View Poll Results: What do you think that WILL happen?

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vengevine will get banned

    15 5.40%
  • Survival of the Fittest will get banned

    185 66.55%
  • Both will get get banned

    2 0.72%
  • Neither will get banned

    76 27.34%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 101

Thread: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

  1. #21
    snooty tea cats

    Join Date

    Jan 2008
    Posts

    1,033

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    I'm taking the longshot here and saying they actually get it right and ban Vengevine. For all the bitching people do about the powers that be, they tend to actually do the right thing far more often than not.
    Why do you feel this is the correct choice? You can provide links if you are too lazy; I assume you wrote about this already.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

  2. #22
    Amen, brotha.
    Nidd's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2009
    Location

    Bamberg / Franconia / Bavaria / Germany
    Posts

    615

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    I think they stick with their Mystical-Tutor-logic and ban SotF.
    This looks like a job for me.

    Most of my posts will be written from my phone, so please excuse the eventual lack of proper typing.

  3. #23
    The only one he ever feared
    Purgatory's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2009
    Location

    Sweden's Jerusalem
    Posts

    429

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidd View Post
    I think they stick with their Mystical-Tutor-logic and ban SotF.
    +1, although I personally don't have a problem with SotF, nor do I really think it needs to be banned, I believe that is what will happen.

    It'll be nice with a shake-up of the metagame again though (if SotF gets banned). I hope my Merfolks will be good again :)

  4. #24

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    Lol at the single vote for "Both will get get banned".

  5. #25
    is selling his Underground Seas.
    Tacosnape's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2006
    Location

    Birmingham, AL
    Posts

    3,148

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Why do you feel this is the correct choice? You can provide links if you are too lazy; I assume you wrote about this already.
    I'm also too lazy to provide links. Writing's less effort. In short, because Survival hasn't been a remote problem in the slightest until Vengevine.

    Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

  6. #26
    Member

    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Belgium
    Posts

    29

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    *predicts future*

    Surival gets the hammer
    Burning Wish goes to the Watchlist
    Land Tax is unbanned
    Time Spiral is unbanned

  7. #27
    Greatness awaits!
    Lemnear's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Berlin, Germany
    Posts

    6,997

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    Predictions till june '11

    Survival gets banned ( -__- will Be a sad day)
    LED gets banned (wish makes no Sense ... LED is the enabler)
    Time Spiral stays banned (high Tide!)
    Earthcraft unbanned
    Land tax unbanned

    Meta: Zoo/tribal-Aggro vs. Landstill-style-control

    Me: quitting Legacy because of more dumb Play-creature-attack and focus on Vintage

  8. #28
    Member
    Gui's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2006
    Location

    Brasil
    Posts

    1,073

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    I'm taking the longshot here and saying they actually get it right and ban Vengevine. For all the bitching people do about the powers that be, they tend to actually do the right thing far more often than not.
    I feel somehow the same, I think they do the right thing most of the time, and I believe they will ban one of them, although I'm not sure which one is the right call. I still think that Survival is more bannable than VV, and is what they are going to ban.


    @ Ertai's Familiar: Taco's opinion: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ead.php?19482-
    63rd post
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.
    Zerk Thread -- Really, fun deck! ^^

  9. #29

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    Given the results at Worlds I don't think anything will be banned. It seems much more likely they will unban something with Mind Twist and/or Earthcraft being the most obvious candidates (if they wanted Tax off, they could have done so, safely, years ago).

  10. #30

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    I voted for no bans--at least this cycle.

  11. #31
    Noachide'
    MMogg's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2009
    Location

    Dongying, China
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    I voted for a Survival ban. If they banned Mystical Tutor because they thought Reanimator and ANT were too strong, I can't see them not banning an even more prevalent deck type. Survival has been putting up better numbers of large tournament wins than Reanimator or ANT did, so judging on their recent past, I guess they will ban Survival. The presence of Ooze Survival means banning Vengevine would be like banning Iona in Reanimator: there are other win conditions.

    Regarding Worlds, the only Legacy played at Worlds (as in part of the main event, not a side event) was in teams and that has less to do with the quality and dominance of any one deck. For example, in the finals, the Slovak Republic was playing CounterTop and Australia was playing Merfolk. Of course Australia's Merfolk curbstomped CounterTop, but the Slovak Republic still won the championship because they pwned Australia in Extended and Standard and you only need to win in two of three formats. Also, team ratings were also based on their individual play. That means, if an individual player kicked ass at Standard, draft and Extended, the team was probably high in the team rankings, regardless of the Legacy deck quality. Did you guys even follow the podcasts and other coverage? Legacy was like the redheaded stepchild no one wanted to play in teams. Usually the most experienced player had to play it and threw together a deck. Team USA brought Elves for god's sake! Anyway, in short, Worlds is a horrible glimpse at a Legacy meta because it's primarily fueled by non-Legacy play.
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

  12. #32

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    Neither card is banned.
    Earthcraft is unbanned.
    Mind Twist is unbanned.

  13. #33
    I like Tacos.
    dahcmai's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2006
    Location

    Traverse City, MI
    Posts

    2,202

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    I really don't want to see Earthcraft back. That squirrel stuff really isn't the strongest thing around, but it sure is annoying to have a deck that spams millions of squirrels turn 3. I just don't like 2 card infinite combos. Makes black suck some more since it's one of the colors that really has no quick outs to something like that.

    I could handle Mind Twist though. It wasn't even annoying when you had moxes with it.

    Land Tax is such a comical topic in this anymore. I'll never know why it's stayed on as long as it has. They must know something I don't about that card.

  14. #34
    Member

    Join Date

    Jan 2005
    Location

    I actually live in actual Chicago
    Posts

    680

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    I have three, independent predictions.

    1) No new bans.
    2) some crap card(s) will get unbanned and proceed to see no play
    3) in two months people will be screaming for card X to be banned, where X is not Vengevine or Survival of the Fittest.

    I think I'm gonna go at least 2/3. It would shock me to the core if I went 0/3, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to go 3/3.

  15. #35

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    I am betting on a basking rootwalla banning.

    Edit: Land Tax + Brainstorm = Ancestral Recall. How does nobody get this? It is also insanely powerful with things like devastating dreams and sensei's top. If this gets unbanned it will spawn numerous insane decks.

  16. #36
    doesn't afraid of anything
    majikal's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2009
    Location

    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez
    Posts

    1,253

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    Quote Originally Posted by RexFTW View Post
    I am betting on a basking rootwalla banning.
    You know, a couple of weeks ago I would have laughed at you for this post, but after playing UG Madness without Survival for the last couple of weeks, I think that may just be a solid choice. It would definitely bring Vengevine back to the realm of fairness, and I don't think trying to cram Vengevines into Survival after that would be very effective either. UG Madness takes a hit, but that hasn't really been a competitive deck for a long time.

    Also, kind of off-topic, but relevant in a way - did anyone read Brassman's article about Vintage Madness the other day? Apparently it's starting to pop up all over the place, and Basking Rootwalla is the centerpiece (apart from Bazaar of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

  17. #37

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Also, kind of off-topic, but relevant in a way - did anyone read Brassman's article about Vintage Madness the other day? Apparently it's starting to pop up all over the place, and Basking Rootwalla is the centerpiece (apart from Bazaar of course).
    Anytime you get something for nothing there is a strong opportunity for being broken. Notice how almost all repeatable abilities have mana costs these days?

  18. #38
    Amen, brotha.
    Nidd's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2009
    Location

    Bamberg / Franconia / Bavaria / Germany
    Posts

    615

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    Quote Originally Posted by RexFTW View Post
    I am betting on a basking rootwalla banning.

    Edit: Land Tax + Brainstorm = Ancestral Recall. How does nobody get this? It is also insanely powerful with things like devastating dreams and sensei's top. If this gets unbanned it will spawn numerous insane decks.
    Scroll-fuckin'-Rack, baby! Ancestral Recall every turn? Sign me up!
    This looks like a job for me.

    Most of my posts will be written from my phone, so please excuse the eventual lack of proper typing.

  19. #39

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future



    only because I love you all, this is from Wizards.com

  20. #40
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,133

    Re: What will happen? -- Mtgthesource crew's ability to predict the future

    Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    You know, a couple of weeks ago I would have laughed at you for this post, but after playing UG Madness without Survival for the last couple of weeks, I think that may just be a solid choice. It would definitely bring Vengevine back to the realm of fairness, and I don't think trying to cram Vengevines into Survival after that would be very effective either. UG Madness takes a hit, but that hasn't really been a competitive deck for a long time.

    Also, kind of off-topic, but relevant in a way - did anyone read Brassman's article about Vintage Madness the other day? Apparently it's starting to pop up all over the place, and Basking Rootwalla is the centerpiece (apart from Bazaar of course).
    To be fair, Bazaar is busted. Rootwalla included or not.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)