Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74

Thread: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

  1. #41
    RawR Bitch
    rockout's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Norwich, CT
    Posts

    1,273

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    I'm two for two with top 8s at Grid events. I need to learn how to play magic in a top 8. Another great event, good people as always except for that kid accused Louis of stealing a dreadnought then they ended up playing each other and the kid didn't spell snare painter's servant or top to get the two blasts effects on the top of his deck when Louis tried to blast needle naming grindstone.
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

  2. #42
    Chief Head Chief of the Department of Redundancy Department
    b4r0n's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2005
    Location

    Massachusetts
    Posts

    198

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
    PS: Aaron you're a dick for not selling me those threads.
    You'll still think I'm a dick regardless of what I do. You can keep borrowing those Threads whenever you want them, though. Hell, maybe I should just get you to sign them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    And make no mistake, a Hulk Flash dominated metagame is shit on a plate. Sure, it made for an interesting GP and possibly even attracted a few curious newcomers who wondered "I wonder what it's like to eat shit?" or "I wonder what it's like to make other people eat shit?" That's all fine and dandy, but I'll be glad to say "Good riddance!" to Flash when I wake up tomorrow.

  3. #43
    Tom MacDonald
    J.V.'s Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2007
    Location

    Stoughton, MA
    Posts

    1,148

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by b4r0n View Post
    You'll still think I'm a dick regardless of what I do. You can keep borrowing those Threads whenever you want them, though. Hell, maybe I should just get you to sign them.
    Don't do that, you've seen my Hebrew Glory that he signed, Ben's handwriting is fucking terrible.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

  4. #44
    ?
    ForceofWill's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2003
    Location

    High stakes cash games
    Posts

    1,007

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    I don't think you are a dick just stu.. misinformed ;) . How about I stamp my name on them instead.
    Team NeverWin: We just top 8 a lot.

    Too lazy to post.

  5. #45

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Nice to see Imperial Painter in the Top 8.

  6. #46
    RawR Bitch
    rockout's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Norwich, CT
    Posts

    1,273

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Nice to see Imperial Painter in the Top 8.
    Agreed. It was a good choice.
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

  7. #47
    Tom MacDonald
    J.V.'s Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2007
    Location

    Stoughton, MA
    Posts

    1,148

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Conclusion made by this tournament, Trygon Predator>Imperial Painter... DING!
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

  8. #48
    Expert on all Relevant Formats.
    mtglordtom24's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    Connecticut and Bryant University during college time
    Posts

    69

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Trygon Predator steamrolled that deck singlehandedly. How else does one come back from an opponent having 3x Sword of Light and Shadow?

    I want to note that I beat the Mono Red Painter deck in the Swiss and was not impressed, but somehow he managed to Top 8 with it.

  9. #49
    ?
    ForceofWill's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2003
    Location

    High stakes cash games
    Posts

    1,007

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Is there anyway Carl can post the decklists?
    Team NeverWin: We just top 8 a lot.

    Too lazy to post.

  10. #50
    Trapped inside my embryonic cell
    KillemallCFH's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2006
    Location

    Stoughton, MA
    Posts

    876

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by J.V. View Post
    Don't do that, you've seen my Hebrew Glory that he signed, Ben's handwriting is fucking terrible.
    Wait, why did Ben sign a Hebrew Glory? Signing a Hebrew card seems like a job for a Lefkowitz. (Unless Glories are known for coming in 3rd or something...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg 'IdrA' Fields
    good sir, you appear to be somewhat lacking in intelligence. please refrain from posting until this is remedied, since it renders your opinions slightly less than correct and has a tendency to irritate more informed forum-goers.

  11. #51
    Tom MacDonald
    J.V.'s Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2007
    Location

    Stoughton, MA
    Posts

    1,148

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Actually the story behind that is that I was going to have him sign my Force of Wills, but then I saw his handwriting, which is fucking terrible and was like, hmm, nope, don't sign my force of wills, and he started looking through my binder and asked if he could sign the glory so I said sure.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

  12. #52
    Montreal's legacy scene
    Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    Montreal
    Posts

    204

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Evolution Thresh = UGr Next level grow with MD trygons and relics??

    Would be nice to have a list of those decks.

    PM

  13. #53

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by mtglordtom24 View Post
    Trygon Predator steamrolled that deck singlehandedly. How else does one come back from an opponent having 3x Sword of Light and Shadow?

    I want to note that I beat the Mono Red Painter deck in the Swiss and was not impressed, but somehow he managed to Top 8 with it.
    That's because I wasn't playing it.

    And for the love of Christ, Trygon Predator? That card should never see the light of day against someone playing Imperial Painter, especially the original version with Lightning Bolts (which I still advocate). I've played against at least four or five opponents in major sanctioned events boarding in T.P. and it was never a factor.

  14. #54
    Trapped inside my embryonic cell
    KillemallCFH's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2006
    Location

    Stoughton, MA
    Posts

    876

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Evolution Thresh = UGr Next level grow with MD trygons and relics??

    Would be nice to have a list of those decks.

    PM
    Assuming its the same deck they've been playing, Evolution Thresh is UGrw Thresh with Cryptic Commands (and some number of Trygon Predators between main and side).
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg 'IdrA' Fields
    good sir, you appear to be somewhat lacking in intelligence. please refrain from posting until this is remedied, since it renders your opinions slightly less than correct and has a tendency to irritate more informed forum-goers.

  15. #55
    Tom MacDonald
    J.V.'s Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2007
    Location

    Stoughton, MA
    Posts

    1,148

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by KillemallCFH View Post
    Assuming its the same deck they've been playing, Evolution Thresh is UGrw Thresh with Cryptic Commands (and some number of Trygon Predators between main and side).
    It no longer has Cryptic Command.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

  16. #56
    Trapped inside my embryonic cell
    KillemallCFH's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2006
    Location

    Stoughton, MA
    Posts

    876

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by J.V. View Post
    It no longer has Cryptic Command.
    Oh.

    Well, a list would be cool, if you don't mind sharing it, Ben.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg 'IdrA' Fields
    good sir, you appear to be somewhat lacking in intelligence. please refrain from posting until this is remedied, since it renders your opinions slightly less than correct and has a tendency to irritate more informed forum-goers.

  17. #57
    Spiral Out...
    Rehallek's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2007
    Location

    Hamden/West Haven, Ct
    Posts

    63

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by mtglordtom24 View Post
    I want to note that I beat the Mono Red Painter deck in the Swiss
    Definitely don't care.
    The Real Founder of Team Awesome - I'm so proud of you.. and you

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    The funny thing is that it's the optimist who's constantly disappointed, who walks into disaster. The cynic is always pleasantly surprised when people do act according to their better nature, and meanwhile has enough sense to come in out of the rain.

  18. #58
    ?
    ForceofWill's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2003
    Location

    High stakes cash games
    Posts

    1,007

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Team NeverWin: We just top 8 a lot.

    Too lazy to post.

  19. #59

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by mtglordtom24 View Post
    -The guy who misplaced his Phyrexian Dreadnought and was accusing people of stealing it.
    I didn't misplace it and I didn't accuse "people" of stealing it. I accused one person of stealing it. The one person who I'm still more than 99% convinced did steal it.

    I'm 100% certain that I had it with me when I showed up at the grid and I'm 100% certain that within moments of this person sitting down at the table across from me while I filled in my deck registration form it suddenly disappeared.

    You didn't have the conversations I had with this person and you didn't see what I saw. It's easy to tell when somebody is lying to you and this kid certainly seemed to be lying to me.

    This card was substantially valuable and worse yet was part of a matching set of four Pete Venters autographed cards. Not only am out a $50 card but the value of the remaining three is substantially diminished as they no longer are a set.

    Maybe he just picked it up to look at it and then realized I hadn't noticed and slipped it into his pocket or maybe he did right away intend to steal it. Maybe it's still possible that some random other person just snatched it off the table as they walked by. I really believe I know who stole it though and it's a bunch of bullshit that somebody would do that. How can you be part of something where it is hard enough to attract new players and then when you do get one you steal from him? It's not good for anybody involved and it's a shame for everybody who plays this game.

  20. #60
    Expert on all Relevant Formats.
    mtglordtom24's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    Connecticut and Bryant University during college time
    Posts

    69

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Some people steal for the kicks, but I don't believe he stole it. I played against him and spoke to him. The fact of the matter is that he already has substantial value in cards, including full Beta Power, so he doesn't need to steal a Dreadnought. If I were you, I would have been looking at the Pokekids, yet I don't know if they were there that early.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)