Page 139 of 338 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 6756

Thread: [Deck] 12 Post

  1. #2761
    Member

    Join Date

    Dec 2013
    Location

    Europe
    Posts

    217

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post
    The deck is all about survival until the epic turn/turns/infinite turns where things swing in your favor.

    The easiest way to beat the deck is to keep it off us off of colored or uncolored mana. Any deck with stifles and wastelands is difficult. Price of progress is obviously a beating too. That card is usually counter/chasm or loose. Some decks rely on Bloodmoon to get you. Occasionally it does, but it's not that hard to play around, you just to fetch basics preemptively and vesuva basics if necessary.
    Right now Wastelands are really hard to find at tournaments, and with Crop and Needle they are no real problem. Stifle can be nasty, but isn't very popular as well. I often love to see Blood Moon game two, because it slows opponents down as well. Buys enough time to deploy 2-3 Cloudposts before Krosan Grip out of the SB opens the Gate to wonderland :-) PoP is a huge problem and difficult to deal with, that's right. Counters are your friends here.

  2. #2762
    Member
    PilotChick's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2014
    Location

    PA
    Posts

    59

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Let's see some decklists! what did everyone run at the GP?

  3. #2763
    Ganymede Gamer
    winglerw28's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2014
    Location

    Berea, OH
    Posts

    93

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by feline View Post
    I did plan on basic Island / Forest as there are things like Blood Moons running around. (Ty Repeal!)

    Does this deck typically win 95% of the time once a Primeval Titan is resolved? I'd imagine against creature based strategies especially, or tempo strategies, resolving a 6/6 trampler and gaining life ruins their day most of the time.
    Primeval Titan generally wins you the game when it hits, or at least facilitates establishing supreme inevitability that will cause you to win unless your opponent has the stone cold nuts.

    As for the list, this is the generic list I like. It is slightly off, but is a great blank palette for working with while you're trying to learn the deck. Once you're comfortable with that list, you can move away from the 4-ofs to 3 Top, 3 Crop, 3 Repeal and a slightly modified landbase to gear the deck in another direction that you like. If you want an example of a more modified list, I always keep my current list in my signature and actually updated it earlier today.

    Quote Originally Posted by PilotChick View Post
    Let's see some decklists! what did everyone run at the GP?


    EDIT: This is the list I played.

    I've been thinking of trying Life from the Loam as a way to build advantage with Zuran Orb, and it has additional utility of being able to put Crop Rotation targets back in your deck when paired with Eldrazi.
    Last edited by winglerw28; 11-18-2014 at 12:27 PM.

  4. #2764
    Member

    Join Date

    Nov 2013
    Location

    Dallas
    Posts

    67

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Gp list i ran, 11-4 124th

    [cards]// Lands
    2 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [IA] Island
    1 [IA] forest
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    1 [R] Bayou
    1 [R] Underground Sea
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    1 [AVR] cavern of souls

    // Creatures
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 [ROE] Ulamog, the infinite gyre
    1 [5DN] trinket mage



    // Spells
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [5E] Brainstorm
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [GP] Repeal
    4 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    1 [AQ] Candelabra of tawnos
    2 [US] Show and Tell
    2 [SoK] Pithing Needle
    1 [5DN] Engineered explosives
    2 [ODY] moment's peace
    1 [CMD] Flusterstorm


    // Sideboard
    SB: 2 [THS] Swan Song
    SB: 4 [AL] Force of Will
    SB: 2 [UL] Engineered Plague
    SB: 1 [RTR] Golgari Charm
    SB: 4 [R] Blue Elemental Blast
    SB: 2 [ZEN] Mindbreak trap

    I cut the garden and oracle for this event due to drop in bug delver to make room for black splash, i wanted to be better prepared for elves. didnt see any elves but it did work for infect. the splash didnt bite me in the ass the entire event. being able to add two more black sources and keep both basics is why i guess. if i could run it back, i would run 4 moments peace in the 75 and a 4th repeal

    rounds went
    1 bye
    2 bye
    3 uwr delver W
    4 infect W
    5 ur delver W
    6 sneak and show L
    7 maverick W
    8 miracles W
    9 uwr delver W
    10 dead guy ale or junk, not sure but i got wrecked L
    11 uwr delver L
    12 burn with cruise W
    13 sneak and show L
    14 uwr delver W
    15 Ur delver with eidilon and clique W

    i was really unhappy lossing twice to sneak and show, I think the matchup is great for this deck

    i also listed my archtype as sultai midrange, in the meta breakdown it only list 1 "locus ramp" deck

    will edit later, im at work

  5. #2765

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by caw_86 View Post
    Gp list i ran, 11-4 124th

    [cards]// Lands
    2 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [IA] Island
    1 [IA] forest
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    1 [R] Bayou
    1 [R] Underground Sea
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    1 [AVR] cavern of souls

    // Creatures
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 [ROE] Ulamog, the infinite gyre
    1 [5DN] trinket mage

    // Spells
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [5E] Brainstorm
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [GP] Repeal
    4 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    1 [AQ] Candelabra of tawnos
    2 [US] Show and Tell
    2 [SoK] Pithing Needle
    1 [5DN] Engineered explosives
    2 [ODY] moment's peace
    1 [CMD] Flusterstorm

    // Sideboard
    SB: 2 [THS] Swan Song
    SB: 4 [AL] Force of Will
    SB: 2 [UL] Engineered Plague
    SB: 1 [RTR] Golgari Charm
    SB: 4 [R] Blue Elemental Blast
    SB: 2 [ZEN] Mindbreak trap
    Just out of curiosity, was the omission of tabernacle just because you didn't own one, or did you decide not to include it?

  6. #2766
    Member
    maCHOOga's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2014
    Location

    Baltimore, MD
    Posts

    330

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    GP List I ran with...5-3 on the day. :-/

    Artifact (2)
    2x Candelabra of Tawnos

    Instant (16)
    4x Brainstorm
    3x Chain of Vapor
    3x Crop Rotation
    3x Force of Will
    3x Repeal

    Sorcery (9)
    4x Ponder
    2x Show and Tell
    3x Treasure Cruise

    Creature (6)
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1x Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    4x Primeval Titan

    Land (27)
    1x Cavern of Souls
    4x Cloudpost
    1x Eye of Ugin
    2x Flooded Strand
    1x Forest
    1x Glacial Chasm
    4x Glimmerpost
    1x Island
    1x Karakas
    4x Misty Rainforest
    1x Scalding Tarn
    1x The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4x Tropical Island
    1x Vesuva

    *Sideboard*
    3x Blue Elemental Blast
    1x Bojuka Bog
    1x Chill
    2x Elephant Grass
    2x Engineered Explosives
    2x Flusterstorm
    1x Show and Tell
    1x Surgical Extraction
    2x Swan Song

    Matchups
    1 - Bye Win 2-0
    2 - Bye Win 2-0
    3 - 4Color Delver Loose 0-2
    G1: On the play I repealed a DRS on turn 2 to slow him down. He then wastelands my 1 colored source and I can no longer play any of the 8 colored spells I draw.
    G2: I get 3x wastelanded in this game. I EE to destroy 2 Deathrites. Utlimately, I end up with 5 mana, without any posts. I crop rotation for Cavern, leaving me with 5 mana. I need to draw any mana producing land to push to game 3. The draw...Eye of Ugin.
    **Begin Car Moving Intermission**
    4 - Miracles 2-0
    5 - UR Delver 2-0
    6 - UR Delver 1-2
    Unlike my last opponent this round my delver play had the stone cold nuts.
    G1: 2x Monastery swiftspears were 8/9's attacking. I retrieve glacial chasm. When glacial chasm expires I'm at 11 after lifegain with a primetime in play. I get triple lightning bolted and attacked for exactsies.
    G2: I gum up the board with elephant grasses, resolve primetime and grind him to a halt.
    G3: He draws triple monastery swiftspears. I have 2 life, 6 mana and a primetime. He has two in hand, FoW and blue card. I had to go for it, I was dead on board.
    7 - MUD 2-1
    G1: Blightsteel shows up. I crop rotation for glacial chasm. Take 0 infect. Hardcast Kozilek & Repeal Blightsteel.
    G2: I mulligan to 6 and have FoW, blue card, surgical extraction, ponder and lands. I FoW metaworker and surgical it. I see Forgemaster, Forgemaster & Metamorph. I draw nothing & eventually get blightsteeled.
    G3: I lead off with a ponder, opponent plays cloudpost, I play cloudpost, opponent plays cloudpost, I play cloudpost. Ponder rearranged my deck to have Candelabra and Kozilek. I cast turn 3 Kozilek. Opponent instantly conceeds.
    **This is the most fun (for both of us) match of the day. **
    8- Meathooks? 1-2
    G1: My opponent goes turn 1 Tundra, Aether Vial. I thought he was on some D&T brew. He then plays mutavault turn 2. Plays sliver lord, vials in crystaline. I die to mutavaults lords. He has precisely enough lands in play that I can't even tabernacle him for a dude. I have 1 turn, do my candlestick bounce shenanigans and end up with 13 mana, not 15. Doh!
    G2: He doesn't have Vial, I resolve primetime into Emrakul.
    G3: He goes turn 1 aethervial. I'm holding on for dear life and 2 life, I get to 6 mana with cavern and resolve primetime. Get glimerpost, chasm, gain three. His turn he ticks up aethervial to 3. With all my friends watching, he vials in necrotic sliver, kills chasms and his guys eat me.

    Overall I had a blast, wish I would have met more of you...but with 4000+ people its hard to find anyone! Moving forward, I'm cutting the chill. I want to get the trinketmage + tops, maps & 1 EE maindeck. Time to start tuning some more!

  7. #2767
    Member
    Davek's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2012
    Location

    Bologna, Italy
    Posts

    141

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post
    GP List I ran with...5-3 on the day. :-/

    Artifact (2)
    2x Candelabra of Tawnos

    Instant (16)
    4x Brainstorm
    3x Chain of Vapor
    3x Crop Rotation
    3x Force of Will
    3x Repeal

    Sorcery (9)
    4x Ponder
    2x Show and Tell
    3x Treasure Cruise

    Creature (6)
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1x Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    4x Primeval Titan

    Land (27)
    1x Cavern of Souls
    4x Cloudpost
    1x Eye of Ugin
    2x Flooded Strand
    1x Forest
    1x Glacial Chasm
    4x Glimmerpost
    1x Island
    1x Karakas
    4x Misty Rainforest
    1x Scalding Tarn
    1x The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4x Tropical Island
    1x Vesuva

    *Sideboard*
    3x Blue Elemental Blast
    1x Bojuka Bog
    1x Chill
    2x Elephant Grass
    2x Engineered Explosives
    2x Flusterstorm
    1x Show and Tell
    1x Surgical Extraction
    2x Swan Song

    Overall I had a blast, wish I would have met more of you...but with 4000+ people its hard to find anyone! Moving forward, I'm cutting the chill. I want to get the trinketmage + tops, maps & 1 EE maindeck. Time to start tuning some more!
    Too bad you ended not running so well! Looking at your list i have some questions:

    Why Chain of Vapor? It seems to me you do not have enough cheap permanents to be bounced with gain in response to an opponent's wasteland, no SDT for card advantage (anyway, i have to say i usually strongly dislike that line of play because it exposes your already resolved precious artifacts to counterspells again). Wouldn't it be better to have Moment's Peace instead?

    I found that i want Show & Tell in almost every game that is not Sneak and Show and Omnitell. How often have you brought in the third copy?

    Was card advantage vs multiple tutorage a real thing for you? I mean: you dropped the specific/re-usable tutor package (Map, Trinket, SDT, low Crop rotation count) in order to have access to one-shot digging (Treasure Cruise and Ponder). Do you think this improved the deck? I'm asking this because i'd like to find a blend between the 2 lines that could increase the flexibility of this deck.
    Last but not least: did you miss Bojuka Bog maindeck?

  8. #2768
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2013
    Location

    Paris, France
    Posts

    493

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post

    G3: I lead off with a ponder, opponent plays cloudpost, I play cloudpost, opponent plays cloudpost, I play cloudpost. Ponder rearranged my deck to have Candelabra and Kozilek. I cast turn 3 Kozilek. Opponent instantly conceeds.
    **This is the most fun (for both of us) match of the day. **

    8- Meathooks? 1-2
    With all my friends watching, he vials in necrotic sliver, kills chasms and his guys eat me.
    Man, you lived such a crazy day. OMG !!!
    When I was playing my Sliver brew I was hoping I could get this line of play...

  9. #2769
    Member
    maCHOOga's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2014
    Location

    Baltimore, MD
    Posts

    330

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Davek View Post
    Too bad you ended not running so well! Looking at your list i have some questions:
    Why Chain of Vapor? It seems to me you do not have enough cheap permanents to be bounced with gain in response to an opponent's wasteland, no SDT for card advantage (anyway, i have to say i usually strongly dislike that line of play because it exposes your already resolved precious artifacts to counterspells again). Wouldn't it be better to have Moment's Peace instead?
    Chain of Vapor is mainly used as a tempo card. The only scenario where it's used in this deck is to chain of vapor a candlestick for acceleration. Also, since I'm maindecking FoW in this build, I need to keep my blue card count at least 18 cards. I personally think its the weakest card in the deck...until you chain of vapor a 8/9 monastery swiftspear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek View Post
    I found that i want Show & Tell in almost every game that is not Sneak and Show and Omnitell. How often have you brought in the third copy?
    Remarkably a lot. I tend to bring it in against all midrange and aggressive decks. At one point I was running three maindeck, but the problem is I kept drawing them in multiples.

    Quote Originally Posted by Davek View Post
    Was card advantage vs multiple tutorage a real thing for you? I mean: you dropped the specific/re-usable tutor package (Map, Trinket, SDT, low Crop rotation count) in order to have access to one-shot digging (Treasure Cruise and Ponder). Do you think this improved the deck? I'm asking this because i'd like to find a blend between the 2 lines that could increase the flexibility of this deck.
    I think the blend between the two is the better. I just didn't have time to blend the two in the last week before the GP. Running 4 ponders, I draw them A LOT. Likewise, I always seem to draw SDTs in multiples, which isn't a good thing. When I blend the two, I will also have to shave Force of Will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek View Post
    Last but not least: did you miss Bojuka Bog maindeck?
    Not really. I haven't played against dredge in months. I bring it in against reanimator/goyf/lands decks, but I don't think it warrants maindecking in my metagame.

  10. #2770
    Member
    Rock Lee's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2008
    Location

    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut
    Posts

    1,197

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Current list, per a request from a fellow player. I will write up a Gp tournament report with a very similar list later.

    // Lands
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [FNM] Cloudpost
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    1 [LG] Karakas
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    2 [LRW] Island (1)
    2 [TSP] Vesuva
    1 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog

    // Creatures
    1 [ROE] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan
    1 [C14] Titania, Protector of Argoth
    1 [FD] Trinket Mage

    // Spells
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [GP] Repeal
    2 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    2 [US] Show and Tell
    3 [KTK] Treasure Cruise
    2 [FD] Engineered Explosives
    4 [ZEN] Expedition Map

    // Sideboard
    SB: 4 [AL] Force of Will
    SB: 4 [CMD] Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 [C13] Bane of Progress
    SB: 1 [IA] Zuran Orb
    SB: 1 [MR] Chalice of the Void
    SB: 1 [CH] Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 3 [R] Blue Elemental Blast

  11. #2771
    Member

    Join Date

    Dec 2013
    Location

    Europe
    Posts

    217

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Current list, per a request from a fellow player. I will write up a Gp tournament report with a very similar list later.

    // Lands
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    4 [FNM] Cloudpost
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    1 [LG] Karakas
    4 [R] Tropical Island
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    2 [LRW] Island (1)
    2 [TSP] Vesuva
    1 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog

    // Creatures
    1 [ROE] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 [M12] Primeval Titan
    1 [C14] Titania, Protector of Argoth
    1 [FD] Trinket Mage

    // Spells
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    3 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [GP] Repeal
    2 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos
    3 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    2 [US] Show and Tell
    3 [KTK] Treasure Cruise
    2 [FD] Engineered Explosives
    4 [ZEN] Expedition Map

    // Sideboard
    SB: 4 [AL] Force of Will
    SB: 4 [CMD] Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 [C13] Bane of Progress
    SB: 1 [IA] Zuran Orb
    SB: 1 [MR] Chalice of the Void
    SB: 1 [CH] Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 3 [R] Blue Elemental Blast
    My list is quite similar, at least main deck :
    -1 Island, +1 Forest
    -1 Kozilek, +1 Ulamog
    -1 Titania - 1 Expedition Map, +2 Needles
    -2 Treasure Cruise, +1 Crop Rotation +1 SnT
    -2 Engineered Explosives, +2 Moment's Peace

    Ok, after writing differences down the list is more different
    I tried Titania a few games, but she didn't really help. What is your experience? Guess I will cut 1 Needle and 1 Crop for 2 EE, since Wastelands are no big problem atm. Played Zuran Orb in SB as well, boarded it in against UR Delver, and opponent played Null Rod

  12. #2772
    Member

    Join Date

    Dec 2009
    Location

    hessen, germany
    Posts

    52

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Played a small 4 round tournament with 26 players yesterday. Ended 2-1-1 and was not that happy. But I wanted to test Green Suns Zenith. Still not sure about this...looks great for sideboard choices. Maybe when Treasure Cruise gets banned...

    // Lands
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    1 [FUT] Dryad Arbor
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    2 [M14] Island (3)
    2 [KTK] Forest (1)
    2 [U] Tropical Island
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    2 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    1 [LG] The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale


    // Creatures
    4 [M11] Primeval Titan
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 [ROE] Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    1 [ZEN] Oracle of Mul Daya


    // Spells
    4 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [MBS] Green Sun's Zenith
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    4 [GP] Repeal
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    2 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    2 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos


    // Sideboard
    SB: 4 [U] Blue Elemental Blast
    SB: 3 [MR] Oblivion Stone
    SB: 2 [DS] Sundering Titan
    SB: 1 [LRW] Gaddock Teeg
    SB: 4 [CMD] Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 [M13] Thragtusk


    Played against URB Delves (2-1), Lands (1-1), URB Delver (0-2) and Miracles (2-0), 5-4 overall. Nothing special...usually you win the fair matchups. Delver beat me with turn 1 Stifle Misty, Turn 2 Delver, Daze, Turn 3 Delver Daze...

  13. #2773
    Member
    maCHOOga's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2014
    Location

    Baltimore, MD
    Posts

    330

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Current list, per a request from a fellow player. I will write up a Gp tournament report with a very similar list later.



    // Sideboard
    SB: 4 [AL] Force of Will
    SB: 4 [CMD] Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 [C13] Bane of Progress
    SB: 1 [IA] Zuran Orb
    SB: 1 [MR] Chalice of the Void
    SB: 1 [CH] Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 3 [R] Blue Elemental Blast
    So out of curiosity, what the heck do you bring in bane of progress against?

  14. #2774

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by slayjay View Post
    Played a small 4 round tournament with 26 players yesterday. Ended 2-1-1 and was not that happy. But I wanted to test Green Suns Zenith. Still not sure about this...looks great for sideboard choices. Maybe when Treasure Cruise gets banned...

    // Lands
    1 [LG] Karakas
    1 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    1 [FUT] Dryad Arbor
    1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
    1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
    1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
    4 [MR] Cloudpost
    2 [M14] Island (3)
    2 [KTK] Forest (1)
    2 [U] Tropical Island
    4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    2 [TSP] Vesuva
    4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
    1 [LG] The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale


    // Creatures
    4 [M11] Primeval Titan
    1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 [ROE] Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    1 [ZEN] Oracle of Mul Daya


    // Spells
    4 [UL] Crop Rotation
    4 [MBS] Green Sun's Zenith
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    4 [GP] Repeal
    3 [ZEN] Expedition Map
    3 [US] Show and Tell
    2 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    2 [AQ] Candelabra of Tawnos


    // Sideboard
    SB: 4 [U] Blue Elemental Blast
    SB: 3 [MR] Oblivion Stone
    SB: 2 [DS] Sundering Titan
    SB: 1 [LRW] Gaddock Teeg
    SB: 4 [CMD] Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 [M13] Thragtusk


    Played against URB Delves (2-1), Lands (1-1), URB Delver (0-2) and Miracles (2-0), 5-4 overall. Nothing special...usually you win the fair matchups. Delver beat me with turn 1 Stifle Misty, Turn 2 Delver, Daze, Turn 3 Delver Daze...

    With that many sorcery I wonder how well you would do with Boseiju. Did you just get countered out of everything or ?

  15. #2775
    The real me is no match for the legend.
    Zotmaster's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2013
    Location

    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts

    295

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by maCHOOga View Post
    So out of curiosity, what the heck do you bring in bane of progress against?
    I know you didn't ask me specifically, but I can answer this since I asked him the same thing. It can come in against things like Sneak and Omni, is another way to get rid of random hate pieces like a Chalice of the Void on one, and can also lead to interesting tricks against someone running a Rest in Peace/Helm of Obedience combo. Rock actually has a pretty hilarious story on that if he cares to share it.
    Yes, you probably need Candelabra if you're running a Cloudpost deck.

  16. #2776
    Member

    Join Date

    Dec 2013
    Location

    Europe
    Posts

    217

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    A few posts ago someone played with a little black splash. Has anyone tried this, too? Just wondering about it... Would enable sweepers like Pernicious Deed or Toxic Deluge, and of course what the person already mentioned : Engineered Plague.

  17. #2777
    Member
    PilotChick's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2014
    Location

    PA
    Posts

    59

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Tonight I'm goona try and brew up my own thing. Go heavy on control with stifle and fow... I'll let you know how it goes after some play testing.

  18. #2778
    Member
    drude1's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts

    670

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    So, after playing this deck quite a bit on MTGO, I feel like the match-up against any red deck is bad. We are just too slow.
    Then I caught Gerard Fabiano's article on SCG today about the Angel Prison deck and was inspired. Instead of going for speed, has anyone tried to play this as a prison-style deck with things like chalice, 3-sphere, etc?
    If it's been tried and doesn't work, fine. Please let me know. Otherwise, I started working on a list and will try it out. It just seems like if we can slow the game way down and have time to build our gameplan, then our big spells way out-trump anything our opponent is trying to do. This style also makes our fast combo match-ups way better. Maybe this is a totally different deck style on another thread. Again, if so let me know and I'll shut up. Just wondering if people have tried this in the past.

  19. #2779
    Poisonous Foogoofiish
    deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2006
    Location

    Germany
    Posts

    271

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Quote Originally Posted by drude1 View Post
    So, after playing this deck quite a bit on MTGO, I feel like the match-up against any red deck is bad. We are just too slow.
    Then I caught Gerard Fabiano's article on SCG today about the Angel Prison deck and was inspired. Instead of going for speed, has anyone tried to play this as a prison-style deck with things like chalice, 3-sphere, etc?
    If it's been tried and doesn't work, fine. Please let me know. Otherwise, I started working on a list and will try it out. It just seems like if we can slow the game way down and have time to build our gameplan, then our big spells way out-trump anything our opponent is trying to do. This style also makes our fast combo match-ups way better. Maybe this is a totally different deck style on another thread. Again, if so let me know and I'll shut up. Just wondering if people have tried this in the past.
    This may sound like a joke (and it is kinda), but yes - its called MUD.
    BBB

  20. #2780

    Re: [Deck] Turbo Eldrazi

    Yes, people have tried that. The issue with the prison route is that our usual post ramp is a tad too slow at efficiently establishing chalices and trinispheres, cards which generally require City of Traitors/Ancient Tomb to be at their most effective. Slotting these into our decklist significantly impacts the amount of colored mana sources we can run, which makes Primeval Titan a bit suspect. Chalice of the Void as a main gameplan against most of the field also makes one drops more or less unplayable in our deck, ripping out the filtering and land tutor engine this deck uses, which in turn makes the Eldrazi endgame a lot less attractive. In short, if you want to play a prison deck with cloudposts that is fundamentally incompatible with what the decklists in this thread are trying to accomplish. The deckstyle you might be looking for is represented over in the MUD topic, as Chalice of the Void + Cloudpost essentially push you into the mono brown or very light colored territory to be effective at all.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)