Page 305 of 343 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,100 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

  1. #6081
    Site Contributor
    apple713's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2012
    Location

    Manhattan, NY
    Posts

    2,086

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    Why does being more than top make it bullshit?

    Top was just reprinted, isn't modern-legal, and is floating around in trade binders all over the place due to EMA.

    Bauble is from cold snap and is a 4-of in a modern deck that is blowing up in popularity. That means people can't easily trade into them and need to go buy them off the internet which leads to a group buy-out and price spike which is exactly what happened. It's also modern PPTQ season from July 23rd to October 9th which means plenty of spikes are trying to buy into the deck right now.

    Top being a much more powerful and iconic card doesn't actually have much to do with this.
    I don't follow modern because all the prices are subject to huge fluctuations and not representative of actual value. Since everything in modern can be reprinted the values are just temporary. The bauble wasn't just discovered and I'm pretty sure it was used in other modern decks but never spiked like this.

    There shouldn't be an uncommon card that's worth $40. Logically it's stupid and just price manipulation.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

    Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

    Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

    why cards are so expensive...hoarders

  2. #6082

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    There shouldn't be an uncommon card that's worth $40. Logically it's stupid and just price manipulation.
    Force of Will?
    Wasteland?
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

    You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

  3. #6083

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    Force of Will?
    Wasteland?
    Would reprinting those two cards until they were worth less than $40 really be all that horrible? I'm willing to bet anyone hoarding wastelands and forces is sitting on fat stacks of other staples, so it wouldn't be that much of a hit. And even if it was, they're not on the reserved list, so hoarder beware.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

  4. #6084

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    Force of Will?
    Wasteland?
    Staples for many of many decks, bauble is just found because it works for what 2 decks? It's not even a good cantrip, especially at 0 artifact.

    Popularity drives prices and that's the problem as it lowers expected possibility of new decks.

    Has to beat "this", did you try and how hard did you do?
    A couple did and now it's the new thing.

    Why do many not brew? It started as a break now it's the new hotness and now the originator is sitting in a gold mine and working on something else.

  5. #6085
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Yeah wasteland and force probably are in 40-50% of the decks in legacy whereas bauble is probably in 15% of decks in modern. But I wouldn't be surprised if at this point there are more forces and wastes than Baubles in circulation. It will definitely tank if it gets a reprint. Unfortunately it's really narrow and really bad so a reprint is pretty blatantly simply because the secondary market. Fwiw it's a really good delirium enabler
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  6. #6086
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2012
    Location

    Tienen
    Posts

    302

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    MKM has foil Mishra's Baubles for under 30 euro. Don't panic-buy that shit.

  7. #6087

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    These days I'm just expanding my legacy collection by selling over-priced modern stuff that is bound to crash after the next ban or reprint, whatever comes first.

    I estimate my legacy collection is somewhere in the 15k$ range, if it wasn't mostly reserved list stuff, I'd cash out 90% instantly.

    Drazi / Twin spectacles should have learned the Modern community a thing or two .. I only expect Modern price fluctuations due to reprint / ban list changes to get worse as Wizards gives the format more attention as a competitive one.

    Legacy in Europe is and has been getting carried by the community rather then by WoTC for quite a while, so I don't fear WoTC shenanigans impacting Legacy players much if at all.

    I just listed 2 playsets of mishra's bauble on MCM, will probably use the credit + selling a WB dual to get a FBB dual.

    Somehow I think I will feel better about that deal in about a year then the poor saps that got their playsets of baubles ;)

  8. #6088

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    What I want to know is where are you all finding fbb duals for less than English a/b duals?

  9. #6089
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,843

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    He is not, he said he planned to sell other things too.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  10. #6090
    Site Contributor
    Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2015
    Location

    Austin TX
    Posts

    516

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Well, a few hours ago I took apart Grixis and Belcher and put them on eBay. That's not an endictment of the decks and/or WotC. I'm gonna be buying a car, so the RL price hikes are too hard to pass up; I bought my LEDs and Duals 6 months ago and am already poised to make a decent profit off them.

    Guess I'm offically out of blue. See y'all in the Enchantress, Quinn, Burn, and MUD threads!

  11. #6091
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,843

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    You missed Lands, DnT and Painter, the best of the rest.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  12. #6092

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Well, a few hours ago I took apart Grixis and Belcher and put them on eBay. That's not an endictment of the decks and/or WotC. I'm gonna be buying a car, so the RL price hikes are too hard to pass up; I bought my LEDs and Duals 6 months ago and am already poised to make a decent profit off them.

    Guess I'm offically out of blue. See y'all in the Enchantress, Quinn, Burn, and MUD threads!
    Good luck, as is is my burn, affinity and high tide are worth 2600$. The next car I want is valued at 7$usd.

    I have about 1500$ USD is other stuff from modern to legacy that would go fast.

    Then extra legacy and modern stuff and oddities that's about 1kusd.

    Then the fluff I'd sell at bulk of almost nothing.

    But I'd be moving to scca instead of mtg, which is much more but I'd be having more fun because the parts I'd buy for racecar are still cheaper then mtg cards in the long run

  13. #6093
    Site Contributor
    Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2015
    Location

    Austin TX
    Posts

    516

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You missed Lands, DnT and Painter, the best of the rest.
    Extolling the virtues of Tabernacle and Recruiter in this thread? How gauche. I guess mods can get away with that shit.

  14. #6094
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Maverick is a reasonable deck to own outside of cradle being pretty expensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  15. #6095
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,843

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Extolling the virtues of Tabernacle and Recruiter in this thread? How gauche. I guess mods can get away with that shit.
    What does Enchantress cost these days? I mean your you are selling out of a big enough pile, you should be able to pick up something good.

    Forgive me if I seemed like an ass, it was the non blue comment I focused on, because that has been my wheelhouse for as long as I have played Legacy. So Lands and Painter have been decks of mind for a long time, as has been Elves. If I was looking to sell some things like LED and what not, I would seek to build one of these, even if I did buy the cards for them so long ago I do not know what they are worth now.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  16. #6096
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    My straight up GW build is right about $650. In legacy terms of probably one of the best "budget" decks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  17. #6097
    Site Contributor
    Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2015
    Location

    Austin TX
    Posts

    516

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Maverick is a reasonable deck to own outside of cradle being pretty expensive
    Maverick seems like a good choice if you're only going to play 1 deck. Very flexible and a lot of play to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    What does Enchantress cost these days? I mean your you are selling out of a big enough pile, you should be able to pick up something good.

    Forgive me if I seemed like an ass, it was the non blue comment I focused on, because that has been my wheelhouse for as long as I have played Legacy. So Lands and Painter have been decks of mind for a long time, as has been Elves. If I was looking to sell some things like LED and what not, I would seek to build one of these, even if I did buy the cards for them so long ago I do not know what they are worth now.
    I was kidding! I'm a Marit Lage admirer.

    And yeah, I should clarify: I mentioned Quinn, Enchantress, Burn, and MUD because I own & play those decks. I sold Grixis and Belcher because 1) it wasn't necessary to own 6 decks, 2) they're less fun than my other decks, and 3) the money sounded good.

  18. #6098
    Salt of the earth

    Join Date

    May 2009
    Location

    Canada
    Posts

    4,685

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Currently posting this from the beach as I sit in my car, bought with cardboard money. Putting it into perspective, cash out a bit and enjoy yourselves, y'all. Real life luxury is pretty good if you're willing to limit your deck choices a bit :)

  19. #6099
    !
    jrsthethird's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2010
    Location

    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts

    1,654

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Can we have FNM Mishra's Bauble plz?

  20. #6100

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    cash out a bit and enjoy yourselves, y'all. Real life luxury is pretty good if you're willing to limit your deck choices a bit :)
    Done! I've kept enough cards to build R/G Lands or RUG Lands (that's all I ever play anyway), with dozens of loose cards for the flex slots, side boards, and splashes. Also kept a couple EDH decks (with some overlap - I have a Lands EDH deck too). Sold off Candles, Moat, Abyss, Cradles, Duals, and more.

    I kind of miss Enchantress, though, and might try to get it rebuilt. I like having a second deck to loan out as well.

    I have a Chains of Mephistophelese I kept for the Lands side board, but it isn't very good there it seems. I'm considering trading it for other RL cards to build a second deck again. The problem is City of Traders, Moat, Candelabra, and Cradles have all shot up in price, while poor Chains is stagnant. Pretty hard to trade a gem like that for a fraction of what I could have gotten a year ago. I'm not happy with these spikes, but if RL prices are going to explode it sucks that my Chains is being left in the dust.


    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Maverick is a reasonable deck to own outside of cradle being pretty expensive
    I think Aggro Loam is a much better deck if you want to go KotR midrange.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

    You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)