Vengevine will get banned
Survival of the Fittest will get banned
Both will get get banned
Neither will get banned
West side
Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
* Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
My Legacy stream
My MTG Blog - Work in progress
Salvation, supposedly found it by URL digging. That's happened before, so the probability of it being a really good photoshop seems far lower than the probability that it is real, and since the former leaves the probability of a Survival ban unaffected while the latter skyrockets it (Monday is only the announcement, not the discussion, so it's really unlikely that the card art would be there if R&D had 'decided, after long deliberation, to wait and see', and while the columnists may enjoy occasionally trolling their audience the DCI doesn't - at least, not intentionally), you should try to sell your Survivals now if you haven't already. Keep a singleton for EDH.
YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.
Fuck me sideways. Why do I even play this format? Every deck I pick up gets something in it banned. >:(
You know, for once I had a small sliver of hope that the DCI would do the right thing and handle a banning in a way that would have the least impact on the diversity of the format, but yet again they've proven themselves incompetent by swooping in and destroying an entire pillar of the format this time, not just a single problematic deck, just because they're too proud to admit they fucked up by printing a busted power creep dude.
The inevitable outcome of this is that cards will continue to be banned in a poor attempt to re-balance the format. You can't just destroy a pillar without everything else coming tumbling down. It's called a pillar for a reason.
Also, god forbid anything other than a blue deck dominate for a few months. This is ridiculous.
No, I responded to your closing statement regarding the blue decks dominating by proposing the list and you countered by saying that it;
a) Only performs the best against other Survival builds.
b) Isn't really blue because it barely has any blue cards.
Now, I adressed a) in my previous post, I thought I made myself clear, but alas, I failed. I apologize.
Regarding b), that is a completely different question, because that opens up an entirely different can of worms (counter questions: what is a "blue" deck? Does it win through a "blue" strategy, does it contain some "blue" element, or is it some magical number of cards that need to be blue in order for it to count as "blue"?)
Now, just to put this briefly because as I said, it isn't the main point: would UG Survival be a better deck as Mono-G Survival? I believe "no", I haven't seen a Mono-G Survival list perform well since Osaka Stompy. Thus, the deck benefits from being partly blue, and wins more through having blue cards and therefore is at least part-blue.
Not to say that this means that every deck that happens to Natural Order for Prog is 5c, most of the lists of UG Survival actually play FoW, as you said, and though they barely have enough cards, most of them (that I've seen) have around 15-17 at least.
And no, I don't have Asperger's. Argument ad hominem fail.
Last edited by Purgatory; 12-17-2010 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Fixed
Survival might just be the pic because it's the hot topic. Right? Right?
DCI Lvl II Judge
I played ANT, they banned Mystical.
I play Bant Survival, now they ban Survival.
Bummers.
If I start playing 60Islands.dec, they'll ban Island, I'm sure!
This looks like a job for me.
Most of my posts will be written from my phone, so please excuse the eventual lack of proper typing.
Well, the idea is, Legacy is such a big format, don't play the most dominating deck at the moment!
That aside, if this is real, I've really lost faith in Wizard's ability to maintain Legacy as a healthy format. Instead of banning VV and power-down one deck, they decided to ban Survival, which in effect KILLS 3+ decks. Although I was mentally prepared for this decision, I'm still taking it pretty hard. They better unban a lot of cards to counterbalance killing off this many decks.
Omg
Just fyi, the source of the picture was found: http://media.wizards.com/images/magi...e122k_icon.jpg
Still up in the air in terms of exactly what it means, in my opinion.
Delver enthusiast and avid practitioner of blind flipsmanship.
Follow me on Twitter: @AllSunsDawn
This will set a dangerous precedent if it's true.
June 2011, Counterbalance and Sensei's Top banned, for being in Top 8.
September 2011, Lion's Eye Diamond banned for being colorless.
December 2011, Wild Nacatl banned for being too damn aggressive.
March 2012, Aether Vial banned for cheating at Magic.
June 2012, Brainstorm banned for drawing more than 1 card per turn.
September 2012, Ponder restricted for being the same mana cost as Brainstorm and looking at 3 cards.
December 20th, 2012 - End of the world.
You laugh now...
West side
Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
* Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
My Legacy stream
My MTG Blog - Work in progress
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)