Vengevine will get banned
Survival of the Fittest will get banned
Both will get get banned
Neither will get banned
I think they stick with their Mystical-Tutor-logic and ban SotF.
This looks like a job for me.
Most of my posts will be written from my phone, so please excuse the eventual lack of proper typing.
Lol at the single vote for "Both will get get banned".
*predicts future*
Surival gets the hammer
Burning Wish goes to the Watchlist
Land Tax is unbanned
Time Spiral is unbanned
Predictions till june '11
Survival gets banned ( -__- will Be a sad day)
LED gets banned (wish makes no Sense ... LED is the enabler)
Time Spiral stays banned (high Tide!)
Earthcraft unbanned
Land tax unbanned
Meta: Zoo/tribal-Aggro vs. Landstill-style-control
Me: quitting Legacy because of more dumb Play-creature-attack and focus on Vintage
I feel somehow the same, I think they do the right thing most of the time, and I believe they will ban one of them, although I'm not sure which one is the right call. I still think that Survival is more bannable than VV, and is what they are going to ban.
@ Ertai's Familiar: Taco's opinion: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ead.php?19482-
63rd post
If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.
Zerk Thread -- Really, fun deck! ^^
Given the results at Worlds I don't think anything will be banned. It seems much more likely they will unban something with Mind Twist and/or Earthcraft being the most obvious candidates (if they wanted Tax off, they could have done so, safely, years ago).
I voted for no bans--at least this cycle.
I voted for a Survival ban. If they banned Mystical Tutor because they thought Reanimator and ANT were too strong, I can't see them not banning an even more prevalent deck type. Survival has been putting up better numbers of large tournament wins than Reanimator or ANT did, so judging on their recent past, I guess they will ban Survival. The presence of Ooze Survival means banning Vengevine would be like banning Iona in Reanimator: there are other win conditions.
Regarding Worlds, the only Legacy played at Worlds (as in part of the main event, not a side event) was in teams and that has less to do with the quality and dominance of any one deck. For example, in the finals, the Slovak Republic was playing CounterTop and Australia was playing Merfolk. Of course Australia's Merfolk curbstomped CounterTop, but the Slovak Republic still won the championship because they pwned Australia in Extended and Standard and you only need to win in two of three formats. Also, team ratings were also based on their individual play. That means, if an individual player kicked ass at Standard, draft and Extended, the team was probably high in the team rankings, regardless of the Legacy deck quality. Did you guys even follow the podcasts and other coverage? Legacy was like the redheaded stepchild no one wanted to play in teams. Usually the most experienced player had to play it and threw together a deck. Team USA brought Elves for god's sake! Anyway, in short, Worlds is a horrible glimpse at a Legacy meta because it's primarily fueled by non-Legacy play.
Neither card is banned.
Earthcraft is unbanned.
Mind Twist is unbanned.
I really don't want to see Earthcraft back. That squirrel stuff really isn't the strongest thing around, but it sure is annoying to have a deck that spams millions of squirrels turn 3. I just don't like 2 card infinite combos. Makes black suck some more since it's one of the colors that really has no quick outs to something like that.
I could handle Mind Twist though. It wasn't even annoying when you had moxes with it.
Land Tax is such a comical topic in this anymore. I'll never know why it's stayed on as long as it has. They must know something I don't about that card.
I have three, independent predictions.
1) No new bans.
2) some crap card(s) will get unbanned and proceed to see no play
3) in two months people will be screaming for card X to be banned, where X is not Vengevine or Survival of the Fittest.
I think I'm gonna go at least 2/3. It would shock me to the core if I went 0/3, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to go 3/3.
I am betting on a basking rootwalla banning.
Edit: Land Tax + Brainstorm = Ancestral Recall. How does nobody get this? It is also insanely powerful with things like devastating dreams and sensei's top. If this gets unbanned it will spawn numerous insane decks.
You know, a couple of weeks ago I would have laughed at you for this post, but after playing UG Madness without Survival for the last couple of weeks, I think that may just be a solid choice. It would definitely bring Vengevine back to the realm of fairness, and I don't think trying to cram Vengevines into Survival after that would be very effective either. UG Madness takes a hit, but that hasn't really been a competitive deck for a long time.
Also, kind of off-topic, but relevant in a way - did anyone read Brassman's article about Vintage Madness the other day? Apparently it's starting to pop up all over the place, and Basking Rootwalla is the centerpiece (apart from Bazaar of course).
This looks like a job for me.
Most of my posts will be written from my phone, so please excuse the eventual lack of proper typing.
only because I love you all, this is from Wizards.com
West side
Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
* Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
My Legacy stream
My MTG Blog - Work in progress
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)