I could draw it when needed, and not in my starting seven, then maybe...
    I suspect it will turn out too expensive for decks running pox. BG loam could run it, but then again Merit Lage is better for them.

  5. #1305

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Empty the Pit the pit looks cool and even has nice artwork..but it feels so slow..i think i'd pick work harvest first than it..even for mono black..

  6. #1306

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by ntropy View Post
    How do you like your Wrench Minds? Its a card that I've thought about a lot, since it dodges my own Chalice of the Voids, but I've never actually found room for them. My instinct would be to cut two of them for a 4th Living Wish and one Sylvan Library. I've never used Living wish in my list, but I might try it out. It seems like it could be really strong.
    hi, my deck have wrench mind, but i want to take out small pox, LOL. and put in Night to Betrtayal, and engineered plague. but...then its not consider a pox deck..haha:

    //Lands (24)
    4 Bayou
    1 Forest
    1 Swamp
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    3 Thespian's Stage
    3 Dark Depths

    //Spells (37)
    4 Mox Diamond
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Life from the Loam
    1 Sylvan Library
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Living Wish
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    4 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Smallpox--------------------> vampire hexmage is an option since it can compare off 2nd turn.
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Sinkhole
    4 Wrench Mind

    //Sideboard
    SB: 3 Phyrexian Revoker
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 2 Krosan Grip
    SB: 2 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 1 Dark Depths
    SB: 1 Thespian's Stage
    SB: 1 Tombstalker
    SB: 1 Vampire Hexmage
    SB: 1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    SB: 1 Karakas
    SB: 1 Glacial Chasm

  7. #1307
    Remnant of the worst Case Scenario, an Immortal

    Join Date

    Mar 2010
    Location

    Metropolis Prime
    Posts

    687

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by sarahiscute View Post
    hi, my deck have wrench mind, but i want to take out small pox, LOL. and put in Night to Betrtayal, and engineered plague. but...then its not consider a pox deck..haha:

    //Lands (24)
    4 Bayou
    1 Forest
    1 Swamp
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    3 Thespian's Stage
    3 Dark Depths

    //Spells (37)
    4 Mox Diamond
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Life from the Loam
    1 Sylvan Library
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Living Wish
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    4 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Smallpox--------------------> vampire hexmage is an option since it can compare off 2nd turn.
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Sinkhole
    4 Wrench Mind

    //Sideboard
    SB: 3 Phyrexian Revoker
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 2 Krosan Grip
    SB: 2 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 1 Dark Depths
    SB: 1 Thespian's Stage
    SB: 1 Tombstalker
    SB: 1 Vampire Hexmage
    SB: 1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    SB: 1 Karakas
    SB: 1 Glacial Chasm
    take out wrench mind, put in 2 small pox, 1 pox, 1 night of souls' betrayal. [booyah]
    Three Lilianas to rule them all. One Pox to find them. Smallpox to bring them all and in the Sinkhole bind them!

  8. #1308
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Went 3-1 with this deck yesterday.


    4 Bloodghast
    2 Tombstalker
    3 Street Wraith

    3 Shrieking Affliction

    4 Inquisition of Kozilek
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Innocent Blood
    4 Smallpox
    4 Pox
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Wrench Mind

    4 The Rack

    16 Swamp
    1 Dakmor Salvage

    SIDEBOARD (15)

    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    4 Surgical Extraction
    2 Necroplasm
    3 Cabal Therapy
    2 Darkblast


    I had no problems with life loss.
    (Pox reduced the effect by a third too.)
    I am quite happy with it, and will only add a third tombstalker and improve the sideboard.

    I defeated 12 post, BUG Delver, PiF and lost to
    Manaless dredge.

  9. #1309
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    I may add Sun Droplet against burn. As I understand it Droplet stacks, right?

  10. #1310
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2013
    Location

    Paris, France
    Posts

    493

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    I may add Sun Droplet against burn. As I understand it Droplet stacks, right?
    Yes.
    I used to be playing this card back in 2004/5.
    I took once 19 damages from an affinity player before "God wrathing" his world and crawled back to 20 before killing him, eventually.
    That was fun.

    However, I wouldn't play it against burn. You are straight walking into their sideboarding strategy (artefact hate mainly).

  11. #1311
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    True, but I have these cards to choose from:
    Chalice which would hurt myself, Siphon Life that cost lands to retrace and droplet that is cheap to cast:-).
    Hopefully I can protect with my discard.

    Cool game vs affinity
    Those decks are too damn fast for me.

  12. #1312
    Member

    Join Date

    Dec 2011
    Location

    Norway
    Posts

    301

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    True, but I have these cards to choose from:
    Chalice which would hurt myself, Siphon Life that cost lands to retrace and droplet that is cheap to cast:-).
    Hopefully I can protect with my discard.

    Cool game vs affinity
    Those decks are too damn fast for me.
    Leyline of Sanctity is strong vs burn as well.

  13. #1313
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Yeah, but i put that out of my mind when I saw how expensive it was.

  14. #1314

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    what do you mean, man....i don't think its meant to be cast..

  15. #1315
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Cheapest goes for 14 Euro at Magiccardmarket.eu...

  16. #1316

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    Cheapest goes for 14 Euro at Magiccardmarket.eu...
    he he he he..sorry i didn't understood you at first..
    you're right, i think its about 19-20$ today in the market..

  17. #1317
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Something to spend prize money on for sure.

  18. #1318

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    This price is still good.
    Here in Brazil is between R$ 69.99 and R$ 92.22.
    Turning in U.S. dollars, so you have an idea, is between US$ 29.05 and US$ 38.25.
    Damn country and your taxes.

    Returning to the POX ...
    Do not believe Empty The Pits is for this deck.

  19. #1319
    Member
    Will_L's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    Ontario, Canada
    Posts

    93

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    I've been playing this list to great success locally. I've been testing jamming Braids and she really has been spectacular in my build


    x3 Mishra's Factory
    x3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    x4 Wasteland
    x14 Swamp

    x1 Nether Void
    x1 Haunted Plate-Mail
    x2 Toxic Deluge
    x2 Cursed Scroll
    x2 Crucible of Worlds
    x2 Braids, Cabal Minion
    x2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    x4 Smallpox
    x4 Hymn to Tourach
    x4 Dark Ritual
    x4 Innocent Blood
    x4 Sinkhole
    x4 Liliana of the Veil

    SB

    x1 Damnation
    x1 Perish
    x1 Chains of Mephistopheles
    x2 Umezawa's Jitte
    x2 Disfigure
    x2 Massacre
    x2 Grafdigger's Cage
    x2 Extirpate
    x2 Trinisphere


    Any glaring omissions? Sometimes it feels a little threat light... What to people think about 7 colorless lands versus 8? (4th Factory)

    is 4 Urborg really bad? I've never tested it... Interested in the experience of people who have played 8 colorless 4 urborg
    Last edited by Will_L; 09-29-2014 at 01:20 PM.
    Pox
    Imperial Painter
    Team America

  20. #1320
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Yep, 8 threats is not much. You risk go an entire game never see any. Tomb of Urami would work with crucible, or mutavault.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)