Page 105 of 197 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3936

Thread: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

  1. #2081
    Hymn-Slinging Mod
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    3,451

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Quick question:

    Can you imprint a colorless card/eldarazi onto Chrome Mox to have it produce colorless mana?
    No, colorless is not a color, it's the lack of any color. There are only five colors.

    EDIT: Just for clarity, there is no way to make a Chrome Mox tap for colorless by Imprinting anything on it.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    —Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  2. #2082

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    No, colorless is not a color, it's the lack of any color. There are only five colors.

    EDIT: Just for clarity, there is no way to make a Chrome Mox tap for colorless by Imprinting anything on it.
    Thank you.

    I was really hoping with the new errata of colorless mana with the diamond symbol and new land Waste type, this would no longer be the case.

    That's a shame.

  3. #2083
    Hymn-Slinging Mod
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    3,451

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Went 2-2 at FNM with the Nedleed's Human build. I lost to Aggro Loam and Grixis Delver, won versus ANT and TES.

    First round versus Aggro Loam I have to mull to 5, two hands that only had 1 lands. I keep 2 Ancient Tombs, 2 Chalice, 1 Jitte. I land both Chalices, but I never draw anything besides lands until he has 2 Knights and I lost. Game 2, I keep a turn 1 Chalice on 1, turn 2 Magus. He rips a Mox Diamond, then his one of Kolaghan's Command, and so I get blown out. I thought that I misplayed by putting the Chalice on 1 and not 0, but as it turns out he had a Swords to Plowshares, so I would have been screwed either way.

    Second round versus Grixis Delver, turn 1 Chalice for 1 gets Dazed, turn two Blood Moon resolves, but his hand was literally all Red spells and he drew even more Bolts and Swiftspears and I can't stabilize. Game 2 uncounterable Magus on turn 1 or 2 ends it. Game three my turn 1 Chalice on 1 gets Forced, turn 2 I have Flamespeaker (because he found a Cabal Therapy and took the Magus I would have had to play here) and turn 3 I have Sword of Fire and Ice. He double cantrips and finds his one of Pithing Needle. The game drags on but he finds Angler where all I find is lands.

    Third round is versus TES. Game one he mulls to 5, plays and LED and passes. I play Chalice on 0 and on 1 and he scoops. Game two Blood Moon gets Duressed. I have turn 1 Revoker, turn 2 SoFaI, turn 3 equip and draw Chalice which I play for 0. He desperation Ad Nauseams but he can't find the Rituals and dies.

    Fourth round is versus ANT. He mulls to 5, plays nothing and passes. I play Chalice on 1 and he scoops. Game two he Probes me, cantrips, passes. I play Blood Moon. He plays and land and passes. I play Chalice on 1 and he scoops.

    All in all, I the deck seems good. Had my first two opponents not drawn near-perfectly, I could have done a lot better. Can't really say too much though, most games went lock-piece into a concession. I'll probably play it again one day, perhaps with a bit better luck.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    —Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  4. #2084

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    I thought that I misplayed by putting the Chalice on 1 and not 0, but as it turns out he had a Swords to Plowshares, so I would have been screwed either way.
    That's results based thinking. Loam plays their own chalices and is completely reasonable to expect 0 non-DRS 1drops from them. Both players should be taking out their chalices unless you think you can reliably play your chalice on two. Chalices on 1 and 0 are not necessarily better than Darksteel Relics in the matchup. Of course depending on what lands you saw your opponent might have still been on maverick against which chalice is probably good enough to keep, right?

  5. #2085
    Hymn-Slinging Mod
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    3,451

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by apocolyps6 View Post
    That's results based thinking. Loam plays their own chalices and is completely reasonable to expect 0 non-DRS 1drops from them. Both players should be taking out their chalices unless you think you can reliably play your chalice on two. Chalices on 1 and 0 are not necessarily better than Darksteel Relics in the matchup. Of course depending on what lands you saw your opponent might have still been on maverick against which chalice is probably good enough to keep, right?
    Well, in theory, yes, but he was not a "traditional" Aggro Loam deck, the fact that he had Swords is kind of evidence of that. In the first game, I saw Karakas and Grove of the Burnwillows, so I figure he had at least Punishing Fires, even when I wasn't sure of what he was playing. He also had a hard time deciding what to Abrupt Decay, between a Jitte and both Calices in game 1, which meant to me that he must have had some one drops or something. In the end though, it was probably still incorrect to have any Chalices in at all.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    —Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  6. #2086

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy



    Good to kill Goyf/Walkers? Seems like a good answer. Thoughts on this?
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

  7. #2087
    Member
    Zupponn's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Wisconsin
    Posts

    536

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post


    Good to kill Goyf/Walkers? Seems like a good answer. Thoughts on this?
    One thing that does seem interesting is that you could cast this, return a city, and then play a mountain. Then you can replay the city next turn and not have lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpo View Post
    At minimum I'd say it outclasses Beetleback Chief.

  8. #2088
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,133

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post


    Good to kill Goyf/Walkers? Seems like a good answer. Thoughts on this?
    Would rather play Aftershock.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

  9. #2089

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Would rather play Dead / Gone, and that card isn't very good.

  10. #2090
    Member
    Zupponn's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Wisconsin
    Posts

    536

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    If only we played fetchlands...

    Quote Originally Posted by danpo View Post
    At minimum I'd say it outclasses Beetleback Chief.

  11. #2091

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Keeping the brewing alive.

    I'm trying an experiment. Replacing all Mountains with Snow-Covered Mountains and running a few copies of Glacial Crevasses and single Crucible of Worlds.
    Hoping not to die to Elves & Angels as often.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

  12. #2092
    plays Mountains
    Ace/Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2011
    Location

    Philadelphia Area
    Posts

    2,257

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post
    Hoping not to die to Elves & Angels as often.
    I'm pretty positive Elves has no way to win through a Fortune Thief.
    But it's not that great in any other match...

  13. #2093
    Member
    Negator77''s Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2015
    Location

    Bensalem, PA
    Posts

    162

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    I'm pretty positive Elves has no way to win through a Fortune Thief.
    But it's not that great in any other match...
    Deathrite Shaman and the many creature tutors they have to get it disagree.

  14. #2094
    plays Mountains
    Ace/Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2011
    Location

    Philadelphia Area
    Posts

    2,257

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Negator77' View Post
    Deathrite Shaman and the many creature tutors they have to get it disagree.
    Ahhh that rascal!

  15. #2095
    plays Mountains
    Ace/Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2011
    Location

    Philadelphia Area
    Posts

    2,257

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Had some extra credit with SCG, so I picked up the final piece I needed (Shattering Spree).
    Here is Koby's GP SeaTac list in foil:











    I had to position the cards around the Brainstorm lady's face in order to prevent glare.

    I completed my foil playset of Moggcatcher, so that's cool.
    Still some foil equipment away from being able to post nedleed's list in foil.

  16. #2096

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Had some extra credit with SCG, so I picked up the final piece I needed (Shattering Spree).
    Here is Koby's GP SeaTac list in foil:

    ...

    I had to position the cards around the Brainstorm lady's face in order to prevent glare.

    I completed my foil playset of Moggcatcher, so that's cool.
    Still some foil equipment away from being able to post nedleed's list in foil.
    Nice! It's a shame they won't print City of Traitors as an expedition because it's on the reserved list. However, the art on the card is fantastic so it won't really be an upgrade anyway.

  17. #2097
    Member
    Zupponn's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Wisconsin
    Posts

    536

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Love the foil loop mountains. It's too bad that there's no Pyrokinesis in foil.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpo View Post
    At minimum I'd say it outclasses Beetleback Chief.

  18. #2098
    Member
    movingtonewao's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Singapore, Singapore City
    Posts

    305

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by Blastoderm View Post
    Nice! It's a shame they won't print City of Traitors as an expedition because it's on the reserved list. However, the art on the card is fantastic so it won't really be an upgrade anyway.
    not sure how this works, but reserved list cards can be printed as judge foils BUT not expeditions?

    There is city of traitors in foil though, but they are worth a ridiculous amount of money.

  19. #2099
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2015
    Location

    SF Bay
    Posts

    54

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    I've been exploring this but with more of an artifact bend, employing all three lock pieces (Chalice, Moon, and Bridge) and using Hangarback Walker + Pia and Kiran Nalaar to come through, along with Shrapnel Blast to use up extra artifacts. It's been okay in testing but I haven't taken it to an event yet. I'm hoping to take it to my weekly legacy event on Tuesday. Any suggestions from you more experienced folk?

    Creatures (17)
    4 Hangarback Walker
    3 Pia and Kiran Nalaar
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Magus of the Moon
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    2 Spellskite

    Instants (7)
    4 Shrapnel Blast
    3 Desperate Ritual

    Enchantments (4)
    4 Blood Moon

    Artifacts (12)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Ensnaring Bridge

    Lands (20)
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    12 Mountain

  20. #2100
    plays Mountains
    Ace/Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2011
    Location

    Philadelphia Area
    Posts

    2,257

    Re: [Deck] Dragon Stompy

    Quote Originally Posted by wasabizod View Post
    Any suggestions from you more experienced folk?
    I count 20 red cards (4 of which also want to be exiled to produce ). I believe you typically want 26-28 red cards to make sure you can reliably use your Chrome Mox.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)